I had my screen replaced yesterday on my Blackberry Classic and now when I make a call, no one can hear me talking. As well, when making a call, the button on the screen keeps switching from speaker to headset to regular and doesn't stop. Any idea what is causing this?

Edit to add: They can actually hear me a bit but it cuts in and out.
    Last edited by desm0nd; 04-16-16 at 10:59 AM.
    04-16-16 10:47 AM
    Any idea what is causing this?
    After a lengthy and meticulous process of deduction, and careful application of the principle that "the simplest explanation is usually correct" I conclude that it may have something to do with the screen being replaced.

Take it back to the repair place and ask them to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 12:21 PM
    After a lengthy and meticulous process of deduction, and careful application of the principle that "the simplest explanation is usually correct" I conclude that it may have something to do with the screen being replaced.

Take it back to the repair place and ask them to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    That's most likely right, but you'd be surprised. I upgrade and build a lot of PC's and so does my friend, and we both noticed a strange phenomenon where if there is an issue after we replace or change a part, we assume it's related to that but very often find that it's some completely unrelated thing that we never even touched while replacing whatever part. Not sure why that happens, we follow all of the safety rules regarding safe handling of the electronics. It doesn't happen often, most of the time things turn out well, but when those instances occur where something goes wrong, we noticed this phenomenon quite a lot of those times...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-16-16 01:16 PM
    we assume it's related to that but very often find that it's some completely unrelated thing that we never even touched while replacing whatever part. Not sure why that happens,
    I have also experienced this, and have concluded that all computers, electronics, machinery, etc, are both alive and sentient, and will often form vindictive thoughts of revenge against their human masters for their ongoing enslavement.

I once opened a computer case to check a hard drive connection, and as I looked at the motherboard to work out which connector was which, a capacitor fell off the board's voltage regulator and shorted out the graphics card. Just "plink" like "time for me to go". I hadn't even touched the board.

The board and graphics card both needed replacing. The original problem was remedied by tightening a power cable.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 05:44 PM
    I have taken classic's apart in the past.

At the bottom of the device, one of the speaker grills is a speaker and one is for a microphone. There is a little rubber piece that funnels sound from the grill to the microphone. It is entirely possible that they overlooked this component and it may affect the microphone performance.

In the meantime, making a call with the earbuds included with the handset is an alternative.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-16-16 09:18 PM
    I have also experienced this, and have concluded that all computers, electronics, machinery, etc, are both alive and sentient, and will often form vindictive thoughts of revenge against their human masters for their ongoing enslavement.

I once opened a computer case to check a hard drive connection, and as I looked at the motherboard to work out which connector was which, a capacitor fell off the board's voltage regulator and shorted out the graphics card. Just "plink" like "time for me to go". I hadn't even touched the board.

The board and graphics card both needed replacing. The original problem was remedied by tightening a power cable.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, your posts are always entertaining. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-17-16 09:42 AM
    Thanks! Looks like you have solved my problem
    04-17-16 02:22 PM