03-21-16 03:36 PM
    Q10

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 04:00 PM
    I can't believe it's not butter!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-21-16 04:04 PM
    I love my Classic... That's my daily driver... Also using the Priv on line 2... I say BOTH together are an amazing combo, BUT, if forced to downsize to just one device, I'd drop the Priv in a heartbeat and roll with just my Classic...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 04:06 PM
    I got a PRIV 2 weeks ago. Trying to convince myself it's not too big and obnoxious. But today I realized it's as big as the iPhone 6 plus. Ugh. Great when sitting at my desk or sofa, not so great in my pocket. Love that any app I want works, but realized I have 90% of the apps I want on my Classic. And I'm really missing my Classic keyboard. Thinking of sending the PRIV back and going back to my Classic.
    03-21-16 05:29 PM
    I would get a Passport SE instead of both

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 05:31 PM
    I would get a Passport SE instead of both

Posted via CB10
    No thank you... Passport SE is sexy, don't get me wrong... But awkward to use as a daily driver... Not nearly as compact as I'd require and the keyboard is less than comfortable... As far as form factor on a 'modern' phone goes, the Classic is unbeatable...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 05:33 PM
    No thank you... Passport SE is sexy, don't get me wrong... But awkward to use as a daily driver... Not nearly as compact as I'd require and the keyboard is less than comfortable... As far as form factor on a 'modern' phone goes, the Classic is unbeatable...

Posted via CB10
    yep, agree - had a passport se, went to a priv, back to the passport se, and now on a classic. still have my ppse and tried to go back to it several times, but after marveling at the big beautiful screen for 30 minutes, I start missing the toolbelt, trackpad, keyboard, and ability to launch the camera from the lock screen with one hand, and go right back to the classic.

I also have wireless charging on my classic which is surprisingly hard to let go for such a small convenience..

Posted via CB10
    Soapm, bh7171 and anon(9697770) like this.
    03-21-16 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I too agree. Had a Passport and ditched it for a Classic (via a Q10).

In comparison with the Priv, I'd still choose the Classic. I just love the form factor and the most important part, BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Soapm likes this.
    03-22-16 07:45 AM
    One day back on my Classic and I'm in love again. The keyboard feels so solid and plush. Classic actually works better with my car"s bluetooth compared to PRIV (more on-screen options for music player, auto-connects and starts playing music where I left off). Fits in my pocket just right. Don't mind tossing it down on the table (no kid-gloves here). And I actually like the layouts of the native apps more than any of the Android versions I downloaded for my PRIV. #bb4life
    bh7171 and J_Apryono like this.
    03-22-16 11:49 AM
    I use both as daily drivers. The classic is unbeatable for emails and the hub. Even though the Priv has the hub...it's not as close as I'd like. Thinking of returning the Priv to work and using my Nexus 6P again. The apps are good, but I think size, functionality, and call quality is better on the classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 12:10 PM
    Why did I find this thread?

Was really prepared to gradually warm up to the PRIV and let it replace my Classic as my daily driver -- but all the primary considerations mentioned above are the key factors for me as well.

I guess I'll have to make the PRIV my secondary (replacing the Z30 that I very rarely use). It will be odd having to carry around two phones in order to have my Android apps when needed (like Evernote for Business), but I'm not anxious to lose that much of the efficiency of BB10, and the amazing PK on the Classic, and the toolbelt... (keyboard as trackpad on PRIV seems nice but is significantly limited compared to what the trackpad on the Classic can do, and even editing text when typing a message requires first using the touchscreen to manually place the cursor in the text area before one is able to use the PK as a trackpad to move the cursor around in the text -- which is not required with the Classic).
    03-31-16 03:06 AM
    I am loving the Classic more every day. With just a tad better specs, it would be even better.
    03-31-16 06:55 AM
    My wife has the Priv and it works great for her. I have used hers a few time. I am just pro classic all the way. I have to slide up to get PKB? then I just don't like the PKB as much as the classics. Seriously the classics keyboard game is super strong. The best keyboard on a phone I have ever used. The only ones I can compare it to was the BB curve I had back in the day but this one way outdoes that. Then there is BB blend... I don't know why blend isn't more popular but damn Blend is amazing. Also trackpad people.... they just haven't come out with anything in my opinion that is as good. I like the whole use the Keyboard as trackpad thing in theory but I rest my thumbs on the keyboard so I don't want to be swiping around all the time by accident. Then there is BB10 honestly android has got nothing over BB10 it's so sleak and efficient in it's use of resources, screen real estate, and gestures that I really cannot get into android anymore. If you patch full google play store there really isn't much of a reason that I could see someone needing android unless they are super tied into google services. Then there is design esthetics.

