Sorry if this has been discussed thoroughly, I did a lot of reading through the first 5 pages of thos forumm and tried to find an answer. I'm in the US and considering upgrading from the Q10 to the Classic when Verizon gets it this month.

What I've found in reading everyone's complaints is that not only isn't the Classic a clear upgrade from the Q10, but it fits people's needs differently. As a Blackberry lover who can't live without a keyboard, and who is sick of the double typing and overheating issues of the Q10, I'm thinking that's enough for me to make the leap. Any input would be welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-18-15 11:17 AM
    What I've found in reading everyone's complaints is that not only isn't the Classic a clear upgrade from the Q10, but it fits people's needs differently. As a Blackberry lover who can't live without a keyboard, and who is sick of the double typing and overheating issues of the Q10, I'm thinking that's enough for me to make the leap. Any input would be welcome.
    Screen: bigger, brighter!
    Keyboard: more comfortable, no widespread double-typing issues!
    Toolbelt!
    In regards to it not being a 'clear upgrade' from the Q10, it is slightly faster than the Q10 because of software optimization, but not much because it has the same hardware - if speed isn't a problem on your Q10 you won't have issues with the classic being underpowered - it's mostly passport users (or users coming from android phones newer than a Q10 who have issues with it being 'slow').
    From what you said in your original post, I think you would probably think the Classic is a worthy upgrade from your Q10.
    Hope this helps!
    02-18-15 11:35 AM
    Screen: bigger, brighter!
    Keyboard: more comfortable, no widespread double-typing issues!
    Toolbelt!
    In regards to it not being a 'clear upgrade' from the Q10, it is slightly faster than the Q10 because of software optimization, but not much because it has the same hardware - if speed isn't a problem on your Q10 you won't have issues with the classic being underpowered - it's mostly passport users (or users coming from android phones newer than a Q10 who have issues with it being 'slow').
    From what you said in your original post, I think you would probably think the Classic is a worthy upgrade from your Q10.
    Hope this helps!
    Great answer, thanks so much. I didn't want to get into specifics of my personal situation and make this post all about me, so I appreciate the answer in general.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-18-15 11:39 AM
    Not sure how anyone can say it's not an upgrade.

It's larger. It has a larger battery. It has a larger screen. It has a larger keyboard. It has more buttons (the toolbelt).

I will be ordering one from Verizon the moment it's available....that is unless I visit an ATT store on Friday to play with a Passport and go that way instead.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-18-15 11:41 AM
    Not sure how anyone can say it's not an upgrade.

It's larger. It has a larger battery. It has a larger screen. It has a larger keyboard. It has more buttons (the toolbelt).

I will be ordering one from Verizon the moment it's available....that is unless I visit an ATT store on Friday to play with a Passport and go that way instead.
    Well the battery is not removable and from what I'm reading, it seems that a heavy user of social media/android apps like myself still won't experience good battery life. Same as the Q10. Also, camera and phone specs dont seem to be an upgrade.

Bigger screen, better keyboard (maybe?) is all I can really find.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:44 PM
    I used the Q10 since release, have switched to the Passport and then switched to the Classic about six weeks ago. IMHO the Classic is an upgrade to the Q10, however not in all terms you usually consider an "upgrade".

The increased screen size is pretty convenient and noticeable. What's more important: The LCD screen is much brighter on the long end and also dimmer on the short end.

Keyboard is another important factor. The keys again are slightly larger, the are better shaped. The new tactile feedback is pretty impressing for a keyboard of such a device. Overall it is IMO more enjoyable to use.

The trackpad and toolbelt are nice to have, although I don't use them as much as I thought. Trackpad is very handy for text editing and one handed use though. Most of the time I navigate my Classic just as I did my Q10.

Battery lasts slightly longer for me, but not really noteworthy. In terms of performance, both devices are identical of course

Posted via CB10
    Macbbq likes this.
    02-18-15 01:45 PM
    Pro: you're going to a Classic.

