View Poll Results: What should the back of the Classic look like in your opinion

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass Weave No Band

5 17.86%
  • Glass Weave with Band

9 32.14%
  • Updated Bold-esque Back

9 32.14%
  • How Chen Showed it

5 17.86%
    Is classic premium? Or is it to get mass contracts from enterprise?
    This is the crucial point that people seem to be overlooking here, classic is not a premium device, it is a mainstream workhorse of a product intended to sell in numbers especially to businesses that are clinging onto their existing bbos devices.
    06-21-14 04:40 AM
    This is the crucial point that people seem to be overlooking here, classic is not a premium device, it is a mainstream workhorse of a product intended to sell in numbers especially to businesses that are clinging onto their existing bbos devices.
    Source? I don't remember Chen ever saying the Classic is a low end device.
    In fact, in the following press release they refer to it as a flagship device...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ann...blackberry-q20
    th.1977 likes this.
    06-21-14 03:43 PM
    I've seen it, what about it?.........

Edit: Oh, and BTW lui, I forgot to mention this before, but you actually don't want them to use real carbon fiber. Carbon fiber would act like a faraday cage since it is a conductive material and would actually interfere with the phone's reception... That's why they went with "glass weave" because it's similar to carbon fiber in that it is strands woven together like a fabric, but they use glass strands. So it's like a mix between fiberglass and carbon fiber... It's basically a carbon fiber that will not interfere with your reception. And fiberglass is stronger than sheet metal by weight, so the glass weave battery door of the Q10 is technically stronger than a sheet metal battery door of the same weight...
    It is literally this

[POLL]Glass Weave on the Classic-classic_back.jpg

vs

[POLL]Glass Weave on the Classic-dsc_3530-copy.jpg
    06-22-14 02:04 AM
    It is literally this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classic_back.JPG 
Views:	466 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	279588

vs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3530 copy.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	279589
    I don't get it, where do you get any idea that I haven't seen the Classic's current back??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-22-14 02:42 AM
    I'm a 100% sure they're not giving us a choice over the back cover. BlackBerry has to and will make decisions like this for us.

I like the rubber back on my z10 but I prefer the glass weave look on the q10.
    Please no leather for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 03:46 AM

I like the rubber back on my z10 but I prefer the glass weave look on the q10.
    Please no leather for me.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto.

Rockin' a Q10 - Z10 combo
    06-22-14 07:18 AM
    I'd reluctantly vote for glass weave.

Despite it's appearance, the Z10's back grips really well in actual service. A device the size of the Q20 might need all the grip your hand can get. ?

On the other hand (literally ), the glass backs are easier to clean and actually "stick" to bare fingers surprisingly well. They also seem to slide in-out holsters & pockets a little easier, IMO. Good for holsters. Maybe not so good for pockets. .

I can see where "pocketeers" might want better grip to their pockets but I always use holsters so glass gets my vote.

Since customers, coworkers, management, etc will mostly see the back side of your device from across the meeting table, glass also gets my vote for aesthetics.

Slagman is right, tho, carbon fiber faraday shields have their place but glass is better for this app, IMO.

In the end, a removable back preserves options for the user.
    06-22-14 08:50 AM
    I'd reluctantly vote for glass weave.

Despite it's appearance, the Z10's back grips really well in actual service. A device the size of the Q20 might need all the grip your hand can get. ?

On the other hand (literally ), the glass backs are easier to clean and actually "stick" to bare fingers surprisingly well. They also seem to slide in-out holsters & pockets a little easier, IMO. Good for holsters. Maybe not so good for pockets. .

I can see where "pocketeers" might want better grip to their pockets but I always use holsters so glass gets my vote.

Since customers, coworkers, management, etc will mostly see the back side of your device from across the meeting table, glass also gets my vote for aesthetics.

Slagman is right, tho, carbon fiber faraday shields have their place but glass is better for this app, IMO.

In the end, a removable back preserves options for the user.
    I think that the coating the weave has on it is plenty grippy ebough comparing both Z10 and Q10 I like the way the Q feels better

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 02:01 PM
33 12