Is the Classic's price premium over the Q10 worth it? I've got a Z10 right now and it's lost it's edge - I get through at least two batteries a day and the overall performance isn't great, especially compared to when it was new.

I'm waiting for the slider to release but that's likely to release at the end of the year. That's eight months too many for my poor little Z to handle (I've had it since launch).

I can get the Q10 for �155 and the Classic for �290. Both are from Amazon. Although it's likely I'll opt for the blue one when it releases hopefully next month which will probably retail at the full �350.

So what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 11:42 PM
    The classic is overpriced and the build quality is inferior to the Q10. The toolbelt alone is cheap and flimsy compared with the one on my Bold 9900. It looks like it was bolted on with little thought.

The whole BB10 experience with the Classic is a frustrating one for anyone moving from a BBOS legacy device since all the key shortcuts are gone, the calendar is crap and the device bogs down far too often. I was really disappointed with the Classic as it appears that BlackBerry didn't really think this design through. The Q10 actually works better for BB10 but is still tied down by the inefficiencies of the OS.

As it stands, their is no successor to the Bold 9900, which is really sad. BlackBerry has forgotten what made them successful in the past and are now just trying to appease a tiny installed base of enterprise customers and fanatical zealots.
    log_n, ruhban and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-26-15 01:26 AM
    I just switched from the Q to the classic.

The screen size and back button on the toolbelt are worth the price to me. I am slowing getting used to the toolbelt again. I completely forgot how to use it after being on the Q for so long.

My Classic does not feel cheap.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-26-15 01:37 AM
    Get the Classic. If you get the Q10 you'll regret not going for it. Bigger display, toolbelt, better feeling in the hand (quality weight feel), longer support as its a newer device and more. Went from the Q10 to the Classic and it's the best phone I've used to date.

PS People like above will find fault with even the successor to the classic and keep using an ancient handset. No phone is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    cornhuskur and ruhban like this.
    03-26-15 07:58 AM
    Classic, screen size, screen quality, battery life, and tool belt are all excellent. Finishes are not as nice as the Q10 but otherwise Classic is an upgrade despite the same processor.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-26-15 08:16 AM
    The Classic is a wonderful Work Phone it just works, keyboard the best, screen Bigger, tool belt awesome.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-26-15 10:03 AM
    I used a Z for about 9 months and a Q10 for about 3 months. Q10 is a good build quality, great pkb, and has swappable battery but that's about all good i can say for it. PKB devices NEED a tool belt, IMO, to help mitigate relatively small screens. Trackpad makes life so much easier on the relatively small screens inevitably fitted to non-slider PKB devices. I'd pony up and go Classic, IMO. BTW, I did!!
    7onZ and ruhban like this.
    03-26-15 10:24 AM
    The classic is overpriced and the build quality is inferior to the Q10. The toolbelt alone is cheap and flimsy compared with the one on my Bold 9900. It looks like it was bolted on with little thought.

The whole BB10 experience with the Classic is a frustrating one for anyone moving from a BBOS legacy device since all the key shortcuts are gone, the calendar is crap and the device bogs down far too often. I was really disappointed with the Classic as it appears that BlackBerry didn't really think this design through. The Q10 actually works better for BB10 but is still tied down by the inefficiencies of the OS.

As it stands, their is no successor to the Bold 9900, which is really sad. BlackBerry has forgotten what made them successful in the past and are now just trying to appease a tiny installed base of enterprise customers and fanatical zealots.
    Do you even have a Classic? The key shortcuts are there baked into the Classic from the beginning.

The trackpad alone makes the Classic worth more than the Q10. Everything the Q10 does works better on the Classic because of the trackpad. Q10 should have never been released without a trackpad.

As for the "cheap" feeling, read all the professional reviews, they all say the exact opposite (they still slam the Classic for completely different reasons)

And if the BB10 is somehow not efficient for you, you're welcome to try the alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin, TgeekB and ruhban like this.
    03-26-15 11:01 AM
    Do you even have a Classic? The key shortcuts are there baked into the Classic from the beginning.

The trackpad alone makes the Classic worth more than the Q10. Everything the Q10 does works better on the Classic because of the trackpad. Q10 should have never been released without a trackpad.

As for the "cheap" feeling, read all the professional reviews, they all say the exact opposite (they still slam the Classic for completely different reasons)

And if the BB10 is somehow not efficient for you, you're welcome to try the alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    +100000

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 11:24 AM
    Wow thanks for the great response guys, I appreciate it! So it seems the Classic is worth the extra cash, based on what a lot of you are saying - I've read all the 'bad' reviews for it and they all mention the exceptional build quality and 'feel' for it.

