02-23-17 06:19 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    My quick comparison: Classic is great to hold with one hand and the PKB is world class. But due to its slider mechanism, the Priv's PKB has shorter keys and is more awkward to use, IMO. I've noticed my Classic lagging, so I'd have to guess the best overall experience would be with the Priv. That said, I'm holding out for Mercury as my Classic successor.
    01-10-17 10:11 AM
    My quick comparison: Classic is great to hold with one hand and the PKB is world class. But due to its slider mechanism, the Priv's PKB has shorter keys and is more awkward to use, IMO. I've noticed my Classic lagging, so I'd have to guess the best overall experience would be with the Priv. That said, I'm holding out for Mercury as my Classic successor.
    I'm actually giving the Priv another couple days before I consider selling. Since like your said they Classic is probably more sluggish now. Considering I got the Priv on a bargain, I shouldn't really be complaining.
    01-10-17 04:54 PM
    I like all the BlackBerry phones except the storm but I use both Classic and priv
    01-13-17 11:10 AM
    Had a Priv for 2 weeks. It was an upgrade from a Z30. Took it back because I couldn't stand the android operating system. Got a classic wanted OS 10 back.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 12:23 PM
    If I could get a priv cheap I might be tempted. But the thing is the Classic's keyboard is so nice, and I've heard mixed reviews on the priv. The keyboard is really important to me. I don't know what I'll do when the day comes I can't use my Classic anymore.

Posted via CB10
    That's true! The keyboard of Classic is on my opinion - best keyboard ever on an BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 03:25 PM
    Blackberry user for over 10 years now, I have a Classic and a PRIV as I really need/like PKB. Classic was my first choice after a torch and 9900. Classic is my preferred one because it suits all my needs ... very good keyboard, has a mouse pointer which is a must for selecting text, trackpad is everything except useless , true OS, Simply working and professional, native flac support, with a little more battery capacity would be paradise.

I wanted to test a PRIV (nostalgia of my torch device) but for me it was a true deception. PRIV is a good device and PKB is good too (not as the classic one) but the problem is the Android OS ... a shame (I'm just an an IT professional Win,*nix, mac and not afraid about using them .... but android is just a joke ... A considerable loss of time). At first startup I had the impression of having a jukebox instead of a phone ... at each action ... a sound or a vibration. I bought a phone with 1.6Gb OS without anything local .... always google asking me to log on ... no local calendar, impossible to open documents ... totally useless .... without Google & Co. or installing third applications to perform things which are native on BB OS 10. Once you have disabled all Google applications which required and ask you to connect ( or not ) what remains ? Did you try to select text as a part of a sentence on Android .... A game of assholes ! I would not talk about options ... there are everywhere from anywhere there is more options than usable software on it ... 1.6gb of Options ! Lifetime of the battery is less than the Classic one due to Android. ... PRIV with OS 10 is a wish but will remain a dream !

Now ... why I have choosed an Android phone .... I do not have choosed an Android phone just a Blackberry with a PKB

PRIV is a really good alarm clock to not forget the morning rise
    This is just my personal point of view

Kind regards
    Moo
    Last edited by moocan; 02-23-17 at 10:25 AM.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    02-23-17 09:59 AM
    You're an IT Professional but don't like Android? It's open source and based on *nix kernel?

Android has native apps for doc files and pdfs etc. And vibrations or sounds on click or touch can be easily turned off in the language and input options...

90% of your issues can be resolved within 5 mins of customisation of settings to suit your needs.

I agree that selecting text on android is bad. iOS has seriously won that battle. I suggest you customise your Priv some no and you might start enjoying it much more!
    02-23-17 06:19 PM
82 ... 234