How about a petition?
    How about if a lot of blackberry followers decided to talk to blackberry. How about they asked what they really want in a blackberry.
    Say have several phones:
    Flagship: something between the classic and passport. PKB phone and just keep building on it. Improving the software and hardware instead of trying to come up with a new product and no continuity.
    Touchscreen: yes I know a lot of people love their touch so why not stick to one and just improve the hardware and software. Improve the security. Improve the app support (although I'm not a big fan of app).
    Then 3rd option is some phone that they are trying to come up with ( I would put the slider and the passport wide awkwardness here). Unconventional phones they are trying to experiment with.
    I think going back to blackberry followers first, then people will catch on instead of the opposite.
    In part I think that's what they try to with the classic. I just hope the classic is not a hey we give u this phone but we are really movijg in different direction and not come up with say a classic two, a bigger version, etc.
    What do u think?
    (note: i did not mean to post here instead I wanted on the general threads, so if anyone knows how to take it out of here and move it, pls do so)
    05-27-15 10:17 PM
    Definitely sensible if such a option could be initiated!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:19 PM
    I don't know man they have several phone's now. The classic is the high end "classic BlackBerry" it's not a budget device I know specs are not top notch. but I have had a note 4 with the latest and greatest and my classic is way more stable/smoother. They do need a Z30 refresh but they most likely didn't move to many units to put one out in a year. It's not like it's a hot seller. There will be a classic 2 has to be it's a core device I think size wise you get much bigger and it becomes a problem. One handed use and all. But the thing is we are not the most important thing to them. Enterprise is at the moment that's what they are securing. Thing is JC has been very upfront and honest about his plan and has stuck to it. They have a serious plan going on right now you say work on security? Have you not paid and attention to anything they have been doing? They have bought several company's. Right now they are working on secure calls. secure messages (bbm protect) the dual sim card to keep work and personal things separate. anything that has to do with communication and security they are buying. This company is not sitting still. It takes time for things to happen. They are not just rushing out devices once a year to do it people don't buy them. It's not good business. They are no longer top dog they are being smart about the moves they make. There is more to come things being worked on that no of us know about. App what are we lacking snap chat? Everything important is there facebook. Instagram, twitter. That's the big 3. Anyways just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    cazato likes this.
    05-27-15 11:39 PM
    I don't think it will be useful!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-28-15 02:41 AM
    They have teams in marketing doing focus groups and studying trends. They know what people want, but not necessarily what you want. I believe that Classic, Passport and Leap are the results of their work. A classic BlackBerry with the traditional toolbelt and keypad, a flagship device with bumped specs and innovative features and a cheap all touch device.

 Instant Classic!
    cazato likes this.
    05-28-15 07:27 AM
    Historically, petitions have proven very ineffective.
    cazato and NikoB82 like this.
    05-28-15 08:07 PM
    I don't think this a petition as much as it is suggestions. I'm sure BlackBerry does enough market research to know what consumers want. They are the upswing it seems, everyone can relax.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:12 AM