Cons: none.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-18-15 01:59 PM
    @Djslam, I had d same worries as u too when I first heard of d Classic. Out of pure luck Rogers offered a deal too good to refuse on d Classic. And so 2 days after it was launched I had 1.
    Trust me: imagine d best of what u think of the Q10 + bb9900. That for me it's d Classic. It is d best of both worlds.
    Cons : no so far. Only a lil nuisance because I use the picture password. This I can leave with.
    In totality, the Classic is a benchmark. Mark these words, it will b hard for BlackBerry To beat this.
    A few days after I got my Classic, I posted on these pages that it is d best blackberry ever made. I still stand by those words.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:15 PM
    Well the battery is not removable and from what I'm reading, it seems that a heavy user of social media/android apps like myself still won't experience good battery life. Same as the Q10. Also, camera and phone specs dont seem to be an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    A non removable battery isn't always a bad thing. Usually it's because the battery is larger. You can always buy one of those lipstick shaped chargers and keep it nearby for those moments you run out of power.

If the battery is just the same as the Q10, then regardless of your social media/Android use it will be the same...not a downgrade.

The rest is the same. It's a larger version of Q10 with more buttons.
    02-18-15 02:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I had same trepidation when switching to the Z30 from the Z10, was the jump going to be worth it. For me it certainly was, just for battery alone. I believe the classic uses the same anttena (hard/ sorftware) that the Z30 uses and that alone saves battery life. If you get near the life with the classic as we get with the Z30 you will not care at all about removing the battery, I **** you not.
    02-18-15 02:28 PM
    Using both, a Passport and a Classic, I can make a good comparison. I also owned a Z10, Q10 and tested a Z30 for some weeks.

The Classic is a bit slower than the PP but kind of adjusts over some time. Not as fast as the PP but at least for me this is not impacting the way I use it.

Battery-life cannot be the same but no one really expect this to be. The Classic still has a very good battery and with 10.3.1 it gets me through a long and intensive working day easily. Have to say that I only use a few apps from the Amazon store: TripIt, Pulse, CascaRun

The form factor is a pro for the Classic and this is where I get in troubles. I like the square screen of the PP but like the one-hand use of the Classic.

Being in limbo forever I guess

Comparing with the Q10 I would say it is an upgrade for sure. Less than coming from a Bold but still an upgrade worth the price.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:22 PM
    Used both. Classic is waaay better.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:41 PM
    A non removable battery isn't always a bad thing. Usually it's because the battery is larger. You can always buy one of those lipstick shaped chargers and keep it nearby for those moments you run out of power.

If the battery is just the same as the Q10, then regardless of your social media/Android use it will be the same...not a downgrade.

The rest is the same. It's a larger version of Q10 with more buttons.
    I bought a "lip stick" 2600mAh chargers with my initial purchase from Amazon. It did not work because it just doesn't have enough to power the Classic. I returned it and bought a 10000mAh for under $25 dollars. Works great. Used it yesterday while playing cards for 14 hours. Used 2 leather holsters with a short jumper to the phone. Plug in ear buds and I'm all set w/128mb SD and I have all the music I want.

I had problems with the SanDisk Extreme Pro SD so I had to use a Micro SD.

I'm returning the leather holsters I bought on Ebay the stitching is coming apart on the clip. Ordered a Seidio Surface combo last week for the Classic. Looking for a quality case for the charger. Don't buy a cheap holster, you get what you pay for.

I'm a 9900 die hard but the Classic is "overall" better than the 9900 once you master the device. Yes, there are a few things better on the 99, but with the new beta OS leaks it is getting there.

I still use the 9900 as a spare using WiFi only, but with ATT's new Passport I might get a PP to slowly wean my wife off her Samsung and use it from time to time. If she doesn't like it I will just use it as a 2nd device.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 06:41 PM
    I had the Q10 (Z10 prior) and am in love with the Classic. When u hold it in ur hands, u will feel the difference. The Classic is heftier, gorgeous and a better fit in my hands vs the Q10. The display, being LCD and larger does make a difference. The keyboard feels more Bold 9900 like than the Q10. I love having the toolbelt back too. Forgot how much I missed it.

Posted via Classic
    areyes163 likes this.
    02-18-15 07:53 PM
    I appreciate all of these responses, can't tell you how helpful it's been. I've decided with no hesitation to upgrade to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:13 PM
    Good move. The only con is that you have to pay money to get it. All upside after that
    02-18-15 11:57 PM
    Good move +1. BlackBerry Classic is the best phone (not only BlackBerry) I've used in a long time

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:10 AM
    If your buying it on Amazon check out their cc I got 6 months no interest when I bought the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:53 AM