Hope they do something like this. If its like the old BBOS phones, then I'm leaving BB and going for something else.. This is like taking 1 step forwards and then 450 steps back again. Why bring back functionality the current doesnt need?
    So you'll be leaving BB because they have a phone that you don't need to buy that you don't like... Makes sense... I mean, you COULD simply buy any of the other devices without this feature since you don't like it, but nah, that makes too much sense. Better to just go to another brand instead... :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-27-14 04:49 PM
    You are buying a physical qwerty phone... inherently you are an advocate of physical buttons being superior to virtual. With that I do not see how adding the buttons of the belt is a bad thing to the targeted audience, others will and should stick to the Z series.

Posted via CB10
    th.1977 likes this.
    02-27-14 05:09 PM
    So you'll be leaving BB because they have a phone that you don't need to buy that you don't like... Makes sense... I mean, you COULD simply buy any of the other devices without this feature since you don't like it, but nah, that makes too much sense. Better to just go to another brand instead... :-D

I guess I should have left BlackBerry once they came out with the Z10?

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-27-14 05:14 PM
    I guess I should have left BlackBerry once they came out with the Z10?

Yep, I don't like the low pixel density of the Z30, so I should get rid of my Q10 and jump ship. And every week a PC game comes out that I don't like. Therefore, I should stop playing games all together...

02-27-14 05:37 PM
    Why would you ditch your Q10 if you are happy with it? Out of protest that a phone was designed that you aren't interested in?

Im not going to ditch my Q10 if they come with the belt. But one day, ill have to update my phone as it probably will not last for ever. And i want a QWERTY device. If all the QWERTY devices available at that time will are with the belt, i might have to look elsewhere. As im using the BB10 experience because of how well (in my opinion) it works with the QWERTY device.

I think you guys are misunderstanding what im saying. I will NOT ditch my Q10 if the belt is back. I will stop using BlackBerry when the day to retire my phone comes, and all that is available is a 2010 looking BlackBerry bold type phone available with the QWERTY.

I dont know if its because english is my 4th language or if people on cb are just not well enough equipped to think stuff through. Why the hell would i stop using my current device (which i love) if BlackBerry comes back with the belt with hardware keys?

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    02-27-14 05:46 PM
    You are buying a physical qwerty phone... inherently you are an advocate of physical buttons being superior to virtual. With that I do not see how adding the buttons of the belt is a bad thing to the targeted audience, others will and should stick to the Z series.

Posted via CB10
    Its a bad thing as BB10 does not require the belt as the os is good enough for text editing. BBOS wasnt. Thats why they had those buttons there. Makes sense, no?

02-27-14 05:48 PM
    Im not going to ditch my Q10 if they come with the belt. But one day, ill have to update my phone as it probably will not last for ever. And i want a QWERTY device. If all the QWERTY devices available at that time will are with the belt, i might have to look elsewhere. As im using the BB10 experience because of how well (in my opinion) it works with the QWERTY device.

I think you guys are misunderstanding what im saying. I will NOT ditch my Q10 if the belt is back. I will stop using BlackBerry when the day to retire my phone comes, and all that is available is a 2010 looking BlackBerry bold type phone available with the QWERTY.

I dont know if its because english is my 4th language or if people on cb are just not well enough equipped to think stuff through. Why the hell would i stop using my current device (which i love) if BlackBerry comes back with the belt with hardware keys?

The misunderstanding is that you said if this phone is like BBOS with trackpad and belt you would leave BlackBerry.

Rest assured, not all Qwerty phones are going to have the trackpad and belt. They are just starting a new, additional type of phone.

02-27-14 05:51 PM
    The misunderstanding is that you said if this phone is like BBOS with trackpad and belt you would leave BlackBerry.

Rest assured, not all Qwerty phones are going to have the trackpad and belt. They are just starting a new, additional type of phone.

Well. Then we are all good .

02-27-14 05:56 PM
    Well. Then we are all good .

