So, heading to my first concert with the Classic and won't like I'm feeling nervous about how my pictures are going to come out.

Over the last 2 years I've had a S4, and it killed it, even in low lighting, it'd adjust and do amazing. Never downloaded any secondary apps (except for instasize) but never need to do any adjusting, just focus and shoot and my results were pretty clear. Even the video was on point and the autofocus worked marvelous.

As for my Classic, what have your guys experience been since having the phone? I've snapped a few here and there and they came out alright. But in the dark, stage setting, not sure what to expect and I really like to capture my concerts. Any suggestions on what to tweak on here? What apps have you guys used to bring the most out of your pictures and videos?

Thanks guys.
    01-29-15 10:27 AM
    IMO dim to dark settings turn out very poor. Very grainy.

Works ok when in flash distance but with no flash, ick.

Take a better camera with you that you know takes good low light shots.
    01-29-15 12:50 PM
    Yup, don't even put yourself thru the aggravation. This phone sports dated hardware and that includes the camera my friend. But we all knew that going in... at least I did. Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:03 AM
    Hate to say it, but IMO all phones are sh*t in such poor light conditions like concerts. Sensor are too small, lenses are too poor, settings are sub-optimal. Even my ex Lumia 1020, which is popular due to the rather large sensor, failed there compared to a dedicated camera.

The Classic has the same rather poor low-light performance as the Q10 had, the Passport wasn't better either. The Lumia 1020 wasn't really good either, although the Xenon flash helps in certain situation compared to those laughable LED "flash" other phones are sporting.

Posted via CB10

Edit:
    On a less ranty note, I have a couple of tips. In terms of editing your photos later, I recommend downloading Effetica Pro. It isn't free but it is worth every penny. Besides your usual filters, you can resize, fool around with color, gamma, brightness, sharpness and contrast. You can crop, straighten, invert, add text, add overlays and more.
    The same developer has a really good camera app in his portfolia too, called Camera++. Unfortunately it is not yet available for the Classic. Be careful since there is another poor app also called Camera++ from a different developer!

On the native camera app, try using both the Night and Action modes. Depending on the light either one might give you better results than Automatic. Also turn off flash, I do not know whether flash impacts the camera per se or if it really solely depends on the scene, but I'd just leave it disabled for sure. Unless of course you get really, really close.
    Last edited by Taigatrommel; 01-30-15 at 04:34 AM.
    01-30-15 04:20 AM