Just got a new Verizon Classic and have been problems texting when I do not have a network connection, like when I am in the basement or in the subway. What happens is the texts hang and when I regain connection the texts continue to hang. Any new texts sent at this point also hang and resending any of the unsent texts does not work, they continue to hang. Only after I reboot the phone can I again text and have them go through and resend the ones that did not go through previously and have them delivered succesfully.

Any ideas what this could be or how to fix it?
    09-12-15 09:05 PM
    i don't think that's normal it should send and receive text,email etc on signal gain
    it can be an app that your using that's causing that
    i would try to reload os ,sec wipe and don't restore or transfer anything from a old phone ,if you still have the same issue after take it back and replace it under warranty
    09-12-15 11:56 PM
    I had a similar problem and swapped out the sim card. It worked fine after that.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 12:19 AM
    I had a similar problem and swapped out the sim card. It worked fine after that.

Posted via CB10
    That's good to know! I requested a new SIM from Verizon, but they need my employer to approve it before sending me one. Kinda sucks, because with AT+T they would do this for me at the local service centers, without any involvement from my company.

EDIT - just convinced Verizon Tech support to mail me a SIM card. Will have it Tuesday.
    Last edited by Baritone Astoria; 09-13-15 at 07:38 AM. Reason: fixed wording
    09-13-15 06:16 AM
    Happenns to me occasionally iin steel buildings such as factories but not often as I usually staay above ground.
    I hope your new SIM does the trick though! Update us!

Double typin' classicly
    09-13-15 09:09 AM
    Will do, thanks!
    09-13-15 09:11 AM