Indeed. I have been defending the Q20 in 4 or 5 threads, but I too would be disappointed if all future keyboard devices had the trackpad and function keys row. I have 2 Q10's so I probably will pick up a Q20, but I will not upgrade my daily driver until the true Q10 successor comes out.

02-27-14 06:13 PM
    Indeed. I have been defending the Q20 in 4 or 5 threads, but I too would be disappointed if all future keyboard devices had the trackpad and function keys row. I have 2 Q10's so I probably will pick up a Q20, but I will not upgrade my daily driver until the true Q10 successor comes out.

I wont buy the Q20 if it has the hardware keys for the belt. But i might test it out if its something innovative, such as something with the space bar or something software related. If its the old style, then i will wait out just as you for the Q10 successor.

02-27-14 06:22 PM
    No that is not how it's gonna be. John Chen specifically said they misread things the first time. The keyboard wasn't enough, old user Base wants the belt to. Meaning it's gonna be physical buttons. Blackberry already has a verbal belt

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:45 PM

And they've already made it clear that not all qwerty devices will have the belt. Only the ones in the new "Classic" category they made. Again, this device is IN ADDITION to the options they have been offering, not IN PLACE OF.

I wonder how many more times that needs to be repeated...

Edit: Yes, I see now that someone else did explain this to you well before I read your comment and replied to it. :-P

02-27-14 06:49 PM
    Hope they do something like this. If its like the old BBOS phones, then I'm leaving BB and going for something else.. This is like taking 1 step forwards and then 450 steps back again. Why bring back functionality the current doesnt need?
    With all do respect, I find it hard to understand your view? That's like me saying I'm not buying the Big Mac anymore because McDonald's tweaked the McRib not to my liking.
    This Q20 is aimed at the Record number of complaints and returns the Q10 had.
    Not sure how listening to your enterprise customers translates into moving backwards. Plus, I'm sure the new belt will have new advancements that will give the Q20 even more versatility.
    BlackBerry is in a tough spot. It almost died just four short months ago. Mr Chen wanted to tackle two things right away. One was the emerging markets. In under 100 days, they've produced a certified device that's ready to go. Second was focusing on enterprise. The Q20 deals with that directly.
    The future brings two super high end devices that will most likely not have the belt and deal with others who want something different. If BB10 had positive sales, this would not be a topic right now. Mr. Chen is moving 450 steps forward by simply giving what many want and need in the work place. I've said this before. Think of the damage that has been done with negative word of mouth in regards to the Q10. . All because people couldn't understand why BlackBerry took away the one thing that was most important in their eyes. Now think of all the positive word of mouth for getting back what they miss.
    Even though it's way too early to judge Mr. Chen, it's also too early to judge his judgment. Have a bit of faith. He has done this before and he most likely knows more than all of us put together.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:52 PM
    And they've already made it clear that not all qwerty devices will have the belt. Only the ones in the new "Classic" category they made. Again, this device is IN ADDITION to the options they have been offering, not IN PLACE OF.

I wonder how many more times that needs to be repeated...

He understands that now and has no beef with BlackBerry.

02-27-14 06:52 PM
    He understands that now and has no beef with BlackBerry.

Yep, I read on and saw that, lol. I respond when I read things. That's why you sometimes see a bunch of replies from me in a row. :-P

02-27-14 06:57 PM
    Good think BlackBerry is planning on getting out all touch phones, qwerty w/ belt and qwerty w/out belt so everyone's opinion is a waste of time.

Nice concept op!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    xBURK likes this.
    02-27-14 07:01 PM
    Good think BlackBerry is planning on getting out all touch phones, qwerty w/ belt and qwerty w/out belt so everyone's opinion is a waste of time.

Nice concept op!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Very true.
    The problem: You could state this all day long and still get nowhere though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-27-14 at 07:45 PM.
    02-27-14 07:10 PM
    I had a bold along with my nextel many years ago. Then I had few more bolds and androids in past years. I couldn't stand having 2 phones so I gave up on the bb thing. I thought I could get used to touch typing, in that I have been dealing with no physical kb for years. I have tried many keyboards and have never been satisfied. In fact one of my biggest issues is editing or moving the courser around.
    I have the note 3 now and its great but the size is a little big. I had to cover more things this week and email/texting was much more than my normal usage. When I was using the note I was getting frustrated and thought to myself I need the bb back. Then I looked online and ran into the q20. This was good timing for me. When I saw that the q20 will have an optical trackpad I decided that I will have 2 phones again.

