I have had iphone 4, 5 and 5s. The Classic beats them hands down. Love my Classic. It keeps me organized and on-track. It entertains and it is stylish. You will not be disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:23 AM
    Can't get over the bro, brah and nomsayin. lol.

Your needs seem pretty basic so you should be fine with any of the current BB 10 offerings.
    07-25-15 09:57 AM
    BlackBerry is still the best at emails... but video, the Classic falls short because of its screen.

 Instant Classic!
    07-25-15 11:06 AM
    BlackBerry is still the best at emails... but video, the Classic falls short because of its screen.

 Instant Classic!
    It's a matter of getting used to it

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-25-15 02:05 PM
    The calculator app is not mentioned very much but I use it quite often. There's a Unit Converter and Tip features. The Tip feature is for when you go out to restaurants and wonder how much to tip, or how much to tip per person if you're dining with a group.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:01 PM
    damn im stuck in a rut brahs, can't decide what to get.

I may get the phone upfront and get a sim only contract as I dunno if I can manage 2 yrs with 1 phone. Im 19/20 now so I'm not really gonna use a blackberry like most of u lads do for office efficiency and that but more because of its aesthetics (a bb classic on a table looks so much more aesthetic/professional than an iPhone or those ugly android brick like phones).

Lmao that is like my main reason for buying one, aesthetics. w.r.t performance the video display is disappointing as hell, but i might overlook it.
    07-25-15 05:03 PM
    Before the Classic was born (we knew what it would be but couldn't play w/ it) I wasn't sure how the belt would work w/ BB10. I was driving a Q at the time. I'm now w/ a PP because, why not. And love it. Then a saw the blue Classic. Now, I don't see color very well but blue, for whatever reason stands out. So I watched several reviews and listen to the good, and bad. The good, communicating is what it's for, thats really all I care about. The bad, games load slow and the screen is to small for gaming. Lack of apps. Small engine....you already know what I'm saying. I picked up my 9930. Looked him deep in the eyes and remembered a fondness that I have never had w/ another device. This is all to say, BlueBerry is on its way.

BleedBlk-
    07-25-15 05:26 PM
    Before the Classic was born (we knew what it would be but couldn't play w/ it) I wasn't sure how the belt would work w/ BB10. I was driving a Q at the time. I'm now w/ a PP because, why not. And love it. Then a saw the blue Classic. Now, I don't see color very well but blue, for whatever reason stands out. So I watched several reviews and listen to the good, and bad. The good, communicating is what it's for, thats really all I care about. The bad, games load slow and the screen is to small for gaming. Lack of apps. Small engine....you already know what I'm saying. I picked up my 9930. Looked him deep in the eyes and remembered a fondness that I have never had w/ another device. This is all to say, BlueBerry is on its way.

BleedBlk-
    Lovin this "article" bud. Could very well be the core material for BlackBerry ads.

And yes, had the blue variant been available when I bought my regular black Classic a week ago, I'd most likely have chosen that one too.

Posted via CB10
    RWB3325 likes this.
    07-26-15 12:48 AM
    Back to the original thread starter, I'm pretty confident you'll find a higher degree of satisfaction in the "long run" with a Classic - that's taking into consideration the aesthetic "impact" of the device as opposed to the usual slabs of phones.

I've personally had every type of iPhone (except the current 6) and a couple of androids over the years. I now have both a Note 4 and a Classic.

Needless to say, the Note 4 is always in the bag or the car or the bedside table. And it's only playing YouTube on the go. An iPad serves me best at home or the desktop even.

And my experience has always been the same. The first 2 weeks or so is exhilarating after owning an iPhone or Android. Lots of apps to try and tinker. But the 2 weeks onwards (and sometimes a year afterward), it's always a trusty BlackBerry (from Pearl onwards) that gets me through the day.

My day is 7 hours of sleep, other than that I work, eat, communicate and sometimes play. Play takes an hour probably and eating takes about 2. So on average the BlackBerry tends to be the most useful for me.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 12:57 AM

I may get the phone upfront and get a sim only contract as I dunno if I can manage 2 yrs with 1 phone. Im 19/20 now so I'm not really gonna use a blackberry like most of u lads do for office efficiency and that but more because of its aesthetics (a bb classic on a table looks so much more aesthetic/professional than an iPhone or those ugly android brick like phones).

