02-24-15 06:28 PM
57 123
tools
    Just picked up a Classic at my local AT&T store. They had both the Passport and Classic on display. Good experience! But, you have to know what you want, I doubt they would talk up the Passport or Classic to someone just looking for a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:56 AM
    Just picked up a Classic at my local AT&T store. They had both the Passport and Classic on display. Good experience! But, you have to know what you want, I doubt they would talk up the Passport or Classic to someone just looking for a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Just good to know they had them in the stores on Display!
    02-20-15 09:58 AM
    Just good to know they had them in the stores on Display!
    i bet that's only in big stores in big cities
    02-20-15 10:01 AM
    i bet that's only in big stores in big cities
    It was in Tyler, Texas. Population of ~96k. Not too large of a city.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    that's good news for bb
    02-20-15 10:25 AM
    Pics!
    02-20-15 10:26 AM
    Does it have PMA wireless charging?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-20-15 10:41 AM
    +1
    02-20-15 11:08 AM
    Ordered mine online. AT&T offers 12 months same as cash. The NEXT 12 plan is $21 per month for 12 months, the phone is $419.99 if bought outright. Still locked into a 2-year contract, but at least I am not paying a for a subsidy for longer than I have to.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-20-15 11:25 AM
    That's great to hear that you were able to walk in the day it was launched and get one. But the fact that they also had some on display is amazing to hear.

Did you walk in asking for the Classic? Did they try and gear you towards another phone?
    02-20-15 11:33 AM
    I'm planning on going in today and getting a Classic from AT&T. I'll be purchasing the phone retail, since I want nothing at all to do with a contract. I have a Passport which I purchased unlocked from Amazon, and currently pay $72 a month for unlimited text, data, 450 anytime minutes, with 3,500 rollover minutes (which I'll never use) for AT&T's service. (Long story, but it has to do with grandfathered data plans, and being with Cingular/AT&T for a long, long while).

My wife gave me a $300 gift card she received for turning in her iPhone to get a new iPhone, so I'll be dropping about $120 to buy the Classic off contract.

Planning on messing with the Classic a bit in the store, to see if I want to keep it, or sell it so I can get a Z30. I really, really want to try the "all touch" experience with BB OS 10, and I've been trying to ignore the temptation of getting the Z30, but it just won't go away. Maybe the Classic will convince me otherwise. And being that the Classic uses a microSIM, switching cards between the Passport and Classic should be a breeze.

Edit: Looks like I'll be going with the Classic. During all my time of Z30 envy, I didn't check to see if an unlocked Z30 would have LTE on the AT&T network. Looks like the LTE band in my area is 17, so no go on LTE, meaning no go on the Z30. Guess I'll just have to wait like everybody else for the next high-end BB OS 10 all touch device.
    Last edited by RandomPrecision92; 02-20-15 at 01:07 PM.
    02-20-15 11:41 AM
    I don't know as I don't have a PMA charger. If there's another way to check, let me know.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:56 AM
    That's great to hear that you were able to walk in the day it was launched and get one. But the fact that they also had some on display is amazing to hear.

Did you walk in asking for the Classic? Did they try and gear you towards another phone?
    I walked in asking for the Classic. I had my Passport with me, so they knew they couldn't really sway me away from the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:57 AM
    I don't know as I don't have a PMA charger. If there's another way to check, let me know.

Posted via CB10
    This might be a crap shoot but if it has PMA capability it will probably have a small magnet to center the phone on a charger so you can possibly put a weak magnet under the phone and see if it attracts it to a specific spot each time.

Thanks

Ill be getting mine when i get off work tonight and ill take my PMA base and test
    02-20-15 11:59 AM
    I'm planning on going in today and getting a Classic from AT&T. I'll be purchasing the phone retail, since I want nothing at all to do with a contract. I have a Passport which I purchased unlocked from Amazon, and currently pay $72 a month for unlimited text, data, 450 anytime minutes, with 3,500 rollover minutes (which I'll never use) for AT&T's service. (Long story, but it has to do with grandfathered data plans, and being with Cingular/AT&T for a long, long while).

