It appears the 10.3.1 SDK has been delayed by a few weeks according to Russell Andrade. The roadmap will be updated soon to reflect this.

This could mean the Classic was delayed as well, but not sure.

Possible Classic Delay?-andrade.jpg
    08-27-14 10:46 AM
    Not sure. Pessimist says Classic/10.3.1 delay. Optimist says gold, Classic and general release still on schedule.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:50 AM
    Not sure. Pessimist says Classic/10.3.1 delay. Optimist says gold, Classic and general release still on schedule.

Posted via CB10
    We've waited 3 yrs. What's another 3 wks? Better to get it right than to get it quick, IMO.

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to tag this onto Thurask. Wrong button.
    Mr4aces and app_Developer like this.
    08-27-14 11:09 AM
    I would hope everything is still on track. Chen has been saying November for the Classic, so I imagine that will be the soft launch / announcement and it will roll out to different carrier releases over the weeks/months after.
    08-27-14 11:20 AM
    Who is this guy Andrade?
    08-27-14 11:26 AM
    Who is this guy Andrade?
    He is the BlackBerry product manager and focuses on the native SDK.
    gnirkatto and Mr4aces like this.
    08-27-14 11:39 AM
    Expecting this to be announced in November - hopefully available in November as well, but we'll see.
    08-27-14 12:52 PM
    Who is this guy Andrade?
    Any relation to Mario, as in Porsche. Just kidding:-) bad joke, I know.
    08-27-14 01:20 PM
    most likely be end of November launch and that is if we get lucky, they announced the classic in march I think it was
    08-27-14 06:25 PM
    still impatiently waiting for it, why so long? they said nothing about passport but it will be out first? wtf
    08-27-14 06:26 PM
    Blackberry to launch two new handsets - The Hindu

The Passport, whose name is in line with its passport-like dimensions, comes with a 4.5-inch square screen, and is expected to be launched first in September, while the Classic that will bring back the famous BlackBerry trackball back to the devices from the smartphone maker, is likely to be launched in December.

“There is an exciting pipeline of devices from BlackBerry later this year, including Passport and Classic. Both devices will be available in India within the next 2-4 months,” BlackBerry India Director (Distribution) Sameer Bhatia Director said. Mr. Bhatia said, “We continue to make significant headway on our plan to return BlackBerry to growth and profitability.”
    nomi1978 likes this.
    08-27-14 09:59 PM
    We've waited 3 yrs. What's another 3 wks? Better to get it right than to get it quick, IMO.

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to tag this onto Thurask. Wrong button.
    BlackBerry delaying something probably has more to do with incompetence, than them making it better. The software updates have been delayed, BBM was delayed, and now the Classic.
    dejanh likes this.
    08-29-14 10:05 PM
    BlackBerry delaying something probably has more to do with incompetence, than them making it better. The software updates have been delayed, BBM was delayed, and now the Classic.
    If only they had you on their team, then their problems would all be solved. Is there like an email address or someone we can notify them of their folly??
    08-30-14 02:23 AM
    We have been accustomed to delays with BlackBerry haven't we? It should come as no surprise if there is another. A name change could happen again "Delayberry" perhaps

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    spork141 and Mr4aces like this.
    08-30-14 02:32 AM
    does anyone know if Verizon is going to carry the Classic?
    08-30-14 08:16 AM
    does anyone know if Verizon is going to carry the Classic?
    In that article on the benchmark scores of the Classic, it was running on the Verizon network so that's a good sign Verizon will have it being it's getting tested on their network.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-30-14 09:50 AM
    If they are smart they won't let the holiday season go without releasing this beauty
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-31-14 03:12 AM
    Good to know about Verizon. It's not readily obvious from the pictures shown on the N4BB site that the supposed Classic is running on Verizon. Since I can't post URLs, the referencing N4BB article is below, with reference in that article to the Primatelabs Geekbench scores.

Apparently the VZW in the Processor ID is what is drawing conclusions that the benchmark was run on a phone with a Verizon specific firmware or radio image.

N4BB article title = BlackBerry Classic Internal Specs Outed By Geekbench Browser Scores
    Specific URL string at primatelabs = geekbench3/694262

Processor ID: MSM8960_V3.2.1.1_F_CLASSICVZW_Rev:07
    08-31-14 09:16 AM
    As John Chen said in an interview earlier this year. If he could get the Classic out this week he would but the tool belt is turning out to be harder to incorporate into the BlackBerry 10 OS than he expected.

I have a feeling BlackBerry will launch these following devices in Q4 2014:

BlackBerry Passport
    BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9983
    BlackBerry Z20 aka Z3 LTE

Then early 2015 around late Jan BlackBerry Classic with a BlackBerry "Z40" Flagship touch device in March.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel)
    09-01-14 03:15 PM
    I will be glad when the classic gets release on Verizon because I am tired of being a wall hugger on a blackberry curve.
    09-01-14 03:36 PM
    If only they had you on their team, then their problems would all be solved. Is there like an email address or someone we can notify them of their folly??
    Yeah I'll send it to you immediately. I just hope your phone can open it because it'll require a lot of cpu.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:27 PM
    Yeah I'll send it to you immediately. I just hope your phone can open it because it'll require a lot of cpu.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, I'll find a way, they need your help ASAP.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-01-14 06:31 PM
    There's a chance the Classic could still be announced November and roll out in Dec/Jan to various carriers. A lot of our answers should be answered this month with 10.3.1 beta (delayed from Aug) and various announcements relating to the Passport and possibly from the earnings report on Sep 26. Last quarter was the only time we have ever seen pictures of the physical Classic in Chen's hands.

They definitely made some changes along the way with the Q10 specs to the Z30 internals being used according to the leaks. I'm curious to see what else has changed. I'm kinda hoping they changed the backing material that we saw prior.

Possible Classic Delay?-bqsiekucqaiydoe.png
    Qaddafi likes this.
    09-01-14 11:12 PM
    There's a chance the Classic could still be announced November and roll out in Dec/Jan to various carriers. A lot of our answers should be answered this month with 10.3.1 beta (delayed from Aug) and various announcements relating to the Passport and possibly from the earnings report on Sep 26. Last quarter was the only time we have ever seen pictures of the physical Classic in Chen's hands.

They definitely made some changes along the way with the Q10 specs to the Z30 internals being used according to the leaks. I'm curious to see what else has changed. I'm kinda hoping they changed the backing material that we saw prior.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BqsiekUCQAIydOE.png 
Views:	850 
Size:	531.3 KB 
ID:	295155
    Hello Urban,
    Any chance they might have included any other physical functions? i.e. convenience key, HDMI or contact points?
    09-02-14 04:05 PM
    Timing is really critical for the release of Classic. Since Passport's release is still fresh when Classic is launched, it better be the best it can be to shake off the Passport craze at that time. But we still have to see since nothing yet is sure. 09-24. Let's wait and see
    09-03-14 11:23 AM
32 12