Lmao that is like my main reason for buying one, aesthetics. w.r.t performance the video display is disappointing as hell, but i might overlook it.
    Then the Passport is for you. Awesome display and the aesthetics are unique. The king of the current BlackBerry crop.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-26-15 02:36 AM

Same as you, wasn't sure if I could stick for 2 years with one phone - so I bought the Passport outright, and started haggling with EE for a 1 year Sim-only contract.

The 1 year sim-only contract averages out at 13.60+VAT (eg �15.99 total) pcm for unlimited minutes & texts, and 5Gb 4G which I thought was ok (took me two phone calls to get it), but I'm sure there are better deals out there if you have the patience to play the carriers off against each other.

Over a year, the outright purchase and 'haggled' Sim-only costs, worked out cheaper for me than getting the phone on contract - having said that, I am sure that prices have changed significantly since January, so a deal may work out differently for you.
    07-26-15 06:48 AM
    Then the Passport is for you. Awesome display and the aesthetics are unique. The king of the current BlackBerry crop.

Nah man passport is un-aesthetic as hell, classic is hella good looking however.
    07-26-15 11:12 AM
    Same as you, wasn't sure if I could stick for 2 years with one phone - so I bought the Passport outright, and started haggling with EE for a 1 year Sim-only contract.

The 1 year sim-only contract averages out at 13.60+VAT (eg �15.99 total) pcm for unlimited minutes & texts, and 5Gb 4G which I thought was ok (took me two phone calls to get it), but I'm sure there are better deals out there if you have the patience to play the carriers off against each other.

Over a year, the outright purchase and 'haggled' Sim-only costs, worked out cheaper for me than getting the phone on contract - having said that, I am sure that prices have changed significantly since January, so a deal may work out differently for you.
    Yea i found something similar on EE (I'm probably only gonna use EE due to their 4GEE Extra), it was like 17.99 or something. Did urs come with 4GEE extra? Also can you haggle for contracts or like edit the plan with no history with the company or is it a fixed price?

Is there any 1 preferred place to buy the classic upfront? Amazon/CPW/blackberry themselves? Do u reckon if I bought it upfront from CPW and asked for a sim only contract they'd settle?

Cheers geez
    07-26-15 11:20 AM
    Yea i found something similar on EE (I'm probably only gonna use EE due to their 4GEE Extra), it was like 17.99 or something. Did urs come with 4GEE extra? Also can you haggle for contracts or like edit the plan with no history with the company or is it a fixed price?

Is there any 1 preferred place to buy the classic upfront? Amazon/CPW/blackberry themselves? Do u reckon if I bought it upfront from CPW and asked for a sim only contract they'd settle?

Cheers geez
    I'm pretty sure I'm not on EE Extra (if that is the free calls when roaming within Europe) - I do have an option to buy this for �2 a day whilst I am away (and similar options purchased on a weekly/fortnightly basis etc).

I've been with Orange/EE for over 20 years, so I got a load of Sim-only prices from other carriers, and went back to EE and said beat these..... so they offered me a 12 month Sim-only contract at 21.99 pcm, with the first 6 months at half price (eg �10.99), so the contract averages out at �15.99pcm (this includes VAT) which I was very happy with. The unlimited minutes is very important for me as I rarely do less than 3500 minutes per month (to a mixture of landline, mobile & 080 UK numbers) - the 5Gb data rarely gets used (it's just for when I need to use my phone as a 4G Dongle).

I would expect that now is a very good time to haggle with carriers in the UK, because with all the (potential) mergers they are desperate to reduce churn and rise subscriber numbers.

I bought the phone direct from CPW (at Selfridges, London) - who pushed really hard for me to take the phone on a contract (offering very good deals - but all for 2 year contracts) - and organised the Sim-only contract directly with EE (and eventually went into an EE shop to pick up the nano-Sim after EE failed to post it to me when they said they would).

Good luck!
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 07-26-15 at 11:30 PM.
    07-26-15 02:23 PM
    You used your phone to get girls? You can do that today. Just go to www.AshleyMadison.com
    lol'd that this was first choice and the support for it.. "Pdinos3, Mecca EL, bungaboy, sully_p, raino like this."

Let me guess, the lot of you are American ;-) 50% divorce rate and counting is no joke
    07-26-15 03:18 PM
    to answer OP though, if you've been using a candy bar phone for the last several years then upgrade to a candy bar BB10 phone not only will you upgrade to a bomb keyboard based on swype but much better than android's vkb... you will also get a much bigger screen that isn't so long as it is thick.

