09-05-14 11:31 AM
32 12
tools
    Hello Urban,
    Any chance they might have included any other physical functions? i.e. convenience key, HDMI or contact points?
    Hey! Based on everything I've seen, it doesn't look like there will be a convenience key. However, I have heard some rumors around customizable hotkeys.

The USB port has been moved to the bottom which is nice, and can possibly used for docking stations. For this reason, I doubt we'll see contact points. It hasn't been used on any BB10 device to my understanding. On some iterations of the Z30, they have gone to Qi wireless charging. The Passport will have it too, so there's a better chance of that than contact points IMO.

HDMI seems unlikely, unless they go with a similar solution to the Passport with the all in one combo port. That would be nice.

Having said that, things can change until launch.
    Mr4aces and Carrtman like this.
    09-03-14 01:32 PM
    Hey! Based on everything I've seen, it doesn't look like there will be a convenience key. However, I have heard some rumors around customizable hotkeys.

The USB port has been moved to the bottom which is nice, and can possibly used for docking stations. For this reason, I doubt we'll see contact points. It hasn't been used on any BB10 device to my understanding. On some iterations of the Z30, they have gone to Qi wireless charging. The Passport will have it too, so there's a better chance of that than contact points IMO.

HDMI seems unlikely, unless they go with a similar solution to the Passport with the all in one combo port. That would be nice.

Having said that, things can change until launch.

Great News.
    Thanks for the insight!
    09-03-14 02:54 PM
    I hope with this delay they have time to think over the decision to make the Classic so weak spec and feature-wise.

There could be 2 tiers of Classic, something cheap like the curve for low level enterprise deployment and cheap consumer plans, and then a deluxe version like the 9900 thats meant for people (business or consumers) that are willing to spend more.

I think the toolbelt device(s) will be the best selling BB10 phone(s).

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:50 AM
    There could be 2 tiers of Classic, something cheap like the curve for low level enterprise deployment and cheap consumer plans, and then a deluxe version like the 9900 thats meant for people (business or consumers) that are willing to spend more.
    Seems to me you're describing the combination Q20/Classic and Q5 (or whatever comes next for cheap QWERTY)?
    idssteve likes this.
    09-04-14 10:20 AM
    Seems to me you're describing the combination Q20/Classic and Q5 (or whatever comes next for cheap QWERTY)?
    Yes but my point is that both phones should have the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 12:15 PM
    There's a chance the Classic could still be announced November and roll out in Dec/Jan to various carriers. A lot of our answers should be answered this month with 10.3.1 beta (delayed from Aug) and various announcements relating to the Passport and possibly from the earnings report on Sep 26. Last quarter was the only time we have ever seen pictures of the physical Classic in Chen's hands.

They definitely made some changes along the way with the Q10 specs to the Z30 internals being used according to the leaks. I'm curious to see what else has changed. I'm kinda hoping they changed the backing material that we saw prior.

Attachment 295155
    I'm hoping that they "rethink" the keyboard and use the ergonomic style keyboard from the 9900...still the best keyboard ever!!
    Mr4aces, phuoc and idssteve like this.
    09-04-14 06:45 PM
    Best folks to answer this question, outside of BlackBerry, are the carrier based testers. If you know of any, bug them for info..

Late November, or probably more like early December. Just in time to make it eligible for our Christmas lists...

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    09-05-14 11:31 AM
32 12