07-03-14 05:38 PM
30 12
tools
    Haha, only one of my TVs has it built in. I'm using the ASUS dongle and it is fantastic. Easier to carry than a microHDMI cable but not as easy as a micro HDMI adapter

Always great when a BlackBerry saves movie night! Kudos
    07-01-14 11:51 AM
    Haha, only one of my TVs has it built in. I'm using the ASUS dongle and it is fantastic. Easier to carry than a microHDMI cable but not as easy as a micro HDMI adapter

Always great when a BlackBerry saves movie night! Kudos
    Well, I got the cables for like $8 for 3 of them, lol. So it was just an issue of cost and that almost every tv has hdmi in. I know soon there will be more smart tv's among my friends as they become more of the standard...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    07-01-14 12:28 PM
    For all the doubters, I too wondered about bringing back the track pad on a touch screen BlackBerry 10 device...

HOWEVER ...the obvious use for a track pad came to me last night....

I had my Z10 plugged into a hdmi port into a 38" screen and was using the BBC app/ Web page...i had to keep looking back at my phone to select stuff on the Web page by touch.

With a track pad, and the HDMI plugged into the Classic, I could've navigated the website I suppose WITHOUT looking down at my phone and defeating the object of plugging in to a big screen.

Also consider those doing a presentation from their phone and wanting to use the cursor to highlight stuff...remember BlackBerry Bridge with the Playbook?? I guess it'll work like that almost, using the smaller device as a navigation for the big screen however in this case it'll be a track pad.

I use Salesforce on my Z10 and sometimes plug it into a big screen for ease of use...i sit far away from the screen on a long HDMI cable... Essentially the cursor would be useful for navigation so I didn't have to keep looking at the mini screen but could just put my thumb on the track pad and watch the large screen...i expect Q10 users have this problem too.

Plus the obvious use of cursor movement during typing.

It's a means to an end I suppose and when you actually think about it, it is clever.

Think business users and practical use and the options it opens up..as mentioned,finger print scanner, cursor movement, presentation usage, navigation...

Another cool addition I hope the 1:1 aspect phones would have is an intuitive HDMI display that could say for example, output movies or screens to 16:9 if required....its no good having HDMI output if it then only shows 1:1 also.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10...

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10...

Have you tried pairing a mouse to your phone. That could really come in handy if you sit far from your phone. This way the wire isn't causing stress on the phones port.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-02-14 07:02 PM
    Hi, no not tried that to be honest but then not long had my HDMI cable.

How do you pair a mouse?

You can buy a Mirror cast type adaptor I believe...by Belkin I think or Plantronics perhaps...

Plug one part to the HDMI port on the TV and then the Z30 for example will work...out 30 here.

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    07-03-14 01:28 AM
    The biggest advantage in my opinion is that it should greatly reduce the learning curve for OS 10. Hopefully that will bring all those legacy hold outs over.
    Giro_UK likes this.
    07-03-14 05:38 PM
30 12