Classic- one of the best, most original smart phones ever produced. Yes it's that good. Get one and thank all us satisfied users later.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-07-16 11:45 PM
    Hello!
    What do You think, whether I will be so productive on p9983 as on classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:53 AM
    Happy with my Classic as daily driver but would like to try the Priv as I like the slider format.
    04-08-16 05:53 PM
    The classic is just perfect! Best size and amazing performance

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 09:11 AM
    Just as an interesting observation, on the Verizon website the PRIV has a higher user rating than the Classic. The PRIV has 4.8 out of 5 stars with about 50 reviews, and the Classic has 4.6 out of 5 start with about 250 reviews. As I said, it's just an interesting observation.
    I'm not a statistician but a rating of 4.6 from a cohort of 250 subjects looks at least non inferior to a rate of 4.8 from a 50 subjects cohort. In other words, the bigger the sample group, the lower the rate and the higher the standard deviation. Does this make sense?

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-20-16 08:26 PM
    I'm not a statistician but a rating of 4.6 from a cohort of 250 subjects looks at least non inferior to a rate of 4.8 from a 50 subjects cohort. In other words, the bigger the sample group, the lower the rate and the higher the standard deviation. Does this make sense?

That certainly makes sense to me, and seems pretty self-evident.

By even then, let's say we might call it about a wash, making them roughly equal in the review ratings. This is in stark contrast to the "votes" that have been shared in this thread, which have been close to 100% favoring the Classic.
    04-20-16 08:29 PM
    That certainly makes sense to me, and seems pretty self-evident.

By even then, let's say we might call it about a wash, making them roughly equal in the review ratings. This is in stark contrast to the "votes" that have been shared in this thread, which have been close to 100% favoring the Classic.
    Well, a thought. The thread started on a Classic forum so there is certainly a bias. We would say that the rate observed here is confounded by the forum itself. Try and start the same thread on the Priv forum and I'm pretty sure we would see that they favor Priv over any other device, be it  or Droid or iOS.

04-20-16 08:44 PM
    I simply can't choose one..Just bought priv but I still think classic is the most beautiful phone ever made(at least by bb). But the spec-man, and BlackBerry oS... don't get me wrong it's very sophisticated and intuitive os but lack of apps and the fact it can't run some of essential apps crucial to my daily life and to make matters worse, no fb, whatsapp and apparently no more support by BlackBerry itself.. it was the last straw that broke my back. So as of now, even though i'm not 100 happy w priv's design(it's gorgeous but too big since I have petite hands and slides are just not my thing if u know what i'm talking abt)i'm sticking w priv. Think someone like me will find vienna as the ultimate answer if it comes out w android+ round corners.

Posted via CB10
    Gina, totally agree with the beautiful design. The specs aren't bad for how the phone operates. Everyone complains about the specs, but it's totally fine since I'm not running anything graphic intensive or taxing the crap out of RAM. There was a time when the iPhones ran less RAM and had slower processors compared to Android counterparts, but it ran so much smoother than Android because it was optimized better.

It's really sad that popular social media apps like FB and Whatsapp are dropping development, which really hurts BlackBerry as it can't do 'everything' well. But where it shines, it shines so damn bright that I would pick my Classic over my iPhone 6+ any day when it comes to work and productivity. Even though I've only had it for couple weeks, it just blows my mind how smart the Classic is when it comes to Calendar/hub functionality/different profiles/etc.

And Kakao works! I'm using the latest android ver. on the Classic without any lag and hub notifications work as well.

People get fascinated by my Classic and my coworkers keep wanting to take it

When you get a chance try it out. The looks alone sold me. Been a big fan of BlackBerry Bold design for the longest time.

Posted via CB10
    jakeb1986 likes this.
    04-20-16 09:59 PM
    Want my Priv? I sure don't. Even my Passport SE sits in a drawer along with my Moto X Force (2 weeks old).
    jakeb1986 likes this.
    04-21-16 09:50 AM
    Depends on what you want

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 11:23 AM
    If I had the full google play store app selection on my classic, I'd be pulling my Sim and SD card out of the priv this instant and powering up my classic again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 04:01 AM
    Hello!
    What do You think, whether I will be so productive on p9983 as on classic?

Posted via CB10
    I think you'll be just as productive on the 9983. Essentially the same thing, just a little different looking with a larger price tag. I'd use one if I could.

04-22-16 04:03 AM
    Shortcuts, speed dials and toolbelt are too essential to my daily productivity to consider hiding the keyboard behind the screen. I, myself, don't feel need for more screen estate than Classic provides more than a couple times per week. Why hide a keyboard that I use countless times per day just to see more screen for those two times per week?

I'd be MUCH more interested in Priv slider if keyboard stayed in front and screen slid up to expose more screen estate when needed. IMO.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    04-23-16 01:56 AM
    Depends on what you want

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to re-reply defiantly the Priv. it may not be BlackBerry 10 but it's the best BlackBerry hardware out there

10-01-16 09:02 AM
    PRIV. I'd love a compact phone like the Classic, but I wouldn't give up Android for BB10.

