Which physical keyboard is better? Classics or Priv?
    Hard to think of any phone having a better keyboard than the Classic

Posted via CB10
    Robert Bitter likes this.
    04-13-16 12:27 PM
    "Better" is a matter of personal preference. In all honesty, I love the Classic's keyboard but I think I was still faster on the smaller keyboards of the old legacy devices with the "smiley" curve.

The Priv has the capacitive features of the Passport combined with the narrower 4 rows like the Classic. No doubt, it is a competitor for best all-around.
    04-13-16 12:36 PM
    Classics keys are better.... wider... better click... also, the balance is top heavy on the priv... you really should just go into a store and feel for yourself...
    04-13-16 12:43 PM
    Defo the classic

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 01:05 PM
    Classic.
    The Slider isn't bad, don't get me wrong. But it's tough to beat the perfection of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 01:49 PM
    Jus get the blue classic man... love mine
    04-13-16 02:31 PM
    Jus get the blue classic man... love mine
    I'm leaning towards the blue Classic. I just feel I need to get the Priv eventually. If that is going to be BlackBerry's end game. I'll help the brand survive on that platform

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 03:36 PM
    Classic hans down.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 03:43 PM
    Classic... Typing via my Priv's PKB now wishing it was my Classic... Luckily it's right by my side ready to go on line one... While, not BlackBerry's 'best' PKB, the Classic is definitely in the top 5 best PKB ever... I'd rank it 3rd overall... The 9000, 9900, Classic, 9780/9700, P9981. the Classic's keyboard definitely produces a far better typing experience vs the Priv as per my personal opinion...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Skidoo583 and lydiachao like this.
    04-13-16 04:07 PM
    Hands down classic. Not even a comparison.
    04-13-16 08:03 PM
    "Better" is a matter of personal preference. In all honesty, I love the Classic's keyboard but I think I was still faster on the smaller keyboards of the old legacy devices with the "smiley" curve.

The Priv has the capacitive features of the Passport combined with the narrower 4 rows like the Classic. No doubt, it is a competitor for best all-around.
    I agree the smiley keyboards were more ergonomic in my opinion.
    04-13-16 08:06 PM
    Which physical keyboard is better? Classics or Priv?
    Hard to think of any phone having a better keyboard than the Classic

Posted via CB10
    ive got both and I think the classic pkb IS much better than the priv but some ppl like the priv
    04-14-16 12:08 AM
    One vote for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 06:05 AM
    Physical keyboards it's the Classic hands down. Aside from the Bold 9900 and even 9000 who I felt were the best ever, the Classic takes the crown.
    04-14-16 06:09 AM
    I own both units and i find myself in love with the Classic's KB. The Priv's KB is a bit small and the upper lip gets in the way of the top most KB line.
    Skidoo583 likes this.
    04-14-16 07:56 AM
    Classic. In the 3 weeks I had a PRIV, I could type pretty well on its PKB. But it is smaller and not nearly as responsive (clicky"). The smaller space bar actually gave me the most trouble, along with the occasional problem trying to type on keys on the right side of the PKB with my left thumb (or vice-versa). Something about the angle or flatness gave me problems. No so on the Classic, which I this best best ever BlackBerry PKB.

Posted via CB10 with my Classic
    04-14-16 01:29 PM
    Can't really comment as I never had a classic but the keyboard on the priv isn't bad considering its the only one I've had. I get a lot of use frozen the touch capacitive feature as well

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-14-16 03:40 PM
    Can't really comment as I never had a classic but the keyboard on the priv isn't bad considering its the only one I've had. I get a lot of use frozen the touch capacitive feature as well

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    The Classic's keyboard is meant to be used hard... Its' keys make for a seducing typing experience... Once you use it, you have a newly defined predetermined stance on what a physical keyboard can (and should) feel like... Pick up a Classic and type out a paragraph or two for fun... Just once and it'll knock your socks off... In all honesty, it truly does put the Priv's keyboard to shame...

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    04-14-16 05:02 PM
    Just got the Priv today and I was pleasantly surprised with the Priv's keyboard. I'd say the classics is better, but I'm not sure the Priv's far behind!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 06:55 PM
    classic, no contest whatsoever. the priv kb isn't as bad as people make it out to be - with a little time and practice you can type on it pretty quickly. the classic will feel much more rewarding, though! even if the priv let me type 10wpm faster (it doesn't), i'd choose the classic because the keys are so damn satisfying to click down..

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    04-15-16 12:15 AM