02-23-17 06:19 PM
82 1234
tools
    First post on Snap should be enough. It's really easy and works well once installed. Gets me the 4 or 5 Android apps I want.

Posted via CB10 with my Classic
    Lefty724 likes this.
    03-31-16 08:25 PM
    First post on Snap should be enough. It's really easy and works well once installed. Gets me the 4 or 5 Android apps I want.

Great. Thanks!

Um, I'm so new to this, can you please explain to me what "First post on Snap" refers to?

Thanks again!
    03-31-16 08:27 PM
    That looks really cool... although the fact that its' so intense and actually includes literally over 100 pages of comments, questions and detailed guidance is a bit daunting to a basic business user like me who needs things to at least continue to work at all times and barely has time to do this let alone learn it let alone troubleshoot and fix it.

Man, I'm left with fantasizing about a PRIV form factor with the Classic keyboard, a trackpad, the BB10 efficiency and access to Android apps.

I actually want to believe that at the very least it's realistic for BB to somehow manage to incorporate more of the best of BB10 efficiency into a PRIV style phone. (I have no idea why so many people talk about not using the PK -- do they not know that a good PK is just plain more reliable and therefore more efficient for doing a lot of typing, or are they just not the kind of business users that need to use it for a lot of typing?)

Okay, well, there I go wishing and speculating and having little hope that the current PRIV will do much for me, or that the Classic can run my key Android apps without my becoming very dedicated to the learning and implementation process.

Unless you really feel that just following the instructions in the first post at that link is highly likely to provide all the results that I'm after, right away.

Reading 100 pages of posts to find the few additional things that might be pretty necessary for tweaking or polishing it up is a huge undertaking.

Thanks!
    No need to read hundreds of pages. The original post gets edited constantly with updates based on questions and suggestions. Last updated March 19, 2016. Everything you need is in that the first post. And stop limiting yourself and your brain. You can do this! And once you've done it, you'll feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. Besides it's **** easy. You literally download 3 files, put them on your phone and then tap on them to install them. What could be easier? You just have to pay attention to the sequence.
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-31-16 08:57 PM
    Well I hope the classic is running better than my z30 seems to be. I love that phone but the lag, and browser crashing was just getting to me. I really wish BlackBerry had been able to make bb10 pay. It is just great when everything is working right. I was running into too many Web sites that wouldn't work, videos that wouldn't play etc. I don't mind using the mobile website over an app but dadgummit it's gotta work. So with that said, and based solely on the fact that bb10 just wasn't doing what I needed consistently, I gotta say priv

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-31-16 10:30 PM
    I simply can't choose one..Just bought priv but I still think classic is the most beautiful phone ever made(at least by bb). But the spec-man, and BlackBerry oS... don't get me wrong it's very sophisticated and intuitive os but lack of apps and the fact it can't run some of essential apps crucial to my daily life and to make matters worse, no fb, whatsapp and apparently no more support by BlackBerry itself.. it was the last straw that broke my back. So as of now, even though i'm not 100 happy w priv's design(it's gorgeous but too big since I have petite hands and slides are just not my thing if u know what i'm talking abt)i'm sticking w priv. Think someone like me will find vienna as the ultimate answer if it comes out w android+ round corners.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 04:30 AM
    I can't choose between the 2 too that's why I have both of them! :P
    04-01-16 04:36 AM
    Great. Thanks!

Um, I'm so new to this, can you please explain to me what "First post on Snap" refers to?

Thanks again!
    My mistake. I was referring to this app:
    Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post12347367

which I thought your post was about. But it looks like Snap may no longer be receiving ongoing maintenance (Dev moved on to iOS). So while Snap still works for me, I think I'm going to look into Cobalt's method.
    04-01-16 09:20 AM
    Priv - Android slab
    Classic a true BB10 .
    04-01-16 09:28 AM
    The Classic keyboard is unmatched by any BB10 device, all it needs is updated internals in the next iteration! If ever!

J Be....Here But Gone...
    04-01-16 09:54 AM
    I just got the Priv on Tuesday. I was back on my Classic on Thursday and boxed the Priv up for later.