Anyone know when they will release it?
    Maybe 3rd qr?
    03-02-14 04:03 PM
    I had a bold along with my nextel many years ago. Then I had few more bolds and androids in past years. I couldn't stand having 2 phones so I gave up on the bb thing. I thought I could get used to touch typing, in that I have been dealing with no physical kb for years. I have tried many keyboards and have never been satisfied. In fact one of my biggest issues is editing or moving the courser around.
    I have the note 3 now and its great but the size is a little big. I had to cover more things this week and email/texting was much more than my normal usage. When I was using the note I was getting frustrated and thought to myself I need the bb back. Then I looked online and ran into the q20. This was good timing for me. When I saw that the q20 will have an optical trackpad I decided that I will have 2 phones again.

Anyone know when they will release it?
    Maybe 3rd qr?
    Yep, around 3rd or maybe 4th quarter. Hopefully 3rd, but it's not like they are rolling in the dough now to be able to release devices as quickly as some of these other companies like Samsung.

03-02-14 04:38 PM
    Go buy an iPhone you filthy casual. Some people need a work tool.
    Get your ignorant head out your ***. Many ppl that run corporations are using BB10 quite well without these buttons!!

Look at the recent blog information on inside BlackBerry or bizblog for BlackBerry.

Not everyone needs these belt buttons some due. Just cause a user on BlackBerry likes it and chooses not to accept the belt alterations doesn't mean their a casual user nor gives you the right to simply blatantly dismiss his choice - it's his money after all not yours. This kind of ignorance is the MAIN reason the competition is winning and the sales and brand of BlackBerry have been so easily knocked down. You're helping the hate bandwagon against BlackBerry with that kind of ignorance.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    AhDucatti likes this.
    03-02-14 10:58 PM
    While the Q10 is a solid device and proves that a modern OS + physical keyboard can provide a great mobile experience, it fails in two ways:

1) The poor implementation of text-manipulation & message navigation prevents it from being an obvious choice for corporate users. (In these areas it is a downgrade from BBOS7).

2) The 1:1 resolution makes it a poor choice for the main stream consumers. When watching video in full-screen, you get no larger picture than the Bold 9000.

I'm excited to see how BlackBerry addresses these shortcomings, and hope they do so with a refreshed sense of innovation. Look at all the "wasted" space on the Q10...

Why not have the frets between the keys serve as a slider for text selection? What about the space on either side of the phone?

What if holding ALT kept the cursor in place and allowed me to move the entire screen to place the text I want at the cursor? This way I don't "cover up" with my thumb the target for my cursor.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:43 PM
    Go buy an iPhone you filthy casual. Some people need a work tool.
    It's talk like this that put blackberry in the sh***er. White collars these days...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:55 PM
    OP I like your concept idea btw. I can't say that I'm a fan of BlackBerry going back in time to bring back the physical buttons. Instead of wasting screen space to put the buttons back in, they should just have a smaller bezel with a virtual trackpad. More screen space + a trackpad = a bunch of happy whinners

Posted via CB10
    AhDucatti likes this.
    03-05-14 05:03 PM
    I know, right? It's like using freaking keyboards on desktops. Oh wait.
    03-05-14 10:32 PM
    OP I like your concept idea btw. I can't say that I'm a fan of BlackBerry going back in time to bring back the physical buttons. Instead of wasting screen space to put the buttons back in, they should just have a smaller bezel with a virtual trackpad. More screen space + a trackpad = a bunch of happy whinners

Posted via CB10
    yea !! Bring back the menu and return buttons while providing more screen space that a perfect idea and that we need in the future devices.
    03-06-14 12:08 AM
57 123