[QUOTE=imabbfan;11403987]
    They even removed the ability to remove the battery!

That concerns me, too. I have always counted on a battery pull to straighten out problems.
    I agree... but, as that was my concern too, I can confirm that I've yet to ever feel the need to do that to my Classic.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2243)
    02-26-15 11:10 AM
    I made the switch from Q10 to Passport and then to Classic. I am happy with my choice. The Classic is not an obvious "upgrade" you'd expect for sure. However the whole package is a worthy upgrade for me.

The Classic's keyboard is again slightly larger than Q10's, the new tactile feel is great and, while the Q10 had a good keyboard, I really enjoy typing more on the Classic.

In terms of display I enjoy the LCD screen, no longer prone to burn-in effects. It is not only brighter outsides, but also dimmer in dark environments. The added 0.4" doesn't sound like much, but it's quite noticeable and while the screen doesn't display more content (same resolution) it makes viewing easier and better.

Trackpad is great for text selection and for the browser, where you have a mouse cursor. Really helpful in quite some situations. Also great for traditional one handed use, even though the Classic is pretty big for that.
    I don't use the toolbelt as much as I thought I would, yet I am pleased to see you can use almost everything on the device without the need to actually touch the screen.

So in the verdict, it doesn't offer more power, more memory or a crispier display with a big ppi increase. Instead it offers some improvements and changes in other areas which makes the switch worthwhile for me. Of course whether it is worth the price of an update is up to you.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:15 AM
    The screen on the classic is also a good step up from the Q10--LCD vs AMOLED and just slightly bigger bit I think it's noticeable.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:39 AM
    Do you mean like this?

Attachment 337120

Classically posted.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:48 PM
    Interesting. Same resolution yet Classic display shows more?
    This would be one of my concern if going back to q10. The bottom bar in 10.3 is just too big. Half size would suffice. Very inefficient use of screen real estate.

Fiedka
    02-26-15 02:00 PM
    Interesting. Same resolution yet Classic display shows more?
    This would be one of my concern if going back to q10. The bottom bar in 10.3 is just too big. Half size would suffice. Very inefficient use of screen real estate.

Fiedka
    That and the inexplicably large, round button in the middle of the screen that pushes into whatever you're doing.

10.3 is an OS designed for phablets, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:57 PM
    I won't repeat what most everyone else has said but I'm typing this on my Classic while my Q10 is in a drawer collecting dust.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:22 PM
    I tried the q10 and sent it back, instead staying with my old 9900 for another 18 months. Classic was what I hoped BB would do and they did. Its a brilliant device and like a 9900 on steroids. Keyboard, Tool belt and trackpad are simply 90% of what I need a BB for.
    02-26-15 05:25 PM
    I won't repeat what most everyone else has said but I'm typing this on my Classic while my Q10 is in a drawer collecting dust.

Hear hear... I'm sure you are like me, in that i'll NEVER sell my Q10 as that is a classic device. :-)

02-27-15 04:47 AM
    I had a Q10 briefly for around 2 months...then after a few phones here and there I am now on the Classic. I would say it's definitely an upgrade. Screen is bigger, keyboard is better, trackpad + hard keys, and the overall Classiness

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 05:53 AM
    Imagine how nice that screen would be (on the Classic) if they removed the virtual buttons at the bottom of the screen (or at least allowed the user to hide them). Since the physical buttons can do those actions for you it would give so much more screen back to you for viewing.
    02-27-15 07:46 AM
    I would say the whole point of having those buttons is the fact they are physical.

Fiedka
    02-27-15 12:37 PM
    I just got my Classic. As others have said, this should have been what the Q10 was originally.

Totally happy with the device!
    johnburton_uk and moyah8 like this.
    02-27-15 01:26 PM
    Imagine how nice that screen would be (on the Classic) if they removed the virtual buttons at the bottom of the screen (or at least allowed the user to hide them). Since the physical buttons can do those actions for you it would give so much more screen back to you for viewing.
    Dude those physical buttons is why the BlackBerry classic exists. You just need a Passport. Leave the Classic alone! A lot of us love it like that (:

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 02:10 PM
    I had my Q10 for about a year and upgraded to the Classic today. It's been a long time coming. No regrets. I'm a happy camper because of the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:49 PM
    I tried the Classic for about a month. I liked the keyboard and the larger screen, but missed my Q10's form factor. The Q10 is much easier to carry around. I also thought the Classic did not have the same quality as the Q10 (gaps, light bleed, etc.). The toolbelt was also no big deal for me, as I thought it was taking away from the BB10 experience. So, I am back to my trusted Q10/Z30 combo (Q10 as the daily driver, and Z30 for when I am home). I was hoping the Classic would be the one that could replace the two as a middle ground device, but it didn't have enough to really replace the full strengths of the two!
    02-28-15 10:20 PM
    Had the classic but ended up buying a new q10.
    Q10 is the best BlackBerry made to date imo.

Ideal proportions
    Bb10 makes tool belt obsolete thus lending to cleaner design and size
    Removable battery and esp useful with the spare battery charger unit
    Superior build with the fiber weave and all black anodized unibody construction
    Amoled screen has higher ppi and noticeable compared to classic

Love it. Just don't love the lack of critical apps like Uber and kakaotalk

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:53 PM
    Dude those physical buttons is why the BlackBerry classic exists. You just need a Passport. Leave the Classic alone! A lot of us love it like that (:

Posted via CB10
    I think you read his post wrong.

Posted via CB10
    fkornre likes this.
    03-01-15 12:24 AM
    I want to change to Classic, if there are not any double typing issue. Because that will be enough improvement for me. Currently I have Q10.

therefore I'm still waiting.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:43 AM
    I want to change to Classic, if there are not any double typing issue. Because that will be enough improvement for me. Currently I have Q10.

Posted via CB10
    I'd recommend waiting a few more months. There have been some first reports regarding double-typing, I have witnissed it myself on my Classic already, but I couldn't really recreate it.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:46 AM
    Hear hear... I'm sure you are like me, in that i'll NEVER sell my Q10 as that is a classic device. :-)

I have a drawer full of "classic" devices.

moyah8 likes this.
    03-01-15 06:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I LOVE the physical keys. I think that is what I was saying in my post.

I think you read his post wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I had to re-read what I wrote because I was thinking I did not state myself properly.
    03-01-15 08:37 AM
    I LOVE the physical keys. I think that is what I was saying in my post.

Thank you! I had to re-read what I wrote because I was thinking I did not state myself properly.
    Sorry bro, my bad...I mistook the virtual buttons as physical buttons! :'(

Posted via CB10
    fkornre likes this.
    03-01-15 12:28 PM
    I loved the build quality on my Q10. If the Classic measures up in this area then IMHO the upgrade is a no-brainer.
    03-03-15 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Order one of the newer, unlocked Q10s. They have supposedly fixed the double-typing issues (yet to be seen by me as I'm only a few days into my new Q10).

I was seriously unimpressed with the Classic and reverted to a new Q10. The build is markedly improved from when I was a Verizon Q10 user circa-release (multiple replacement devices over the year and a half I had it until the Passport was released).

The new Q10 is the best phone I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 03-03-15 at 09:53 AM.
    03-03-15 09:31 AM
51 123