"They just don't get it". Protest this "Classic" by calling it a "Q20" (Q10 with a track pad).

The "Classic" should be a 9900 updated.

They just launched the PassPort we should get some leaks on the Q20

We know for sure the Q20 is not what we really want, but do we have a choice?

I don't know if I want to give up the fastest typing phone for something else. Do I want to? Do I have to?

Maybe be the next generation Q20 will be a Foxconn version with all the things we love in the 9900.

Till then there is no Classic in my mind.
    09-26-14 10:21 AM
    The only thing I'd be protesting is why I have to wait so long to get my manicured hands on it!

Though I do think there is some merit in rebelling against calling it "Classic". Don't want it to sound antiquated -- especially when BBRY is really pushing the boundaries of mobile communication.

We should call it "Confidence" -- bold statement about the history of our Waterloo fave combined with an optimistic future-facing outlook - built around the IoT and integrated mobile productivity and security.
    09-26-14 11:41 AM
    I agree. Anyone outside of CrackBerry will assume the "Classic" is a BBOS device.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-26-14 11:51 AM
    lol love the thread.... this phone sadly is a classic... it doesn't deserve the name Q20 because this is NO WAY A SUCCESSOR TO THE Q10!

Ahhh Angry~~@�$%$

lol
    allwi and Mr4aces like this.
    09-26-14 11:55 AM
    Guys you haven't even seen it or used it. It's gonna be great and will be my next BB
    donemt and ViaCassian like this.
    09-26-14 12:13 PM
    "They just don't get it". Protest this "Classic" by calling it a "Q20" (Q10 with a track pad).

I don't know if I want to give up the fastest typing phone for something else. Do I want to? Do I have to?

Maybe be the next generation Q20 will be a Foxconn version with all the things we love in the 9900.

i dont think its a fair statement to say "we " dont like it cuz this part of we is waiting for the classic big time i feel no loss for the things missing, i love the leaked pics i could care less about the keyboard being straight. or that its non removable batt esp if its 3100mah. im so ready for bb10 and was just waiting for the toolbelt. i love my 9900 by bring on the classic

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    donemt, sam81 and ViaCassian like this.
    09-26-14 12:29 PM

It is an updated 9900.

Much Bigger screen
    Much bigger keyboard
    Double the cores and processing power
    Almost triple the ram
    8mp camera
    Auto focus
    Better operating system with modern browser
    Programmable Keyboard shortcuts
    Double the app stores
    Modern apps (google maps, what's app, instagram, flipboard)
    Double the battery life.
    Same toolbelt
    Same steel rim
    Hdmi out via slim port
    Mirracast
    N series wifi
    Flash support

oh right. They didn't port over some small feature or two? Burn the BlackBerry witches!!

You bbosers really need to get with the program. You are all missing out on modern day mobile computing because of some misguided pursuit of perfection.

There won't be a "bold sequel" because the bold is done. This is the classic blackberry experience. Adapt like everyone else. Life is better without a removable battery. Think of how nice it is not to have to do battery pulls to use your phone

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:48 PM
    I'm really looking forward to the physical End Call button lol
    09-26-14 02:03 PM
    I just hope that the screen is good. It became a burden with all the scrolling on the q10. It will also be fun to see how much I have missed the toolbelt when this comes out.
    09-26-14 02:58 PM
    I am still looking forward to the BlackBerry Classic

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    donemt and sam81 like this.
    09-26-14 03:36 PM
    I liked the Q, I am gonna love the CLASSIC. Send and end being the greatest buttons ever. Everybody seems to have forgotten that these are phones for calling with.

Posted via CB10
    ViaCassian and sam81 like this.
    09-27-14 07:03 AM
    Also cant wait for the physical end call button

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:32 AM
    The only thing I want from the Classic is the same or close the amount of battery size/life the Passport has... That alone and I'm sold on BB10. I'll drop my iPhone in a heartbeat.
    09-27-14 09:47 AM
    The only thing I want from the Classic is the same or close the amount of battery size/life the Passport has... That alone and I'm sold on BB10. I'll drop my iPhone in a heartbeat.
    Hopefully they end up with that 3100+ battery we were hearing about

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 10:04 AM
    Guys you haven't even seen it or used it. It's gonna be great and will be my next BB
    Wait,

People shouldn't for a negative judgement when they haven't seen it, but it's OK to form a positive one?
    09-27-14 10:19 AM
    The concept of protest seems funny to me but i've NEVER been fond of calling anything new "classic". I believe that the term, in this case, helped foster unrealistic expectations of a genuine 9900 replacement. Expectations that were destined to counter-productively disappoint, eventually. It was, however, pointed out a while back that using two different names for the same device can result in counter-productive confusion as well. That's why i've been referring to the device as a Q20 "Classic" so that there's no confusion as to the device i'm talking about but yet i don't have to feel like a "zombie-bot" parroting sloppily derived nomenclature that shamelessly exploits the image of the single most successful BB to date. The quotes are sufficiently innocuous to the uninitiated to avoid turning off potential newbies but those who "get it" understand what i mean. Pretty easily added to Word Sub.

While the Q20 "Classic" is no direct replacement for the 9900, i don't feel it's intended to be. That can be a GOOD thing for it's intended mission. Several here in the breakroom have concluded (breakroom world fixing, again lol) that Chen is aiming at a much broader market. We're convinced there's some slight market potential in a growing dissatisfaction with glass keyboard devices. We're hypothesizing that Chen's strategy might be to let the PassPort make qwerty cool and then, a few months later, let the Q20 "Classic" make qwerty affordable. ???

