I wouldn't mind picking one up to have as a backup to my Priv. How likely is it that there would be a price drop?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-17-16 11:25 AM
    l use a Classic as a back up for my Priv. Purchased CDMA Verizon Classic on ebay about a year ago.

at the time price was $75 below Verizon's. Phone was new, with Verizon logo.

if you want phone solely as back up, strongly recommend looking on ebay and Amazon.

03-17-16 11:35 AM
    l use a Classic as a back up for my Priv. Purchased CDMA Verizon Classic on ebay about a year ago.

at the time price was $75 below Verizon's. Phone was new, with Verizon logo.

if you want phone solely as back up, strongly recommend looking on ebay and Amazon.

I second this. Good advice. I did the same and got a mint Classic with all original accessories for $150. Just buy from a reputable seller that has good feedback. You almost can't go wrong on eBay anymore since they have all the buyer protection. Great way to get a good phone with very little risk.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:29 PM
    Did your used devices have any issues with double typing? That would be one of my biggest worries. To have that sort of issue turn up and not have insurance to fall back on.

Fluidly from Verizon Priv!
    03-18-16 08:12 PM
    Mine did not. I use it as my daily driver (at least until I try the Priv) and have never had any issues with it. Very easy to type on, fantastic battery life, and great call quality. All functions meet or exceed my expectations.

Also, if you buy from eBay and a problem with the phone was not disclosed in the description, you have the buyer protection to fall back on. Just make sure to thoroughly put the phone through its paces when you get it. If there is a problem, contact the seller first. If they are unwilling to resolve it, that's when you open a case with eBay and the seller will have to resolve the issue or you will receive a full refund. Amazingly, the time allotted to open a case is 45 days. I think that's crazy on electronic items, but I don't make the rules.

Anyway, short story is if you have a defective phone sent to you, you're covered. Only thing you'd be out is time. As I mentioned in my first post, just make sure to buy from a reputable seller. Won't totally eliminate the possibility of a problem but it will lessen the chance of one arising intentionally. Sellers fight to keep the feedback ratings up. I speak from experience...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 10:28 AM
    I wouldn't mind picking one up to have as a backup to my Priv. How likely is it that there would be a price drop?

So, what's your opinion of the Priv? I'm still on the fence about getting one...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 10:45 AM
    I've been thumbing the Classic since it came to Verizon. The Priv + Classic sounds like a good combination though.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    03-19-16 01:55 PM
    [QUOTE=mmcclure0453;12328483]So, what's your opinion of the Priv? I'm still on the fence about getting one...

It's actually a really nice phone! Screen is crisp and clear. The keyboard (for me) has been the best I've typed on a Berry thus far. I haven't tried the passport, so I can't speak for the keyboard, but I have used the Classic and Q10 recently. It's a zippy phone. I fly around the OS and for it being an Android, that's great. No noticeable lag. Slider mechanism is solid and feels wonderful to move. There is some excitement & satisfaction every time I know I'm going to use the PK cause I get to hear the smoothness of the slider as it clicks into place. The PK is evenly lit, which is a relief. Battery is decent! Gets me through a 12hr day with moderate usage. Call quality is excellent! No static or noise while listening/speaking. I can honestly say this is my favorite phone that I've owned to date. It's really a joy to use. I know the price tag is on the high-end, but when you feel the solid construction of the phone, it feels worth the money. I haven't had any issues with it thus far. The back did get a little warm during certain setup, but it wasn't unbearable to use. I've read a lot of the complaints about the phone and don't feel like a lot of them are justified. I almost passed on the phone because of the harsh reviews and I'm glad I didn't because this is really one great piece of kit. If you get a chance to mess around with one in store or can buy it with a trial period, I really recommend it. I doubt you would really be dissatisfied.

Fluidly from my Verizon Priv!
    03-19-16 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the review. I have had an opportunity to go to a Verizon store and mess with the Priv a little. Felt like a well built phone.

I too was ready to pass on the Priv due to the critical reviews. I'm finding there are a lot of positive reviews for it too. Especially on Verizon's sight.

I think I'm gonna order one next weekend and see how it does over the 14 day trial period.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the review. I have had an opportunity to go to a Verizon store and mess with the Priv a little. Felt like a well built phone.

I too was ready to pass on the Priv due to the critical reviews. I'm finding there are a lot of positive reviews for it too. Especially on Verizon's sight.

I think I'm gonna order one next weekend and see how it does over the 14 day trial period.

Posted via CB10
    Wish you the best in your trials! It's a delight to use. You really do need at least a week of use to feel comfortable. Especially, if you are coming from a previous Berry. If you do pull the trigger, let me know what you think about it.

Fluidly from my Verizon Priv!
    03-19-16 09:45 PM