10-13-16 07:31 AM
    If I could get a priv cheap I might be tempted. But the thing is the Classic's keyboard is so nice, and I've heard mixed reviews on the priv. The keyboard is really important to me. I don't know what I'll do when the day comes I can't use my Classic anymore.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9697770) likes this.
    10-15-16 02:36 PM
    I couldn't use the Priv as a daily driver. It did everything I needed it do and all the other extra stuff that I wanted it to do like snapchat, but I missed BB10. Things I could do with relative ease like email something straight from Dropbox or finding something on my memory card took downloading of an app to get.

I couldn't get used to it!, but that's my personal opinion. Some people love the Priv. I liked it, tried to love it, it just didn't work out.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-16-16 08:28 AM
    Classic Pro: better pkb, better spellcheck, trackpad, tool belt, no google data collecting, better hub, smaller in size, native browser/file manager/sms/picture etc programs, native bb world

Classic Con: Browser out of data, no way to organise bookmarks, "stop call" button doesnt stop call but just tries to make present windows smaller, no apps, however i dont care about that as only miss google maps which can be obtained in the browser anyway (never tired to get osmand+ going which i use on the Priv now)

Priv Pro: large screen

Priv Con: too heavy to really use pkb comforably or one handed, google data sniffing enforced as no native bb world, no trackpadn no toolbelt, no phone buttons (as some meanwhile dead guy in cheap jeans and a turtleneck has decided buttons are uggly) no native programs

a lotus notes bug with bes10 made me make the classic replacement to be a priv (adding an attchment makes all OS10 phone in my company crash)
    10-16-16 02:09 PM
    It is interesting to me that no one mentioned how incredibly faster and quicker the Priv is than the Classic.

This leads me to think that the Priv is NOT quicker than the Classic, or at least not fast enough to be very noticeable.

Is this true?
    01-09-17 12:23 PM
    It is interesting to me that no one mentioned how incredibly faster and quicker the Priv is than the Classic.

This leads me to think that the Priv is NOT quicker than the Classic, or at least not fast enough to be very noticeable.

Is this true?
    You can't do an apples to apples comparison as you can with the Priv and, say, the DTEKs. Familiarity with the OS, muscle memory, all of those can skew the speed pendulum.
    01-09-17 12:47 PM
    I never had a classic but came to the priv from a z30. I loved my bb10 z30 until the software just wasn't keeping up ie the browser. The Z30 still has some things I like better but at the same time the priv beats the Z30 on many things as well. I say priv simply because it is up to date and everything works.
    01-09-17 12:59 PM
    You can't do an apples to apples comparison as you can with the Priv and, say, the DTEKs. Familiarity with the OS, muscle memory, all of those can skew the speed pendulum.
    You are skirting the basic question. Yeah, a 12 year old driving a Ferrari can easily lose a race to a professional in a Civic. This doesn't make the Ferrari slower.

Either the Priv is noticeably faster and quicker or it isn't.
    01-09-17 01:30 PM
    You are skirting the basic question. Yeah, a 12 year old driving a Ferrari can easily lose a race to a professional in a Civic. This doesn't make the Ferrari slower.

Either the Priv is noticeably faster and quicker or it isn't.
    I could very well claim my Priv was faster than my Passport (which it was), but someone locked into the PKB/toolbelt/BB10 mindset and unwilling/incapable to learn Android would take offence to that because they floundered when they tried to operate a Priv like it was their old trackpad phone, therefore their Classic is faster.
    01-09-17 02:07 PM
    If I could get a priv cheap I might be tempted. But the thing is the Classic's keyboard is so nice, and I've heard mixed reviews on the priv. The keyboard is really important to me. I don't know what I'll do when the day comes I can't use my Classic anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Depends where you are and your carrier. I just got a PRIV in Manitoba (Canada) for $0 on a 2 year contract.
    I went from a Classic and yes, the PRIV keyboard took getting used to. The ability to "flick up" to choose a predicted word is pretty cool.
    The only real battle I still have with the PRIV keyboard vs the Classic's is the space bar - I think the Classic's is maybe larger or more prominent - however, the PRIV is good enough that I can live with that small issue. You'll likely enjoy the larger screen as well.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-09-17 04:28 PM
    I just got a Priv as a tester phone to try but I'm not a fan of it tbh. Yes it's Android and it's supposed to be the perfect marriage between BlackBerry and Android, but it feels half baked.

The keyboard isn't what we're accustomed to for BlackBerry standards, the Hub is much worse than BlackBerry 10, and some simple Android customization just isn't there on the Priv and I'm not sure why. Other than the app's support and a fantastic screen, it can't compare to the Classic from a phone experience and productivity tool perspective.

I'll be looking to sell my Priv and getting a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 01:41 AM
82 1234