I was trying to install Advanced Task Killer ATK (from Google Play Store) on my BB Classic and when I hit the install button, I get unable to install this app message.

I installed the Google Play Store as per Cobalt's instructions and it all works fine. By that I mean I installed Google Maps and it works fine.

I also download an app called App Ops from Google Play Store, which is also a Task Manager and that works fine also.

Do I have to patch ATK to get it to work or do I need to find an older version. The version I have is v1.0.1.216.

Been reading lots of threads about how OS 10.3.x, which is based on android 4.3, does not allow installed android apps from having their permissions changed (eg location access, access to contacts, etc) so am resorting to using some kind of App Manager to kill apps when they are not in use.

I currently use the Force Stop button within App Ops to kill android apps and thought there might be a more 'elegant' way to do this.

Any info much appreciated

11-24-17 10:53 AM
    I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of this app right from Play Market, and, you know... it works. Classic, 10.3.3. Nothing to patch, app is very simple, no google services needed, as well as no permissions.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 03:53 PM
    Thanks for your reply arfeo.

Bizarre that I am having issues. I am also running 10.3.3.x.

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions please let me know

11-25-17 02:43 AM