I currently own a Q10 and was wondering if upgrading to the classic is worth it?

I don't care about processor speed or ram. I want to know if the tool belt particularly the touch pad makes a huge difference. Also the screen size, the Q10 screen feels small with all of the extra bars for example typing this post the "attachment" paper clip takes up a whole row as does the "suggested words" bar.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:33 PM
    I have a Q and a Classic. The Q is still a powerful little unit...little being the key word, it feels so small in my hands that I have a difficult time using it. The bottom line....my Q gets little love these days....all classic. Personally I'd wait another month or two and wait for the price to come down if you can.
    03-25-15 09:40 PM
    To me it is the bigger screen,the tool belt ,longer battery life is enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    davisgq likes this.
    03-25-15 09:45 PM
    If you dont care about specs, then you will enjoy the classic

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    03-25-15 09:49 PM
    After going from the Q10 (before that a long history of BlackBerry phones) to the Classic I can safely say that the larger screen, track pad and the tool belt make a great phone. You'll enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    davisgq and jamesharmeling like this.
    03-25-15 09:57 PM
    It's the difference between wants and needs. You certainly don't NEED to make the change. That's said if you want to...You'll love it

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Passport from Philadelphia
    03-25-15 09:59 PM
    Classic is a great device from blackberry, I own q10 and it deserves all the love as far as form factor and portability is concerned. However, when compared to classic you will feel classic is more a well rounded package with a better pkb, awesome screen, sexy heft, and sexy toolbelt!!! So definitely you will not regret buying a classic and will be happy on your decision. I own both and happy!!

Posted via CB10
    davisgq likes this.
    03-25-15 10:36 PM
    Q10 to classic - not worth it. The Classic is a poorly designed Q10 with a broken toolbelt and added bulk. It's nothing like the device BlackBerry promised it would be. Legacy BBOS users upgrading to this phone will be in migration hell as everything they embraced before is now either gone or buried where one can't find it.

Well done BlackBerry - you've managed to build a "Bold 9900 successor" that screws the very customers that are keeping your boat afloat.
    blee4 and LuisCast like this.
    03-26-15 01:34 AM
    Q10 to classic - not worth it. The Classic is a poorly designed Q10 with a broken toolbelt and added bulk. It's nothing like the device BlackBerry promised it would be. Legacy BBOS users upgrading to this phone will be in migration hell as everything they embraced before is now either gone or buried where one can't find it.

Well done BlackBerry - you've managed to build a "Bold 9900 successor" that screws the very customers that are keeping your boat afloat.
    Can you elaborate a bit more maybe give 2-3 examples? The only thing I would use on the toolbelt is the trackpad. I don't take that many calls.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:35 AM
    I went from the Q10 to the Classic. Build quality feels better, screen upgrade feels perfect, keyboard feels better and toolbelt and trackpad are incredibly useful. I also tried the Z30 before the Classic. Classic takes everything I enjoyed about my Q10 and made it better. Best phone I've used to date and I've hopped around this last year (iphone 6, Q10, Z30, Moto G 2014, Note 3).

Just my opinion of course

Ryan

Posted via CB10
    sid89 and Fayzul Omar like this.
    03-26-15 07:47 AM

I would have to respectfully disagree. From my initial impressions, the Classic is beautifully designed. To be fair, I used a Q10 prior to getting the Classic so I got used to BB10 and I can see what you are saying about people who may have some difficulty migrating directly from OS7.1 to BB10. Prior to the Q10, I had a Bold 9930. In terms of coming from Q10 to Classic, worth it for me. That little extra screen size didn't seem like a big deal, but it sure is. The keyboard is back to the 9930 days. I actually wouldn't want it any bigger than it is and so the Classic is perfect for me. The Classic is a bigger, faster version of the 9930 which I absolutely LOVED as a BB device and the Classic is EXACTLY what users like me want and the device that BB promised it would be. I'm one of those who likes the added bulk. Makes the device feel well-made. And really, when I went from OS7 to BB10, the learning curve wasn't too difficult. I had to get used to not having a trackpad and learning about the Hub and peak and flow gestures and such, but I learned rather quickly and didn't miss OS7. Of course, everyone is different in that learning process.
    jrsva2008 and Fayzul Omar like this.
    03-26-15 07:57 AM

Troll!!!

Posted via CB10
    Fayzul Omar and vgorous like this.
    03-26-15 10:30 AM
    I'm one day in with my new Classic having moved over from my Q10. I've loved the Q10 and had made the shift fine from OS7 to OS10. But admit my larger hands are liking the extra space on the Classic's keyboard. It feels more solid to type on as well. I've not had any trouble with the doubletyping on Q10s, and I've had two. But admit I do like this Classic's feel. It feels good in my hand, and the screen is brighter. I don't do much multimedia or gaming as I'm much more about texts, emails, phone and calendar. The extra size is nice to have. I know each person has different preferences and likes, but all in all, I'm finding it a great upgrade for me. By the way, I'm steady with ATT so the price with the two year upgrade fit my budget too.
    Fayzul Omar and davisgq like this.
    03-26-15 08:22 PM
    I've got a Q10 and a classic. I still use the Q10 every day as a MP3 player in my workshop. While I love how light the Q10 is I prefer the screen size of the classic, the keyboard and every time I use the Q10 miss the trackpad. If you like the Q10 you will love the classic.

Classically posted.
    03-27-15 02:53 AM
    It's a great switch from a Q10

The classic has many benefits over the Q10
    03-30-15 06:14 PM
    In my current experience, if you like Q10, probably you will love Classic or hate it due additional $ paid for it.

Same specs, but much better quality built, as for me better keyboard and...well...so classy!

From my Classic
    03-30-15 10:45 PM