Hi folks. I love my Q10, but it's almost 4 yrs old and starting to have small glitches. I've been looking at upgrading to the Classic. I don't want a huge phone and the classic looks ideal for my needs

Just curious to know if others here liked the change from Q10 to classic? What is good vs what they miss etc.

Thx!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 03:01 PM
    Hey I just got an amazing deal on a Q10 and am using it since a week. The built quality of the Q10 is better in my opinion. Metal threads between the key rows, the glass weave backing. I really enjoy using the Q10 atm because of its formfactor and lightness. It's a wonderful little BlackBerry!

But all in all, the performance is exactly the same. I'd only buy the classic if you need the trackpad (which is extremely useful to select text or organising the hub). If you want to stay as small as possible go with a Q10. They can be had for so cheap. And you'd also be able to use it for another 4 years because of the replaceable battery haha

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 03:54 PM
    The size of the classic is still pretty good. There is a larger battery and a metal frame so you will initially notice a little more heft.

There are definitely a few conveniences to having the toolbelt and trackpad... one handed surfing is very fast with no reaching for the menu's.

Goodluck

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 03:58 PM
    Just curious to know if others here liked the change from Q10 to classic? What is good vs what they miss etc.

Thx!

Posted via CB10
    Loved the change.
    Everything is good.
    I miss nothing.

No prob.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:08 PM
    Hey I just got an amazing deal on a Q10 and am using it since a week. The built quality of the Q10 is better in my opinion. Metal threads between the key rows, the glass weave backing. I really enjoy using the Q10 atm because of its formfactor and lightness. It's a wonderful little BlackBerry!

But all in all, the performance is exactly the same. I'd only buy the classic if you need the trackpad (which is extremely useful to select text or organising the hub). If you want to stay as small as possible go with a Q10. They can be had for so cheap. And you'd also be able to use it for another 4 years because of the replaceable battery haha

Posted via CB10
    The frets between the keys are actually plastic. They do look like metal. I've taken many Q10's apart. The frame/bezel is stainless steel though, even the black one, it's just painted.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-01-16 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd have to agree with this. I got a Classic on release day but I've stayed with my Q10. The Classic is a bit bigger and has a great screen. However it's also a bit heavier and seems a bit unwieldy at times. And to this day, I don't even know why the toolbelt is there. It seems redundant to me. Sure selecting text and such is a pain on the Q10 but I keep pressing and holding the menu button half expecting the app switcher to pop up on the screen from my BBOS days. The Q10 fits in my pockets better and has a removable battery. On the Classic it's non-removable. So what happens if I drop it in water as I have with my Q?? I'm just afraid of dropping the Classic, period. But to each their own.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    03-01-16 10:24 PM
    First thing I noticed is the classic is heavier, feels like it's built better. You're getting almost identical guts in the classic, so it's not exactly an upgrade. Screen is a little larger and you get the toolbelt. I personally prefer the q10. I just love how light it is. Such a powerful little device. Most would choose the classic however.
    03-02-16 12:17 AM
    Thanks everyone! In part, I need a slightly larger screen. I don't want huge like on the passport, but it would be easier to have a slightly bigger screen and not have to always find reading glasses. I love my Q10, but it is starting to show it's quirks- which I'm fine with all long as the phone still works. Weight isn't an issue for me as I will get a belt holster for it. I want to go to the store and handle one- I've used a friend's and liked the feel of it and I'm used to the tool belt as I had a curve for many years.

However, if there aren't other perks(apps etc), I may stick with my Q10. I don't want to get a new phone if there aren't added benefits. The priv would be an option but I don't like the design. Just not a style for me- but, never say never right?

Thanks everyone for your input! It's very helpful

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 01:19 AM