Currently on my classic when I dial a number, I have to click enter to make it phone. If I click the phone key in the keybelt, it merely opens the phone app. Is there any way to avoid this, and make the number dial when I click the physical dial button?
    01-25-15 03:15 PM
    don't you have quick dial shortcuts in your phone app?
    01-25-15 04:47 PM
    Currently on my classic when I dial a number, I have to click enter to make it phone. If I click the phone key in the keybelt, it merely opens the phone app. Is there any way to avoid this, and make the number dial when I click the physical dial button?
    That definitely makes sense doesn't it??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-25-15 05:26 PM
    don't you have quick dial shortcuts in your phone app?
    Well, he's talking about dialing a number, which implies a new number he doesn't have a contact for...

01-25-15 05:27 PM
    Totally agree, when push the phone button it should open the dial phone and no last calls...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 05:30 PM
    Yes me too...

Posted from my Classic Passport
    01-25-15 09:36 PM
    Totally agree, when push the phone button it should open the dial phone and no last calls...

Posted via CB10
    No no, 100% disagree with you there. The purpose for it showing the last calls when you hit the call key is so you can quickly redial the last call. Try it. Close everything, then press the call key, then press it again. Easy. That's how it was in legacy devices and I'm glad they brought that feature back.

01-25-15 11:18 PM
    OK slag, but I think that dial is most important than last call list, in order to make a call and not to recall somebody...
    Other feature that I miss is intelligent dialer, that shows the contacts that has the number while u are typing it on the dialer...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:35 AM
    OK slag, but I think that dial is most important than last call list, in order to make a call and not to recall somebody...
    Other feature that I miss is intelligent dialer, that shows the contacts that has the number while u are typing it on the dialer...

Posted via CB10
    But you can dial from the homescreen, no need to open the phone app first, just start dialing. Why do you want redundancy at the cost of another feature?

01-26-15 09:27 AM
    But you can dial from the homescreen, no need to open the phone app first, just start dialing. Why do you want redundancy at the cost of another feature?

OK slag, u got it, I forgot that function of dialing...u're right of course...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I miss that too. You could start typing a number or name. The phone would filter the possible results as you kept typing. That was a great feature. Although now when you type a name the search function in OS10 also shows emails and text messages associated with that name.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:07 PM
    OK slag, u got it, I forgot that function of dialing...u're right of course...

Posted via CB10
    Well, unless you're dialing an alph-numeric number (like 1800COMCAST) then you'd have to open the phone dialer manually and figure it all out like a dummy with a slab phone, when legacy devices allowed you to simply type it out and it would figure it out for you...

01-26-15 04:18 PM