I bought my Classic on the 23rd of March, 2015 and right out of the box, the 'p' key didn't feel too good and felt different compared to all the other. This lacked travel too and it isn't very click-y either. Having said that, it hasn't given me any problems of double-typing or anything else but should I be concerned? Should I replace my Classic under the warranty?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:42 PM
    If you're not happy with the device I would recommend seeking either an exchange or replacement under warranty, whatever option you have available to you. The last thing you want is to be stuck with a device that has an issue down the road as it'll affect your overall satisfaction when it comes to using it on a daily basis.
    04-03-15 07:49 PM
    Yes replace the phone with your warranty.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:38 PM
    I bought one yesterday and noticed right away that the Q key felt different than the rest. It was stiff and didn't really "click". The lady at Virgin told me I had 14 days to return the device if there were any hardware issues, ie. I wasn't happy with the keyboard feel, so I figured I would take the logical approach - brute force - while I had this time window. I basically just mashed the button down with my thumb and wiggled it around. Did this once, for maybe 5 seconds, and whatever issue was there is now gone, feels great like the rest of the keys.

Hope that helps!
    04-05-15 11:29 AM
    The same happens to me with some letters even with toolbelt, and suddenly gone...I'm almost sure that is dirty or some kind of dust...

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 11:33 AM
    I figure it was just a tiny manufacturing tolerance thing, tiny imperfection underneath somewhere. My 9900 had a couple keys that seemed to sit higher than the rest when I first got it, and after less than a week of regular typing it had broken in and was perfect.
    04-05-15 12:09 PM