My space bar is kind of loose and not as responsive as other keys, and I noticed left and right side of the spacebar are almost unclickable that only middle part works with good feedback. Sometimes it feels like stuck while typing although it's not, and It's just the inexplicable feeling that it's not right.
    Is this normal ? Because my 9900 never had any issue with space bar and it's still clicking remarkably considering how many years.
    Is anyone else having the same issue?
    I should get it changed right?
    I just hate the idea of losing it for weeks or even months.
    I felt in love deeply the moment I opened the box, and I'm not ready to say bye to her yet, not even momentarily.
    What should I do guys? Any suggestions?
    Please help me.

PS: I never had a Q10, but I found some links about Q10 spacebar, and it might be the same issue.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ce-bar-814991/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ar-key-803201/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-835803/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ce-bar-915194/
    12-20-14 11:49 PM
    Same here. Loose space bar. Pretty annoying. My Q10 had a solid space bar. I'm debating whether to exchange this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-21-14 12:19 AM
    I'm calling 1-877-552-5532 try to find out my options.
    You should give them a ring too.
    12-21-14 01:00 AM
    This sounds very familiar. I had two Qs that had this issue. All built at Mexico 5. The Passport's spacebar is not having any of those issues by now.

Hope those that have the problem get a replacement device fast.

FWIW

Posted via CB10 using an awesome Passport
    12-21-14 01:23 AM
    Had three new q10s thy rebooted with a slight hump.

No space bar issue in my new classic. Feels sturdy in hand.
    12-21-14 02:10 AM
    I remember some Q10s had such an issue, I'd send it back to get a replacement. The keyboard is one of the main features of this phone, if something bothers you there, you should get it fixed. Especially on a new device!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:06 AM
    Space bar feels and works like all the other keyskeys on my Classic I'd call the warranty dept.
    12-21-14 05:44 AM
    Following
    12-21-14 06:50 AM
    FOLLOW UP
    One nice lady answered my call and required general info and the issue, then I was transferred to tech department, and they gave me a ref number.
    I was told they will get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, because they are having technical difficulties since classic just released they can't find my pin in their system.
    I'm satisfied with their service in general, and I'm still waiting for the response.
    12-21-14 11:51 AM
    FOLLOW UP
    One nice lady answered my call and required general info and the issue, then I was transferred to tech department, and they gave me a ref number.
    I was told they will get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, because they are having technical difficulties since classic just released they can't find my pin in their system.
    I'm satisfied with their service in general, and I'm still waiting for the response.
    I'm pretty sure there's not much they can do. It's a hardware issue where the spacebar isn't "glued" well. Manufacturer defect -- as some have solid buttons, some don't. The only path is an exchange for another unit.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:36 AM
    Kind of having the same issue. Spacebar feels like it's moving around a bit more than it should. It's the only thing bugging me. Everything else is great.

It doesn't seem to be affecting the keyboard in any way so I don't know it it's something to worry about. I'd hate to exchange for a device with other potential issues. Is it possible the Spacebar may cease to work or the key start to fall off?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:25 AM
    My classic has none of the above issues.

Hope they replace it for you.

Posted via CB10
    kwatkins66 likes this.
    12-22-14 09:49 AM
    My Classic feels solid, thank goodness.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    kwatkins66 likes this.
    12-22-14 04:16 PM
    I just HATE it because I use space key on edges like the way I do on my 9900, and now I hardly can use it on both sides or I have to press twice hard, only middle part works perfectly and gives the exact same amount feedback like all other keys. The damn space key drags me out of my typing harmony often, that I have to slide my thumbs to middle then press, because the different feedbacks slow down my speed and mess up my confidence.
    When I touch all other keys it feels really solid, but when I touch gently or slide my finger tip over space key it wobbles a little and squeaks ( very quietly ).
    I HAVE to get it exchanged.

I called them again today, 1-877-255-2377 is the tech support number if you have ticket / ref # already, I was assured by a rep my case's been expedited and they still have no update. I just hope I don't have to wait the second batch.
    Both times I wasn't on hold for long, and they are courteous and genuine try to help. I'm satisfied with the service so far.

Stilling waiting.
    12-22-14 08:30 PM
    I received an email checking if I'm available then a phone call, and I gave them my CC number as deposit, finally my new replacement classic is one the way.
    Over all it took approximate 96 hours to solve my issue, which is very impressive considering holidays and new phone release, and I am a satisfied customer.
    Of course not as satisfied as getting a perfect phone at first, but hey, as Chen said it " We listened , and we delivered."
    Blackberry had a really rough time and now it's trying to climb back on the horse, as a long time customer I will be supportive, understanding and patient.

Mr.Chen
    Lead the way
    I'm with ya
    kwatkins66 likes this.
    12-25-14 12:23 AM
    Mine had the same issue, the spacebar key is noticeably loose compared to all other keys. I was quite frustrated and decided to get it replaced. Now the replaced phone has a perfect spacebar and keyboard Before you go buy a Classic just make sure you check all keys esp. Spacebar, small tip here but useful

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:37 AM
    Ditto here.... the space bar on my Classic is not tight like other keys. It rattles at times. And not tight like my Q10. LOVED the Q10 keypad. Was tight yet fluid. Similar to other member replying up above, keypads are often the main draw for those of us who choose blackberry. I am going back to dealer to discuss. I also bought addl warranty as sadly, both my Q10 and Torch before it had problems after before the 2 year mark... though I can't say it wasn't drop-damage... who knows. Will update post when I find out.
    01-24-15 06:23 PM
    My classic also encounter space bar issue. Not as solid as other buttons. Feel disappointing on this classic spacebar.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:47 AM
    My classic also encounter space bar issue. Not as solid as other buttons. Feel disappointing on this classic spacebar.

Posted via CB10
    Get it replaced as soon as possible.
    01-25-15 08:05 AM
    I know exactly what you're referring to, OP. My 9900 spacebar always clicked regardless of where you pressed on it. The first keyboard in my Q10 was very 'spotty' if you pressed on the right end of it. Sometimes it would click and sometimes it would be an unclickable dead press.

I bought a replacement keyboard, and it didn't have that issue. I later rebuilt the original keyboard and fixed the issue on it as well. So I suspect you'll get a nice replacement.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:07 PM
    No issues on my classic atm...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 05:59 PM
    No rattling or lose keys on my device. Definitely a warranty issue on your device

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-25-15 11:44 PM
    Ok, went to cell dealer and compared the floor model to my Classic that I had for maybe 3 - 4 weeks. Space bar on floor model was way tighter and smoother. So, sent mine in for repair and Telus (or Blackberry) replaced it. Again, the spacebar on new phone WAY tighter. The former Classic was definitely getting loose and sloppy in no time at all. I am going to watch this one closely and if loosens, will send back again.... and again, and again, and again.

While my phone was away, I reactivated my Q10 to use as a temporary phone. Was quickly reminded of how good the keyboard was. But Q10 was so freakin' glitchy. Double-letters constantly, and a few other annoyances. So am happy with the classic other than the spacebar issue which I hope is resolved for good.
    02-13-15 04:57 PM
    Q10's that came out of the Mexico 5 plant had this issue. I returned two Q's before I got one that hadn't any issues with the spacebar.

My Classic and the Passport don't have any of those issues [yet].

FWIW

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 05:12 PM