I personally hated the i5's form factor. It's like they stretched out the i4 but forgot to add thickness to it and it was lighter than a feather... it felt like it had no insides when you held it.

Anyway, get the Z30. Any app that BBW might not offer you can get off Snap, Aptoide, Amazon A.S. or GPlay if you wanted to.
    07-26-15 03:25 PM
    Nah man passport is un-aesthetic as hell, classic is hella good looking however.
    To each his own, but hold one and look at the hub. You've never seen it looking so crisp. Lay it on the table at a restaurant and I guarantee someone will say something.

07-26-15 05:03 PM
    Lay it on the table at a restaurant and I guarantee someone will say something.

depends on the country you're talking about you're from the UK. in the US they'd laugh at you for using BlackBerry but also wondering what is up with the size n shape?
    07-26-15 07:03 PM
    zyzz says you should keep the phone brah.
    07-26-15 09:01 PM
    To each his own, but hold one and look at the hub. You've never seen it looking so crisp. Lay it on the table at a restaurant and I guarantee someone will say something.

This guy knows what he's talking about. The hub is the best thing since__ you fill in the rest

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 09:59 PM
    depends on the country you're talking about you're from the UK. in the US they'd laugh at you for using BlackBerry but also wondering what is up with the size n shape?
    Not my experience at all - after the "wow, that's huge" and "BlackBerry still make phones?" comments, a frequent follow-up comment is: "I wish we could still buy BlackBerry's in America". Note: don't get these comments in the financial/legal districts (eg Lower Manhattan, Chicago) where people are still very used to seeing/using BlackBerry devices, but generally get these comments everywhere else I visit in the US.
    07-26-15 11:36 PM
    Not my experience at all - after the "wow, that's huge" and "BlackBerry still make phones?" comments, a frequent follow-up comment is: "I wish we could still buy BlackBerry's in America". Note: don't get these comments in the financial/legal districts (eg Lower Manhattan, Chicago) where people are still very used to seeing/using BlackBerry devices, but generally get these comments everywhere else I visit in the US.
    usually the "BlackBerry still makes phones" comment is a shot against BBRY.
    07-26-15 11:39 PM
    usually the "BlackBerry still makes phones" comment is a shot against BBRY.
    A lot of people I have met in the US (especially off the beaten track) have genuinely thought that BlackBerry don't make phones,
    and/or,
    that BlackBerry DO still make phones, but that only Corporations and Public Sector (eg government/federal departments) can buy them (eg that BlackBerry doesn't sell to consumers any longer in the US).

One chap I met in very north New York state, assumed that I had gone to Canada to buy my Passport, as 'you cannot buy them in a shop in the US'. I went onto the AT&T website to show him that the Passport is on sale to consumers in the US - he was impressed.... He was even more impressed by: the battery life, and the fact that I can up the font size on a big screen when I forget my reading glasses!

The only person I know who makes derogatory "BlackBerry still makes phones" comments is my girlfriend, and that is a dig at me, not at BlackBerry, for me being old!
    07-26-15 11:55 PM
    A lot of people I have met in the US (especially off the beaten track) have genuinely thought that BlackBerry don't make phones,
    and/or,
    that BlackBerry DO still make phones, but that only Corporations and Public Sector (eg government/federal departments) can buy them (eg that BlackBerry doesn't sell to consumers any longer in the US).

One chap I met in very north New York state, assumed that I had gone to Canada to buy my Passport, as 'you cannot buy them in a shop in the US'. I went onto the AT&T website to show him that the Passport is on sale to consumers in the US - he was impressed.... He was even more impressed by: the battery life, and the fact that I can up the font size on a big screen when I forget my reading glasses!

The only person I know who makes derogatory "BlackBerry still makes phones" comments is my girlfriend, and that is a dig at me, not at BlackBerry, for me being old!
    Blackberry isn't going anywhere. As long as major corporations /governments is still using it, it ain't going nowhere. It has a soild OS, it's secure, and I don't care what people say about my passport. It's best to be unique than follow the crowd

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:19 AM
    Blackberry isn't going anywhere. As long as major corporations /governments is still using it, it ain't going nowhere. It has a soild OS, it's secure, and I don't care what people say about my passport. It's best to be unique than follow the crowd

Posted via CB10
    This ^^

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    07-27-15 01:30 AM
50 12