You can try and ding touchscreens all you like, but my sister in law didn't get where she is by making mistakes. Her clients are corporations that prefer their documentation to be ironclad, and that's what she delivers.
    Hey, we're not dinging the iPhone. It is unexcelled for taking stunning pictures of your cool new jeans (or of your lunch) for instant mass distribution -- a great contribution to mankind. A sturdy thing, it is also superb for leveling wobbly tables in sidewalk cafes. And in a pinch, you could even use it for writing contracts at the beach where sand could be an issue for a device with real keys. This is important because there's a lot of legal document preparation for demanding corporations that gets done on a beach blanket.

This is where being modern is important. The worst trap you can fall into when you're doing serious legal writing on the beach is to be "stuck in the Stone Age". So it's worth the extra effort it takes to write on your table-leveler/lunch camera.

It's all about being cool and in, and avoiding at all costs appearing old and out. Perhaps this is an easier proposition for the fashion-conscious distaff side with their dainty thumbs. Mine are like spatulas.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 11:53 PM
    It seems that this thread has gotten into the argument stage, if it's better/faster to type on a pkb or a vkb. To that I will say to each their own. I personally hate typing on glass, I find it annoying and I make far to many mistakes. With that said I don't have to force others to type with a pkb if they are happy to use a vkb. Live and let live is most appropriate here, it's only a matter of opinions not facts.

Posted via CB10
    outlawglamour likes this.
    07-10-16 01:20 AM
    You can try and ding touchscreens all you like, but my sister in law didn't get where she is by making mistakes. Her clients are corporations that prefer their documentation to be ironclad, and that's what she delivers.
    More exception than the rule. Read my text conversations with... anyone. You'll see typo after typo after autocorrect fail in all of them. These are pretty much all college graduates, most in successful careers, most are professionals. And I actually did say that if she's diligent she would go back and correct any mistakes she might have made along the way...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Hans im Glueck likes this.
    07-10-16 02:38 AM
    It seems that this thread has gotten into the argument stage, if it's better/faster to type on a pkb or a vkb. To that I will say to each their own. I personally hate typing on glass, I find it annoying and I make far to many mistakes. With that said I don't have to force others to type with a pkb if they are happy to use a vkb. Live and let live is most appropriate here, it's only a matter of opinions not facts.

Posted via CB10
    People often ask me for advice on phones and I rarely recommend BB. It works for me because I am a perfectionist and I think I would be wasting too much time backtracking and correcting mistakes if I'm on an all-touch glass slab (I use one every day for work, so I'm familiar with the form factor) as my personal device. And I also value being able to reply to texts while walking while still being aware of my surroundings because the physical keys allow me to type without even looking at my phone. But not everyone will have the same priorities as I do. Most people care more about consumption of media, and BB simply isn't the best at that. So if the person asking me for advice doesn't tell me that a pkb is required and that he/she doesn't care about using all of the "cool" apps out there, I would usually recommend iPhone or Android depending on how "nerdtastic" they want to be or if they are already invested in itunes or whatever the case may be... I don't care to try to convince others to be like me. But I think it's hilarious when these "newer has to be better for everyone" people start making comments about how people like us are "stuck in the stone age" simply because we are sticking with what works for us rather than jumping onto whatever cool bandwagon rolls by...

Hans im Glueck and Avenzuno like this.
    07-10-16 02:49 AM
    More exception than the rule. Read my text conversations with... anyone. You'll see typo after typo after autocorrect fail in all of them. These are pretty much all college graduates, most in successful careers, most are professionals. And I actually did say that if she's diligent she would go back and correct any mistakes she might have made along the way...

Actually, it's the norm. People have been posting and typing on glass slabs for quote some time without having to make corrections, just as there are people using keyboard devices that can't type to save their lives. It's not the device, it's the user.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-10-16 03:00 AM
    People often ask me for advice on phones and I rarely recommend BB. It works for me because I am a perfectionist and I think I would be wasting too much time backtracking and correcting mistakes if I'm on an all-touch glass slab (I use one every day for work, so I'm familiar with the form factor) as my personal device. And I also value being able to reply to texts while walking while still being aware of my surroundings because the physical keys allow me to type without even looking at my phone. But not everyone will have the same priorities as I do. Most people care more about consumption of media, and BB simply isn't the best at that. So if the person asking me for advice doesn't tell me that a pkb is required and that he/she doesn't care about using all of the "cool" apps out there, I would usually recommend iPhone or Android depending on how "nerdtastic" they want to be or if they are already invested in itunes or whatever the case may be... I don't care to try to convince others to be like me. But I think it's hilarious when these "newer has to be better for everyone" people start making comments about how people like us are "stuck in the stone age" simply because we are sticking with what works for us rather than jumping onto whatever cool bandwagon rolls by...

Should have hit the multi-quote button but I'm sleepy. The "stuck in the stone age" comment was referring to people refusing to believe that just because someone uses something other than what they themselves use that it can't be better. Everyone is different. I personally like having the whole screen to view CrackBerry and other sites and having the keyboard out of sight unless I decide to use it. This is better than having a keyboard because I like it that way. You prefer having a permanent keyboard that allows you to walk while typing. This is better than having a full touchscreen because you like it that way. Crackberry has evolved to include devices of all shapes and sizes, ergo people not wanting to acknowledge that just may be stuck in the past.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    07-10-16 03:08 AM
    Some of the responses to my post have solidified my comment. Some people (because of their individual viewpoint, experience, etc.) cannot believe that any other person can be productive on a different platform even though it happens throughout the world every day. No one is disputing the accuracy of typing on a PKB (one variable). It is overall productivity we are talking about. Stone Age thinking at its best.
    07-10-16 06:50 AM
    Stone Age thinking at its best.
    You guys keep using that expression and I'm pretty sure that's what is throwing many people off-topic and causes defenses to be put up.

First of all, you are in a thread discussing the end of production for the Classic, in which BlackBerry themselves saying that they are ending the production (and sounds like more or less the design) to make way for "new and better." You can see how a Classic user could be a bit touchy when you mention 'living in the stone age' after already suffering a blow like this.

Secondly, it sounds to me (and it took a while for me to realize what you meant) as if you are referring to people thinking that 'their way must be the best way' as Stone Age thinking. I find this to be a confusing way to describe it because it is a very common way for people to think CURRENTLY. Someone who still uses a "car-phone" wired into their console or a pager could be described as living in the stone age. Someone who thinks that everyone else is wrong to think differently than they do is just a common moron.
    Hans im Glueck likes this.
    07-10-16 07:06 AM
    [WARN]We've lost both the topic and civility in this discussion. Accept that people can use various styles of product just as effectively. I'm closing this thread.

Let me make this extremely clear...
    If you choose to find another thread, and insult others for their choices, there will be consequences. [/WARN]
    07-10-16 07:07 AM
109 ... 345