Now all I've got to do is decide whether it's worth waiting for the blue one and paying the full �350 compared to the �289 for the black one. Hmm choices...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:14 PM
    I used a Z for about 9 months and a Q10 for about 3 months. Q10 is a good build quality, great pkb, and has swappable battery but that's about all good i can say for it. PKB devices NEED a tool belt, IMO, to help mitigate relatively small screens. Trackpad makes life so much easier on the relatively small screens inevitably fitted to non-slider PKB devices. I'd pony up and go Classic, IMO. BTW, I did!!
    I thought the Q10 didn't have a removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've tried friends' iPhones 5s and 6s but I just don't like the way iOS works - it's nasty compared to BB10. The new Samsung S6 Edge is appealing but Android - Touchwiz more so - is disgusting, slow and laggy.

BB10 is the only way for me!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:17 PM
    tried both - classic definitely premium over Q10
    03-26-15 07:57 PM
    I thought the Q10 didn't have a removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it does. BlackBerry Q10 Batteries | ShopCrackBerry
    03-26-15 09:32 PM
    The Classic feels much more like "home" with the metal rim and the tool belt. The keyboard rocks imho.

But: The speed of how the Classic works, compared to the Q10, is not fast at all.

Now, I don't and won't start a "this device is better than..."-post.

It really depends on how one uses the phone. More into apps or more into messaging? Occasionally surfer or surfing the net a lot etc.!

From the look and feel: Yes, the Classic is premium over Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:28 AM
    Love my Classic, I also love my Q10. However, I prefer the Classic because I like the screen size. I also actually like the ever so slightly bigger keys on the keyboard, I notice just how much I like the Classic keyboard whenever I pick up my Q10.

Anyways, I love all the BlackBerry 10 devices, they're all awesome and I want every one of em'!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:02 PM
    What about the battery life on them both? If I'm right remembering the Classic has the bigger battery, it should last longer? As previously discussed we have already established the Q10 has a removable one.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:41 PM

The screen size and back button on the toolbelt are worth the price to me. I am slowing getting used to the toolbelt again. I completely forgot how to use it after being on the Q for so long.

Posted via CB10
    That's the exact question people have to answer for themselves. The Q10 is an awesome device - my all-time favorite BlackBerry. But the larger screen and return of the tool belt are huge improvements for some people. If you have used an iPhone or Android phone you probably appreciated the comparatively gigantic screen vs. most BlackBerrys. Every square millimeter of screen real estate on a larger format BlackBerry counts. Yes, I'd prefer the Passport's screen, but the Classic is a worth upgrade from the Q10 IMHO.
    03-28-15 02:08 PM
    Classic advantages:
    - screen size
    - toolbelt
    - better battery

Q10 advantages:
    - more portable
    - removable battery

I think that both are well built terminals, so as you have to decide what are the advantages that you want to take.
    Alfredo

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:09 PM
    How is one-handed use on the Q10 and Classic? Thinking of moving from the Z30 I have to complement same with my iPhone 6 Plus.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:56 PM
    I've normal dimension hands, and I'm barely able to use my classic with one hand.
    Alfredo

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-28-15 03:16 PM
    How is one-handed use on the Q10 and Classic? Thinking of moving from the Z30 I have to complement same with my iPhone 6 Plus.

Posted via CB10
    one hand typing is do-able but not that comfortable. But answering/hanging up, trackpad scrolling and launching apps with shortcuts feels great.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-28-15 03:49 PM
    Classic all thee way!! I'm coming from a previous Q10, and I'm happy with the bigger screen, better battery life and the space between the keys are more comfortable to type

Premium over Q10?-classic_syncpod.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame, donemt and ruhban like this.
    03-28-15 08:41 PM
    I'm into my first full month with my BlackBerry Classic and I love it!

The build feels good. It feels like a premium product in your hand. I enjoy having the tool belt back, but I got used to the Q10, so it's not that big a deal to me.

The Classic reminds me very much of my 9930-

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-28-15 09:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree with what your saying about build quality. The build quality of the q10 felt inferior to the 9900. Felt extremely light and plasticy. The classic feels heavier in hand to me compared to the q10, which is always a good thing for me. It's chrome frame looks better then the q10's black. I also like the grippy back of the classic compared to the q10's more slippery glass weave. My opinion
    ruhban likes this.
    03-28-15 09:42 PM
46 12