Hi, had problems with phone all week in trying to transfer image files from handset to laptop. Link wouldn't connect with phone, Blend did. Blend had all my images on it but I then couldn't access them on the handset. I wanted to transfer them from Blend to the laptop but couldn't. Thinking they were still on Blend I did what Link said to do, which was reload the device software. Many hours later I had the latest software on the phone but no photos and no signs of them on Blend anymore. Is there any way at all of retrieving them does anyone know please? Some are of great sentimental value and irreplaceable. Thanks.bbbb
    02-17-17 08:13 AM
    Hi, had problems with phone all week in trying to transfer image files from handset to laptop. Link wouldn't connect with phone, Blend did. Blend had all my images on it but I then couldn't access them on the handset. I wanted to transfer them from Blend to the laptop but couldn't. Thinking they were still on Blend I did what Link said to do, which was reload the device software. Many hours later I had the latest software on the phone but no photos and no signs of them on Blend anymore. Is there any way at all of retrieving them does anyone know please? Some are of great sentimental value and irreplaceable. Thanks.bbbb
    Were the photos stored in Device memory or on an SD card?
    If Device memory, a software reload wiped those, they are gone.
    If Link performed a backup, they might be still in the backup.

In the future, you do not need Link or Blend to move or copy media on/off the device.
    Make sure your device is no set to encrypt the device memory or SD card, if it is, de-crypt everything first.

• Plug the BlackBerry into a computer.
    • Let the computer detect and install drivers, you may get a prompt on your BlackBerry to allow this.
    • If the computer has Link or Blend installed, the drivers are already there.
    • Shortly after connecting to the computer, a small icon will appear in the System Tray (the area next to the PC clock)

The icon is for BlackBerry Device Manager and will look like this:
    Photos lost in the ether-9bz888w.png
    • Right click that icon and choose Properties.
    • From the pop up select the Options tab and check the box for "Mount tablet volumes on connect" (If it's already checked, you are good to go)
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • The BlackBerry's Device Storage Memory will show up in your Windows Explorer as removable drives; (Your devices name and PIN)Flash and if you have a SD card a second drive will show up as (your device name and PIN)SD

You can then navigate into those drives and copy/paste/move stuff as if they were thumb drives.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 02-18-17 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Typo
    02-17-17 08:53 AM
    Thanks very much for your help. I have belatedly realised I didn't have a memory card in the phone and didn't realise so it seems I have lost all the photos. I take it Blend doesn't retain them once the phone's been wiped and that they won't be floating around somewhere from which they can be retrieved?
    02-18-17 03:52 PM
    They're gone unless a back-up was made before the OS reload

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 04:24 PM