My wife gave me a $300 gift card she received for turning in her iPhone to get a new iPhone, so I'll be dropping about $120 to buy the Classic off contract.

Planning on messing with the Classic a bit in the store, to see if I want to keep it, or sell it so I can get a Z30. I really, really want to try the "all touch" experience with BB OS 10, and I've been trying to ignore the temptation of getting the Z30, but it just won't go away. Maybe the Classic will convince me otherwise. And being that the Classic uses a microSIM, switching cards between the Passport and Classic should be a breeze.
    I was in the same spot as you wanting to experience the touch screen so I got a Z30! Ut I ended up trading it for the classic. I was coming from a Q10 and thought the Z30 would be good for me but my fingers prefer actual buttons I guess couldn't switch. Now the only question for me is after my daughter opens up her passport today that I bought for her for her 19th birthday am I going to want one for me? Lol #bbproblems

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:25 PM
    I checked two stores in the Knoxville, TN area and both only had classic on display, no passport.

The classic was nice though. Much nicer screen than my z10. I still am not too sure about the tool belt. It just doesn't make sense on bb10. I couldn't always tell what the menu button would do for instance...launch the highlighted button, right side overflow menu, left side tab menu...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:36 PM
    Do you like the extra space under the keys compared with the squared version? Easier to hold?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:44 PM
    This might be a crap shoot but if it has PMA capability it will probably have a small magnet to center the phone on a charger so you can possibly put a weak magnet under the phone and see if it attracts it to a specific spot each time.

Thanks

Ill be getting mine when i get off work tonight and ill take my PMA base and test
    I've been looking forward to wireless charging on the AT&T version. It concerns me that there appears to be no mention of wireless charing on the AT&T site or any of their announcements. You would think they would promote the feature if it had it.
    02-20-15 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tyler, awesome. I'm in Dallas. How were the clerks? Friendly, knowledgeable?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    02-20-15 12:50 PM
    I'm going to an AT&T store today and tomorrow to play around with the demo devices. Can't wait!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    LibertyPhone likes this.
    02-20-15 12:50 PM
    I've been looking forward to wireless charging on the AT&T version. It concerns me that there appears to be no mention of wireless charing on the AT&T site or any of their announcements. You would think they would promote the feature if it had it.
    Agree, my local stores still do not have it but they get shipment midday so I'm hoping i can confirm if this is featured or not. Online reps don't know anything beyond what is posted on the att website. It does not look real optimistic so far b/c like yourself this is a feature im looking forward to.
    02-20-15 01:04 PM
    Tyler, awesome. I'm in Dallas. How were the clerks? Friendly, knowledgeable?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Awesome!! And they were friendly, but not too knowledgeable about BlackBerry. I showed off the capacitive keyboard on my Passport and they were shocked.

I wish I worked at AT&T so I could sell these! I've converted three or four friends over from Android and iOS so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:07 PM
    They only had the Classic at the store in my town (Texarkana,texas). The sales guy didn't even know what the Passport was, he said does it go along with the Classic ( I guess he was talking about a real passport) I almost busted out laughing.

Posted via CB10
    NJ1193 and LoneStarRed like this.
    02-20-15 01:20 PM
    They only had the Classic at the store in my town (Texarkana,texas). The sales guy didn't even know what the Passport was, he said does it go along with the Classic ( I guess he was talking about a real passport) I almost busted out laughing.

Posted via CB10
    I'm originally from Texarkana! That sounds like the store there. I went to buy the Z10 on release day at the Summerhill Rd store - the sales rep told me it hadn't been released yet lol

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:24 PM
    I went to my local store in McAllen, TX.
    Both phones were there. Honestly, I didn't like the Passport it is too heavy and doesn't look really nice like my original Passport.
    Therefore I will buy the white Passport for my wife through Shop Blackberry or Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:30 PM
57 123