Is there any way to lock the keyboard like on previous models so to prevent pocket dialing?
    Just use the power button on top to wake the phone.
    03-14-15 06:18 AM
    Set a password for your device.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:34 AM
    Pocket dial keyboard-listening.jpg

 Classic
    03-14-15 09:13 AM
    Pressing the K key for half a second should do the trick.

From a Classic
    kitmo likes this.
    03-14-15 09:22 AM
    There is a new app called PocketSafe now
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:23 PM
    Agree with Pocketsafe! Great app. Check it out!

Passport on ATT
    07-29-15 09:58 AM
    Locking it will prevent the pocket dialing, but it may still be possible to be accidentally turned off or restarted.
    I keep mine in my front pocket and solved this with a leather sleeve. Works great and adds nothing to the phone so it will still glide in and out easily of even not so loose jeans.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:31 AM
    Is it also protecting from turning the phone off by accident? Because that seems to be the only thing happening to me on a regular basis...

edit: nevermind, I should just read the latest posts too...
    07-29-15 10:37 AM
    Pocketsafe only locked the screen on mine, not the tool belt or keyboard. Apps will open, screen shots taken etc, all with keyboard presses.
    07-29-15 03:03 PM
    Meh.
    Attached Thumbnails Pocket dial keyboard-listening.jpg  
    07-29-15 03:22 PM
    Pressing the K key for half a second should do the trick.

From a Classic
    This doesn't lock the keyboard. The number keys will still activate the screen.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-30-15 01:08 PM
    Get a holster! Classic goes in standby / screen switch off when you put it in the holster.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-30-15 01:13 PM
    Get a holster! Classic goes in standby / screen switch off when you put it in the holster.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    And comes out of standby before it is halfway out when removing. If you are not careful you end calls, take screen shots or open apps. I lock the phone with the top button and put the phone in the holster upside down.
    08-01-15 06:07 AM
    Pocketsafe only locked the screen on mine, not the tool belt or keyboard. Apps will open, screen shots taken etc, all with keyboard presses.
    Not true, at least not on my Passport. When the screen is locked you can still press the keys but nothing can happen on the locked screen.

However, some people seem to be irritated when the screen unexpectedly locks, ie the pop up appears, when they are texting or doing other things on the phone.

When using PocketSafe, to prevent getting the pop up every time your hand passes close to the sensor you can use battery saving mode. Swipe down from top of screen and you will see the Settings button. Turn on battery saving mode. With this option turned on the app will only function if it detects a close object within 10 seconds after the screen turns on. That will solve your problem. However, with battery saving on, your screen must be turned off before putting the phone in your pocket. Otherwise you will not be protected from pocket dialing until your screen turns off automatically, which may never happen if it begins pocket dialing right after it goes in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:42 PM