The classic is beautiful to look at and hold. It's the perfect size for most people's hands, It's got great lines and was really well thought out. It's rugged, feels super premium, and contains all the best design elements of blackberry's history.

In my opinion if you are a BB fan there is no contest it's the classic all the way. If you are an android/google devotee but love BB's phone design you will probably love the classic too, but you might prefer a Priv. you will like the Priv because of it's stock feel of android but it's devotion to great BB phone design. But if you just want google apps but love BB then the classic is what you want.
    Soapm, Foppa_21, bh7171 and 2 others like this.
    03-31-16 07:51 AM
    I am loving the Classic more every day. With just a tad better specs, it would be even better.
    you are right not the greatest specs in the world but could you imagine what it would be like if there was android on this hardware? It would be terrible because android is a resource hog... BB10 is so efficient that you can run it on this hardware and all you think is better hardware would be nice but this works fine as is too... That is pretty impressive honestly.
    03-31-16 07:53 AM
    Then there is BB blend... I don't know why blend isn't more popular but damn Blend is amazing. Also trackpad people.... they just haven't come out with anything in my opinion that is as good.
    Blend is buggy. It often doesn't connect because of this interference or that interference...so I just gave up. I don't want to disable my firewall or antivirus every time I want connect to Blend. There's that but it's also a bit bloaty and laggy. My computer is no slouch but Blend just isn't as smooth as it could be. It certainly doesn't mirror the sleek operation of BB10 on the device it's try to connect to.

As for the trackpad, I completely agree with you. The toolbelt and the trackpad, when you think about it, is offered on no other modern smartphone today. The Classic is the only one in the world. Makes it quite unique and special.
    03-31-16 08:54 AM
    Wow. Really glad you guys are there to save me a huge waste of time diving in only to end up wanting to find my way back out of the pool soon.

I can't overstate how much the Q10's lack of the toolbelt and especially lack of the trackpad (what the hell were they even thinking, OMG, don't EVEN get me started!) were incredibly frustrating for me. So, yes, while I'm really only looking for the two advantages of having fully functional apps for the few things I do want to have Android for and of having more screen real estate, it looks like I'll be much happier staying with the Classic.

Thanks!
    03-31-16 11:19 AM
    BlackBerry Classic... Get It!!! It's a workhorse of a unit... enough screen, one handed use and compact enough for comfortable carrying. The track pad is awesome, most often don't even need to touch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry Classic... Get It!!! It's a workhorse of a unit... enough screen, one handed use and compact enough for comfortable carrying. The track pad is awesome, most often don't even need to touch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I've been using it since the day it came out. And do love it.

Played with the PRIV in the store and was not thrilled with the lack of the trackpad. Was hoping the advantages would be enough to justify it and that I'd get used to it in time and learn to live without the trackpad once again, OMG. But this thread is really making it clear that I just need to find a better way to load Android apps on my Classic. There is definitely a lack there. I do want to at least get Evernote for Business to work. I guess I just need to finally put in the time to learn how to load Android apps more creatively than just what's there stock in BB World. Can't be that hard.
    03-31-16 11:39 AM
    03-31-16 12:47 PM
    If you measure specs, apps, screen size, or performance, the Priv wins.

If you put them one on top of the other and then stamp on them, the Classic wins.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 04:43 PM
    That looks really cool... although the fact that its' so intense and actually includes literally over 100 pages of comments, questions and detailed guidance is a bit daunting to a basic business user like me who needs things to at least continue to work at all times and barely has time to do this let alone learn it let alone troubleshoot and fix it.

Man, I'm left with fantasizing about a PRIV form factor with the Classic keyboard, a trackpad, the BB10 efficiency and access to Android apps.

I actually want to believe that at the very least it's realistic for BB to somehow manage to incorporate more of the best of BB10 efficiency into a PRIV style phone. (I have no idea why so many people talk about not using the PK -- do they not know that a good PK is just plain more reliable and therefore more efficient for doing a lot of typing, or are they just not the kind of business users that need to use it for a lot of typing?)

Okay, well, there I go wishing and speculating and having little hope that the current PRIV will do much for me, or that the Classic can run my key Android apps without my becoming very dedicated to the learning and implementation process.

Unless you really feel that just following the instructions in the first post at that link is highly likely to provide all the results that I'm after, right away.

Reading 100 pages of posts to find the few additional things that might be pretty necessary for tweaking or polishing it up is a huge undertaking.

Thanks!
    03-31-16 07:11 PM
82 123 ...