I have to mentally prepare for using the Priv again. Lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    04-02-16 11:23 AM
    I just got the Priv on Tuesday. I was back on my Classic on Thursday and boxed the Priv up for later.

Care to elaborate. At least a little?
    04-02-16 03:54 PM
    Went from a Q10 to a Priv to a Classic. While Priv is an excellent looking device, it is not practical for my needs. Classic is just right. I'm thankful.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 04:29 PM

LOL
    04-03-16 06:50 PM
    Just as an interesting observation, on the Verizon website the PRIV has a higher user rating than the Classic. The PRIV has 4.8 out of 5 stars with about 50 reviews, and the Classic has 4.6 out of 5 start with about 250 reviews. As I said, it's just an interesting observation.

I went into the Verizon store and played with a PRIV and the only issue I can see is that the size will make it inconvenient for carrying and one-handed operation. I'm sure I'd get used to the PK. (I can't live without a PK. I wouldn't even try.) It's not as luxurious as the one on my Classic but I'm sure it it's "good enough" since it is, after all, a flagship BB device. Going from inside an app to the list of open apps is not all that daunting and for basic usage it doesn't seem that terribly less efficient than BB10 for navigation based on playing with it in a cursory fashion. And size seems relative. I feel I could manage one-handed operation and I have average sized hands at best, and that size is obviously a consequence of it providing a lot more screen real estate, which I imagine might actually add up to some time savings in the long run.

I'm just sayin... Just still feeling my way here...
    04-03-16 11:36 PM
    In the two weeks I had a PRIV, I never slid the PKB out and typed one handed. One handed operation is definitely a Classic advantage.

04-04-16 07:48 AM
    In the two weeks I had a PRIV, I never slid the PKB out and typed one handed. One handed operation is definitely a Classic advantage.

I know. Same for me, too -- typing one-handed on the PRIV would definitely be a stretch.

And I do a lot of one-handed typing with the Classic (including a lot more in the car than I should).
    04-04-16 09:32 AM

Classically said. :-)

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    04-04-16 03:17 PM
    You can't compare a bike with a car....

J Be....Here But Gone...
    04-04-16 08:38 PM
    You can't compare a bike with a car....

J Be....Here But Gone...
    I hate to admit it but I'm starting to get it. I noticed today, for instance, that I'm habituated to be sliding my thumb this way and that on the Classic screen to see the hub or anything else I want to see at a glance -- which alone is clearly far more efficient as a productivity tool for a busy businessperson compared to Android. And I went back into the store and played with a PRIV a bit more, and it's clearly not going to work for one-handed operation (well, it will as long as my needs are limited to the PK and the lower half of the screen, but even just going to speakerphone or mute on a call requires the other hand to hit the top of the screen and that's just what I noticed as a blatant issue right out of the gate).

So, I'm busy fantasizing that this partnership between BB and Google/Android is a first date that will lead to BB being able to somehow manage to come out with a phone that has full Android app support/integration while running the next version beyond BB10. One has to hope.
    04-05-16 12:04 AM
    I want a Perv so bad! I mean a Priv. Right now I have a classic, love it for simplicity.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 05:04 PM
    Just fired up my Classic today after the past year on my Passport SE.......what a joy. Absolutely LOVE my Passport! It's the absolutely best BlackBerry I've ever owned. BUT, having a smaller device while at work (constant use!) and having the beloved toolbelt has been really, really nice.

As far as the Priv, I gave one a good run for a month. Cool phone, but I just couldn't stand the os.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    04-05-16 05:28 PM
    Over the Priv I'd take the Classic, but I prefer a 9900 over both...

If only they'd make a 9900 run on Android???
    idssteve likes this.
    04-05-16 06:02 PM
    BB priv is great and I love it. But Blackberry classic is the best and always the greatest
    04-06-16 01:07 AM
    Simple: Priv apps
    Classic productivity

If you want apps and productivity, I'd go with a classic and an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-06-16 03:01 AM
    Classic
    04-07-16 06:28 PM
82 1234