Let's raise our glasses for the Classic! I've only had Cobalt Blue one for six months, but it's already become my go-to communication device. I just put my beloved Z30 into hibernation in favor of a new white Q10. While I like the Q10 so far mainly for longevity with its easily replaceable battery, I find myself clicking where the toolbelt ought to be, and unlike the Z30 where I know no PKB is present, I don't like to swipe up as part of my necessary BB10 experience on my Q10! Long live the Classic!

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-05-16 05:09 PM
    Sad day when my classic dies I hope there are a few left to purchase. I wish it had a replaceable battery I would buy one today.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-05-16 05:52 PM
    Sad day when my classic dies I hope there are a few left to purchase. I wish it had a replaceable battery I would buy one today.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

I have been talking to local repair shops about the potential charges associated with replacing batteries and keyboards. From my basic conversations with them it does appear to be an easy fix and slightly more expensive than buying the battery itself.

This being said, when the battery does indeed die after a while, wouldn't a new battery be just as good?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:07 PM
    Has BB announced which phones are still in production now?
    07-05-16 07:15 PM
    Has BB announced which phones are still in production now?
    Yeah, I'd like to know also. One needs to plan and know what might available if my current Classic dies.
    07-05-16 08:06 PM
    Yeah, I'd like to know also. One needs to plan and know what might available if my current Classic dies.

My personal opinion is that the last BlackBerry 10 device to be made will be the Classic. The most recent launched phone was the Silver Passport and that was launched almost a year ago. They might have made one production run but that was probably about it.

The Classic was a strong selling device all things considered so I suspect they continued to make them up until recently. I suspect whatever BlackBerry has in its channels and inventory is what's left for devices. Once those are gone it will be down to Amazon, Ebay and the used market.

Might be a good idea over the next little while to watch CB for any sales or news on discounts and buy a new Classic for the long haul. Prices on used models in my area are around $300 or so Canadian.

Other option is the CB market place for used devices at decent deals. All the best. This is just speculation but I don't see too much more stock being produced. Nothing other than the Classic sold in very high numbers. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:44 PM
    I actually agree here. Because the Classic is a crappy phone spec-wise compared to most other smartphones, it encourages me from not using it so much and actually connecting with real people! Funny how that is. The Passport encourages me to use it too much to waste time, unfortunately, plus it makes my neck hurt more too lol.

Posted via CB10
    Classic is the best blackberrish device u can have minus the lag...

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-06-16 02:08 AM
    Sad to hear about the stopping of production on the classic

Posted from my Passport
    07-06-16 04:50 AM
    My favorite BlackBerry after the 9900 .
    Soapm likes this.
    07-06-16 06:00 AM
    Changing the battery is covered by a youtube video. I think it's called the "teardown" where the whole phone is taken apart.

Getting the battery out is fairly easy. As long as you do it slowly and gentle. Don't force the back off.... as the back unclips and has glue at the top and bottom - so you have to prise it off gently. I used tweasers.

You then have to get the battery out - the video I saw made it look
    like the glue just pulls away - I had no such luck! I had to bend the battery out at one edge with a credit card as my tool and then prise it gently off the phone pulling it gently from the glue.

I was having the battery run flat overnight - now I have changed it - it runs as new. My phone was 18 months old. I noticed battery problems around month 12 and I attempted a warranty claim but their "support" was useless.

I also had to change the usb port as it was failing to charge properly.... I'd find it kept saying "use the charger supplied" or show a dead battery sign when charging..... changing this meant pulling the circuit board away from the front of the phone - due to the delicate connections on that board I would not recommend doing this unless your phone is definitely in need of this job. My phone just survived being put back together after a lot of problems.
    07-06-16 08:44 AM
    We need Trump now more than ever so he can make BlackBerry great again.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    07-06-16 10:35 AM
    We need Trump now more than ever so he can make BlackBerry great again.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Build a wall and make Mexico 6 pay for it!
    kertong likes this.
    07-06-16 11:49 AM
    Imo maybe the rome/mercury is on its way to replace that iconic keyboard. The legacy BlackBerry pkb with android marshmallow. Welcome to 2017.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 03:03 PM
    There is no such thing as "old technology" or "new technology"; there is only right technology -- the right tool for the job. That is what the Classic is that all the other phones are not. Classic users are precisely the people who, wisely, have no interest in change for the sake of change. When you need a hammer, or a stapler -- that's what you need; you don't need some "better", newer technology that is only "better" in someone else's opinion. But if you do need a hammer or a stapler, just try to make your own, or use something else to do the job when there's none around. That is the iPhone/Android experience for the person who needs a Classic.

