I recently bought a Classic and had my Z30 in use for a while as well. Is it just me or is the predictive text different than the Z30? The space bar on Z30 would fix some of my typos but the space doesn't do anything for me on the classic

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    10-04-15 11:39 PM
    Well, on the Classic BlackBerry and it's physical keyboard users (especially on the Q20 (Classic)) are confident enough with the typing experience that you will not need to have the OS fixing errors for you. Now for words that are typed wrong you can always go back and fix it by what the OS thinks you meant to say.
    10-05-15 02:18 AM
    Check out the settings.
    Auto-correct (with space bar on both) and Word prediction (used to swipe on the Z30) are two different things and there is a on/off button for each feature.
    10-05-15 02:22 AM
    This is very true. The autocorrect on the Classic is like a "weaker" version of the one on the Z30. I'm guessing that BlackBerry figures that people using the Classic are just so freakin' precise that they don't need the autocorrect as aggressively as virtual keyboard users?

Posted via CB10
    Gees97 likes this.
    10-05-15 07:51 AM
    This is very true. The autocorrect on the Classic is like a "weaker" version of the one on the Z30. I'm guessing that BlackBerry figures that people using the Classic are just so freakin' precise that they don't need the autocorrect as aggressively as virtual keyboard users?

Posted via CB10
    Word prediction exists for Classic, too. If you turn it on, you get 3 words suggested and you can click on the word....
    Okay, I have the Passport, but it should look like this:

Predicted text on BlackBerry Classic-img_20151005_160936.png
    10-05-15 09:10 AM
    Yes, word prediction exists for Classic but what the OP is saying is how words do not autocorrect as well on Classic as on other BlackBerry 10 phones. Try typing any word with one letter off on the Classic and on the Passport/Z30 and guaranteed that the Passport/Z30 will autocorrect the word for you more often than on Classic. Classic is more likely to just leave the word misspelled and underlined in red.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 10:53 AM
    Yes, word prediction exists for Classic but what the OP is saying is how words do not autocorrect as well on Classic as on other BlackBerry 10 phones. Try typing any word with one letter off on the Classic and on the Passport/Z30 and guaranteed that the Passport/Z30 will autocorrect the word for you more often than on Classic. Classic is more likely to just leave the word misspelled and underlined in red.

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly. The Z30 will change "Lve" into "Love" but the classic won't. I don't make typos often so it's not a problem. But I figured the space bar would have more use like the Z30. Even my Z10 works fine with fixing minor typos

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    10-05-15 06:10 PM