I am wondering if it is a setting, a "hole" in my service area or what other reason would cause the calling to drop to emergency calls only. How do I reset it. Typically I turn off cellular and then on again hoping it will catch the signal.
    Is there something that I can control this concern? It seems similar to the signal dropping from 4G or LTE to a lower band.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:10 PM
    Try a hard reboot, hold volume up and volume down at the same time for like a minute until you see the word blackberry, then let go, wait a few minutes til your BlackBerry fully loads, if you still have the same problem, contact your service provider

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-02-15 11:14 PM
    For me, I have that frequently as I am close to the US border and my provider is Wind Mobile so I have the free US roaming so that I can go on to AT&T when I lose signal and get "emergency only". It is poor signal strength from my provider and has nothing to do with my Classic.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-04-15 12:18 PM
    For me, I have that frequently as I am close to the US border and my provider is Wind Mobile so I have the free US roaming so that I can go on to AT&T when I lose signal and get "emergency only". It is poor signal strength from my provider and has nothing to do with my Classic.
    Agreed, more than likely carrier issues... I have T-Mobile and when dead service spots or where the network is being reworked I find my device often dropping to a lower band, roaming another provider's tower or flat out SOS... When in areas my network has a strong and sturdy hold not an issue, but those out of reach areas what you've described is what I have going on...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:45 PM