And that is the key and the only important point, and the one that BlackBerry seems to have lost here. There is nothing else to do serious mobile writing with because no matter what people may claim -- you can barely write an intelligible sentence, much less whip off whole documents, on an iPhone, or manage e-mail efficiently on a Galaxy. Those phones and those like them are first and foremost cameras and game consoles with provision for writing anything beyond "# LOL" being purely an afterthought.

I would have paid $1000 or $1500 for my Classic 2 if that had been the price because I'm giving you my money for the RIGHT tool, not your LATEST tool.

Unless BlackBerry reverses this stupid decision, this will be my last smartphone and I guess I'll be switching to some kind of small notebook, thereby going backwards -- carrying around a thing four times the size of my Classic.

BlackBerry: It's not about volume sales to kids who want "apps". I have money -- I would have paid you double or triple if necessary for a new Classic so that you could have made your money with fewer units sold.

Way to go: Now you get $0.

Posted via CB10
    conbrio29, acovey, Q10Bold and 1 others like this.
    07-06-16 03:09 PM
    WOW...............I am shocked.............................just about 8 months behind!!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-06-16 03:37 PM
    Build a wall and make Mexico 6 pay for it!
    No build a wall to keep all the OS 10 users from jumping ship....................WOOF!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-06-16 03:38 PM
    Let's raise our glasses for the Classic! I've only had Cobalt Blue one for six months, but it's already become my go-to communication device. I just put my beloved Z30 into hibernation in favor of a new white Q10. While I like the Q10 so far mainly for longevity with its easily replaceable battery, I find myself clicking where the toolbelt ought to be, and unlike the Z30 where I know no PKB is present, I don't like to swipe up as part of my necessary BB10 experience on my Q10! Long live the Classic!

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    Here I am to save the day!!!!......................BlackBerry Classic
    Avenzuno and IndianTiwari like this.
    07-06-16 03:40 PM
    Welp time to start buying them in bulk.
    07-06-16 04:00 PM
    It is a shame but I still believe in bb10 I've been using my since it came out, the classic is also a great handset too bad their dying off.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and acovey like this.
    07-06-16 04:03 PM
    Very disappointing , sometimes I wonder if it's worth being so dedicated to Blackberry.
    acovey likes this.
    07-06-16 04:05 PM
    No build a wall to keep all the OS 10 users from jumping ship....................WOOF!
    A1 and another classic user to help those not to jump

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 04:06 PM
    Planning to order another classic to have as backup.

Posted via CB10
    I'm tempted, but at the same time I've also been tempted to fish my Bold Touch back out and just start using it again, and just pair a cheap android phone with it.
    07-06-16 04:56 PM
    Is is a good idea to buy a new Classic now?
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-06-16 05:42 PM
    Changing the battery is covered by a youtube video. I think it's called the "teardown" where the whole phone is taken apart.
    Is it really that easy? Please provide a link to the YouTube video. Thanks!
    07-06-16 05:52 PM
    Is is a good idea to buy a new Classic now?
    Yes, if you want a nice PKB BB10 user experience without having to hold the device with two hands. Though it doesn't have the Q10's replaceable battery, the Classic has a better keyboard, bigger screen, and perhaps most importantly, the toolbelt. Better to buy one now before new Classics become scarce and prices rise.
    supertofana likes this.
    07-06-16 05:56 PM
109 1234 ...