I just moved to Classic after long times with Q10. I've large hands so no problems doing basic functions with one hand, but long ago I just learned I worked best with two hand typing anyway. The larger keyboard of the Classic and larger screen are my pluses. Yes, its a bit larger than the Q which is the tradeoff. Still smaller than the Z30 I had which tho beautiful, I found too large to comfortably keep in my pockets. Balance is nice and feels very solid. Great typing surface. I'm pleased so far. Would be ok too with going back to Q if decide too but right now, I don't see the need. Worth it to me.
    ruhban and bigjman like this.
    03-28-15 09:43 PM
    Classic all thee way!! I'm coming from a previous Q10, and I'm happy with the bigger screen, better battery life and the space between the keys are more comfortable to type

Attachment 344366

Posted via CB10
    Wow it looks really sexy there! Don't tease me with pictures like that!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:30 PM
    I disagree with what your saying about build quality. The build quality of the q10 felt inferior to the 9900. Felt extremely light and plasticy. The classic feels heavier in hand to me compared to the q10, which is always a good thing for me. It's chrome frame looks better then the q10's black. I also like the grippy back of the classic compared to the q10's more slippery glass weave. My opinion
    Maybe @ DrePizzle got a lemon? It's possible beach I had to change my 9900 a few times when I had it and I remember one of them being made at a much lower quality compared with the other ones I received.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:33 PM
    Do you even have a Classic? The key shortcuts are there baked into the Classic from the beginning.

The trackpad alone makes the Classic worth more than the Q10. Everything the Q10 does works better on the Classic because of the trackpad. Q10 should have never been released without a trackpad.

As for the "cheap" feeling, read all the professional reviews, they all say the exact opposite (they still slam the Classic for completely different reasons)

And if the BB10 is somehow not efficient for you, you're welcome to try the alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    +100000
    Of course go for the best....Classic
    It's perfect in every way with a perfect factor size
    The battery, toolbelt, keyboard, LCD screen and lastly with the most premium materials

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 12:51 AM
    I went from Q10 to Classic, and the Classic is far better in my opinion. Build quality wise I would put the Classic above the Q10, mainly because I didn't like the 'natty', thin feel on the volume keys and by comparison the Q10 battery cover can be prone to being slid away inadvertently (although of course the battery os removable which is not so relevant now under BB10).

The display on the Classic has more brightness range (especially to dimmer levels), and a more natural colour.

I also use the toolbelt all the time and find it tightly integrated and still provides a better all round display size.

For me the Classic wins easily. Also you don't have to obscure part of the screen with your thumb and browsing the Web is easier with the toolbelt on the Classic.
    donemt and ruhban like this.
    03-29-15 05:17 AM
    I am about to upgrade to the classic from a Q10. The Bell rep handed me his Classic and as I worked it for a few minutes, it certainly felt solid and of great build quality to me. Also, if the Classic has the Paratek antenna (apparently this is confirmed), that too is a big upgrade in my mind.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:01 PM
    The classic is overpriced and the build quality is inferior to the Q10. The toolbelt alone is cheap and flimsy compared with the one on my Bold 9900. It looks like it was bolted on with little thought.

The whole BB10 experience with the Classic is a frustrating one for anyone moving from a BBOS legacy device since all the key shortcuts are gone, the calendar is crap and the device bogs down far too often. I was really disappointed with the Classic as it appears that BlackBerry didn't really think this design through. The Q10 actually works better for BB10 but is still tied down by the inefficiencies of the OS.

As it stands, their is no successor to the Bold 9900, which is really sad. BlackBerry has forgotten what made them successful in the past and are now just trying to appease a tiny installed base of enterprise customers and fanatical zealots.
    Take everything this person said and reverse it. I own both and the Classic feels much better to hold and is very well built. My Q10 is in a drawer.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    Naeg1995, donemt and ruhban like this.
    03-29-15 03:19 PM
    Q10 is the better device. Bb10 renders toolbelt superfluous. Classic is a bit porky in feel on hand. The matte silver looks plasticky. The pixel density leaves something to be desired. Screen brightness is highly overrated unless you wear sunglasses all day. The rubber backing feels cheap compared to the fiber-carbon cool innovative weave. It also lags more than the q10.

Q10 all black has such a strong, clean presence... best BlackBerry to date. That's the sad truth as I had high hopes for the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and ruhban like this.
    03-29-15 09:31 PM
    i prefer the Q10. Had the classic for a 3 days... it was a no go for me.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-29-15 10:11 PM
    i prefer the Q10. Had the classic for a 3 days... it was a no go for me.
    Same here..I will return my classic tomorrow.. glad I haven't sold my Q10 yet.. IMO, classic vs Q10.

Classic:
    Pros: larger screen, premium looks
    Cons: too heavy, trackpad too small (compared to legacy device), toolbelt feels kinda cheap, too expensive.

Q10:
    Pros: fit one hand size, premium built quality, no toolbelt, no text claw (for me atleast), cheaper than classic.
    Cons: small screen, several years old device (which still the best IMO).

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-30-15 02:02 PM
    What do you mean by text claw?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:42 PM
    What do you mean by text claw?

Posted via CB10
    Text claw = RSI (repetitive strain injury)

Google is your Friend, not your "phone"

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:14 AM
    So I finally went for the Classic thanks to your guys' recommendations! One small quality issue I've come across, however, is the screen bleeding from the right hand side next to the volume rockers. Have a look at these pictures
    Premium over Q10?-classic-screen-bleed.png
    Premium over Q10?-img_20150407_021631.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 08:22 PM
    So I finally went for the Classic thanks to your guys' recommendations! One small quality issue I've come across, however, is the screen bleeding from the right hand side next to the volume rockers. Have a look at these pictures

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150407_021631.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	346051

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a product defect.. you should send it back to your carrier, maybe they will replace your unit.

Posted via amazing Q10
    04-07-15 08:31 PM
    Have you considered the Q5?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:38 PM

Name:	Classic Screen Bleed.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	487.2 KB 
ID:	346048

Name:	IMG_20150407_021631.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	346051

Posted via CB10
    I think your whole left side is bleeding too. Not only the one spot on the right side.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-07-15 08:41 PM
    I just switched from the Q10 to the Classic, I did use an upgrade through VZW so I got it for $50 after rebate but I absolutely love the device. I love having the trackpad as well as the back button. I often write very long emails for work and the bigger keyboard and screen are great. Having the trackpad and the ability to select my text for corrections is also very welcome.

Not sure if I would pay the out of contract price for the Classic, I mean it's called the classic for a reason. Not a ton of innovation but an absolutely solid device.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 09:39 PM
    I think your whole left side is bleeding too. Not only the one spot on the right side.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Sorry I didn't mention it earlier but for some reason the picture makes it look like the left hand side's bleeding but it actually isn't. There's some weird camera trickery going on here :S

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:38 PM
    I think it's a product defect.. you should send it back to your carrier, maybe they will replace your unit.

Posted via amazing Q10
    I got it from Amazon so hopefully they won't have too much of a problem replacing it. Although I've had a few other posters from a different thread telling me it's normal #confusing

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:44 PM
    Mmm..."better"...yes! Absolutely than the Q10 a good upgrade in quality and hands on feeling.

I consider the PP as a real "premium" upgrade

From my Classic
    04-08-15 07:05 AM
    Sorry I didn't mention it earlier but for some reason the picture makes it look like the left hand side's bleeding but it actually isn't. There's some weird camera trickery going on here :S

Posted via CB10
    Now that you mention it, I think it's a viewing angle problem.. if you view the screen from side, it looks like screen bleeding..

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 07:09 AM
46 12