I've searched forums and read how good the pouch is and how much users like it. But can someone please actually state why they prefer the pouch? What's the best feature? Is it annoying to take in and out when receiving messages or calls? Will it fit in a buttoned shirt pocket? Etc.

Thanks,

O_T16

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 10:38 PM
    I always wanted to write a short review, yet I actually simply forgot about it.

So here it goes:

The BlackBerry Classic itself intends to bring traditional BlackBerry features like trackpad and toolbelt back to BB10, while of course keeping the traditional 4-row keyboard people learned to love. Another traditional, or "classic" item for BlackBerry users fortunatly also comes back: The leather pouch. Back in good ole' Bold days, it came bundled with the legacy devices. Today you'll need to buy it afterwards.

The pouch comes in a small package, wraped in some plastic. The outside of the pouch looks and feels just like all those previous variants: Leather is of ok quality, stitching is decent, the silver "BB" logo is right on the front, while you have the signature red stitch on the upper right side. On the back you have the BlackBerry name imprinted.

On the inside, you have a dark grey microfiber inlay, which protects the device and also has a light cleaning effect. Compared to previous pouches there are good and bad news. The good: It is better than the Q10, which wasn't padded at all. Now the front part, where the screen is located, has a decent padding for additional protection.
    The bad: It still is not as nicely padded as for example the Bold 9900/9930 pouches.
    When inserted, the area above the "BlackBerry" writing on the device is not covered, so you still can easily see your notification LED. Of course the pouch has a sleeping magnet, which not only sets the phone on standby when putting it in and wakes it up after pulling it out, but you can also take advantage of the "holster" settings of BB10.

The pouch doesn't add much bulk or weight to the Classic, so unless your Classic has a *very* tight fit in one of your pockets, you won't have any problems fitting this combo anywhere. I'd say it fits wherever a "naked" Classic fits too.

A drawback which can't really be traced back to the pouch itself, but rather to a slight design flaw with the Classic. To get the device out, you usually grab the top corners and pull the phone out. Now on the Classic the volume rockers are placed higher compared to previous device like the Q10. Instead of having enough flat area to grab the phone, you quickly end up on the rounded top corner, which of course has a negative effect on your grip.
    It helps to push against the bottom of the pouch to raise the device before pulling it out.

At the end of the day, the OEM leather pocket is a viable companion for Classic users, who liked this way of protection on their previous 'Berrys. While inserted, the device is decently protected and you still can use the phone "naked". It looks good, the quality is great considering the rather small pricetag. Only downside is, as mentioned, getting the phone out of the pocket is not as convenient due to the higher placement of the volume buttons.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    02-12-15 11:57 PM
    Here is mine. Got it around US$6

It's not the best. But I use it everyday.

Please review the leather pouch case-img_20150213_163451.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:36 AM

So here it goes:

The BlackBerry Classic itself intends to bring traditional BlackBerry features like trackpad and toolbelt back to BB10, while of course keeping the traditional 4-row keyboard people learned to love. Another traditional, or "classic" item for BlackBerry users fortunatly also comes back: The leather pouch. Back in good ole' Bold days, it came bundled with the legacy devices. Today you'll need to buy it afterwards.

The pouch comes in a small package, wraped in some plastic. The outside of the pouch looks and feels just like all those previous variants: Leather is of ok quality, stitching is decent, the silver "BB" logo is right on the front, while you have the signature red stitch on the upper right side. On the back you have the BlackBerry name imprinted.

On the inside, you have a dark grey microfiber inlay, which protects the device and also has a light cleaning effect. Compared to previous pouches there are good and bad news. The good: It is better than the Q10, which wasn't padded at all. Now the front part, where the screen is located, has a decent padding for additional protection.
    The bad: It still is not as nicely padded as for example the Bold 9900/9930 pouches.
    When inserted, the area above the "BlackBerry" writing on the device is not covered, so you still can easily see your notification LED. Of course the pouch has a sleeping magnet, which not only sets the phone on standby when putting it in and wakes it up after pulling it out, but you can also take advantage of the "holster" settings of BB10.

The pouch doesn't add much bulk or weight to the Classic, so unless your Classic has a *very* tight fit in one of your pockets, you won't have any problems fitting this combo anywhere. I'd say it fits wherever a "naked" Classic fits too.

A drawback which can't really be traced back to the pouch itself, but rather to a slight design flaw with the Classic. To get the device out, you usually grab the top corners and pull the phone out. Now on the Classic the volume rockers are placed higher compared to previous device like the Q10. Instead of having enough flat area to grab the phone, you quickly end up on the rounded top corner, which of course has a negative effect on your grip.
    It helps to push against the bottom of the pouch to raise the device before pulling it out.

At the end of the day, the OEM leather pocket is a viable companion for Classic users, who liked this way of protection on their previous 'Berrys. While inserted, the device is decently protected and you still can use the phone "naked". It looks good, the quality is great considering the rather small pricetag. Only downside is, as mentioned, getting the phone out of the pocket is not as convenient due to the higher placement of the volume buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! Thanks for the excellent, well said review. I will definitely consider buying the pouch now :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 05:24 AM
    Good review above. It is a nice product but the issue of hitting the volume rocker when gripping to pull the phone out is annoying. Also one handed extraction from a pocket is impossible. On the plus side it does stop dust build up on the keyboard in your pocket, which may or may not help to prevent problems over time.
    One additional observation I'd make is that there's an annoyingly large label stitched to the inside of the pouch which looks like it could potentially scratch or at least scuff the silver bezel. I tried to cut mine out but it's virtually impossible. Maybe I'm worried about nothing but it's ugly if nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 06:00 AM
    I find myself pressing the top volume button when pulling it out of the case. The case has a tendency to easily press the bottom volume button, so the first time I used the case, I had a ton of screenshots of my homescreen saved, all of a sudden. Kind of annoying. Doesn't even come with the phone either, like it did with my Bold 9000 and 9900.
    02-13-15 06:13 AM
    The review above is good and reflects my experience.
    I was worried about it possibly adding bulk, but it doesn't. I keep my phone in my the front pocket of my jeans with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 06:50 AM
    I bought and waiting for the Seidio spring. I bought it for my passport and love it. Was about to sell the passport because of no good cases.

Usually I use shirt pocket but when I don't have any this helps me carrying the phone. Plus it has the magnet feature.
    I prefer this one vs leather because the latter gets worn out in a few months.
    The leather one for the passport is ridiculously priced $169.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:03 AM

So here it goes:

...... Only downside is, as mentioned, getting the phone out of the pocket is not as convenient due to the higher placement of the volume buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Put the Q20 in upside down with screen facing the inside.

I once slammed the leather case in the car door when I had the case in my coat pocket. After that I never leave the house without a case.

No worries no damage.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:50 AM