Months ago, when I first got the Blackberry Classic, I was able to install Play Store and get certain apps to work, that do not require Google Play Services. For those that required Play Services, I first tried the Lucky Patcher, available last fall, but gave up as it didn't work. I've since spent hours trying to get Apps to work that normally require Google Play Services. I've been to the Cobalt landing page and downloaded everything required including Google Account Manager, Blackberry Google ID., Google Play Services (Google Settings), Google Play Games, and Play Services Patcher - all the latest versions as of March 6, 2016. I've tried unsuccessfully to install Play Services Patcher on my Blackberry Classic, but it won't let me unzip it. Moving the downloaded file to any location only gives the message: "cannot upzip to a read only file". I've read the comments about installing Play Services Patcher to my computer, and done so. I've confirmed that the correct java.exe path is shown. It is still not working. Can I please have clear instructions on how to proceed further? Is it actually the case that Play Services Patcher cannot be unzipped and installed directly on the Classic? If it is possible, please explain how. If it cannot be installed on the phone, please explain how to work with it on my computer, and phone. Bottom line: I cannot believe how cumbersome it seems to be to get this done. Please help. Thanks very much. gbfraser
    03-06-16 04:53 PM
    Play Service Patcher is installed on your PC, not on your phone or a Mac. You need to read the first post in Cobalt's Patching thread. The instructions there are very clear and straight forward.
    You might want to post your issue there and with what Windows version your running.
    Here is the link to the first post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10118742
    Play Service Patcher is installed on your PC, not on your phone or a Mac. You need to read the first post in Cobalt's Patching thread. The instructions there are very clear and straight forward.
    You might want to post your issue there and with what Windows version your running.
    Here is the link to the first post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10118742
    03-06-16 05:10 PM
    Install play service patcher on your window pc and connect your device with pc, open zip file on pc, u can show the browse option on play service patcher than u browse the selected app which u want to patch than click analize apk , than show pl wait...than click continue,than u get message successfully pathed,than go path..than ...out folder ..than un install selected original app from your device.(home screen and device memory booth).than copy the patch app from pc to device and on file manager device memory select the pathed app and install it.if success pl inform me.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:31 PM
    The instructions were far from clear to me but then again the advice and program offered were free.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 12:40 AM
    The instructions were far from clear to me but then again the advice and program offered were free.

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt has done a tremendous job in making Google Play accessible to BB10 users and also in making BlackBerry Priv apps accessible to Android users.

I have found his fixes and recommendations to be methodical and quite easy to follow and although they are freely available he does accept donations and I would encourage any who make use of his works to contribute.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-07-16 01:07 AM