02-24-15 06:28 PM
57 123
    Got mine on Sunday the 22nd at the AT&T store in a fairly small town in Southwestern Illinois. The staff didn't know a whole lot about it, but they were very nice and as helpful as they could be. I was set on a Classic and no attempt was made by anyone there to change my mind. I know I was the first person to get one, making me a minor celebrity for a minute or two! Only problem so far, is that the Accuweather app won't let me add other locations, although it seems to have the ability to do so. It just doesn't work. Accuweather responded to my e-mail saying they are aware of the problem and are working on it. FWIW..... Thanks!
    02-23-15 02:48 PM
    Got mine at one of the AT&T locations in the Flatbush area of brooklyn. Was glad to see one of the reps there with a Classic himself. Didn't have a chance to say Hi to you while I was there, so I'm gonna say it here. Hi.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:42 PM
    Does this ATT Classic have the Hotspot function available? Is Maps on it? In other words is anything disabled due to being on this carrier?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:24 AM
    Does this ATT Classic have the Hotspot function available? Is Maps on it? In other words is anything disabled due to being on this carrier?

Posted via CB10
    Yes - it comes with everything that a normal Classic has, plus wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    stardomains likes this.
    02-24-15 08:26 AM
    Went to our second AT&T store today - they had the leather holster case in stock. Only one, and it's now mine Loving my Classic!!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:59 AM
    Went to my local AT&T store, and they had both on display and working. The rep was actually very positive about it and was excited to show me the capacitive keyboard on the Passport. He also verified the suspicion that they are not doing any training on it, or at least haven't yet, he said that they haven't been trained about them yet, so maybe they will, who knows. But he didn't try to steer me to another phone or anything like that. I also confirmed that with my grandfathered plan, I can still use my 2-year upgrade to get it without it adding any costs to my monthly bill. He admitted that the new plans it is worse to sign the 2-year contract, but for my old-style plan it actually does benefit me besides being locked to their network for 2 years. My next upgrade isn't for another 4 months, so I guess I'll have to keep using this unlocked one without wireless charging until that time comes, and I'll get the AT&T Classic with wireless charging.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    areyes163 likes this.
    02-24-15 05:26 PM
    if the Passport had full qwerty I would go for it
    jly.public likes this.
    02-24-15 06:28 PM
57 123