To that end, Chen's use of "Classic" might have been intended to telegraph to a few unsatisfied iDroid glass users that this is a NEW device that also sports time proven efficiency of qwerty and toolbelt. The other 9900 features left behind might have been considered too overwhelming for pulling in iDroiders.. ??

As far as transitioning existing 99ers, BB has time on their side. Sooner, or later, 99s will simply get too old. Might take a few years but... what's the hurry? BB will pocket BIS revenues until that that day and then sell a Q20 "Classic" (or better?) to them anyway. If Chen were truly aiming the Q20 "Classic" at 99ers, his re-release of 9900s just months before the new device would seem unintuitive, at best.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-27-14 05:12 PM
    Hopefully they end up with that 3100+ battery we were hearing about

Posted via CB10

I have a 3600mAh REPLACEABLE batt in the 9900 i'm using this minute...
    ViaCassian and Mr4aces like this.
    09-27-14 05:26 PM
    where did u get that i just bought a 2430 mah batt for mine it was the biggest i could find

09-27-14 05:42 PM
    I'll check with our IT guy tomorrow & PM you. Don't wanna hijack the thread. Too bad CB doesn't carry them. Just checked Ebay and found some but their photo visually looks different from what we're using so i can't speak to the quality of the ebay ones. Quality varies a LOT with non-oem stuff. Our testing points to more like 3550mAh for the ones we use. Depending on protocol.

Edit: Oops... won't see the IT guy till Monday. Tonight is my Monday.
    Last edited by idssteve; 09-27-14 at 06:14 PM.
    09-27-14 05:58 PM
    Yup and you likely need to pull it 3 times a day to browse the web

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-27-14 10:16 PM
    The concept of protest seems funny to me but i've NEVER been fond of calling anything new "classic". I believe that the term, in this case, helped foster unrealistic expectations of a genuine 9900 replacement. Expectations that were destined to counter-productively disappoint, eventually. It was, however, pointed out a while back that using two different names for the same device can result in counter-productive confusion as well. That's why i've been referring to the device as a Q20 "Classic" so that there's no confusion as to the device i'm talking about but yet i don't have to feel like a "zombie-bot" parroting sloppily derived nomenclature that shamelessly exploits the image of the single most successful BB to date. The quotes are sufficiently innocuous to the uninitiated to avoid turning off potential newbies but those who "get it" understand what i mean. Pretty easily added to Word Sub.

While the Q20 "Classic" is no direct replacement for the 9900, i don't feel it's intended to be. That can be a GOOD thing for it's intended mission. Several here in the breakroom have concluded (breakroom world fixing, again lol) that Chen is aiming at a much broader market. We're convinced there's some slight market potential in a growing dissatisfaction with glass keyboard devices. We're hypothesizing that Chen's strategy might be to let the PassPort make qwerty cool and then, a few months later, let the Q20 "Classic" make qwerty affordable. ???

To that end, Chen's use of "Classic" might have been intended to telegraph to a few unsatisfied iDroid glass users that this is a NEW device that also sports time proven efficiency of qwerty and toolbelt. The other 9900 features left behind might have been considered too overwhelming for pulling in iDroiders.. ??

As far as transitioning existing 99ers, BB has time on their side. Sooner, or later, 99s will simply get too old. Might take a few years but... what's the hurry? BB will pocket BIS revenues until that that day and then sell a Q20 "Classic" (or better?) to them anyway. If Chen were truly aiming the Q20 "Classic" at 99ers, his re-release of 9900s just months before the new device would seem unintuitive, at best.
    There's no confusion. The toolbelt is back, and so is the classic blackberry UX. It was never meant to promise every little feature would come back nor was it ever called a bold successor. I don't know why all the bbosers keep saying this is a bold successor.

The name classic is being used on this board for unhappy bbosers to vent that their favorite feature isnt back.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-27-14 10:44 PM
    Yup and you likely need to pull it 3 times a day to browse the web

Posted via CB10
    Nope, 3+ days per pull for fresh batt. 5 minutes to 100%. My device is NEVER plugged in. Dunno if the usb port even works anymore. There may be debatable motives supporting the fixed battery config but battery capacity is NOT limited by swappable config. Other than pocket room for the spare.

The memory leak issues you've obviously experienced have been effectively mitigated since later OS7,1 versions. For my use, anyway. No issue with QNX, tho.
    09-28-14 03:54 AM
    . .. I don't know why all the bbosers keep saying this is a bold successor.

Posted via CB10
    Check the first sentence in a previous post on this thread. ,,, "It is an updated 9900". Sound familiar ?? Several other bbos haters have made even stronger claims. Oversell through overstatement inevitably disappoints. I've overstated my share around here as well.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-28-14 04:30 AM
    where did u get that i just bought a 2430 mah batt for mine it was the biggest i could find

Our IT guy's source isn't for us "mere mortals" but google Mugen... Not perfect but the good ones are good!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...200mah-800786/
    09-29-14 07:55 AM

The only way this should be called the "Classic" is if it has the ergonomic (smiley face) keyboard! Otherwise, it's another member of the "Q" family.
    Last edited by Frehley; 10-02-14 at 10:58 AM.
    AllanQuatermain and Mr4aces like this.
    10-01-14 06:06 PM
55 123