Thinking that it "needs" something versus what someone "wants" is often two different things. And if it's our money we are spending, there's nothing wrong with wanting more than you might need. I wouldn't wanted anything crazy with the Classic so it'll be affordable, but Z30 specs (since it has a quad-core GPU) would have been just as cheap (or should be) and would give a little boost in performance. I would have liked that much more, but oh well...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I think when it comes to specs the 2015 roadmap will be the one for us. The classic really isn't meant for current BB10 users to be honest the launch event clearly show cases that big time.
    12-18-14 04:19 PM
    Yah but he is talking about more google services like in terms of save data in the cloud not the apps themselves.
    Saved data can be done through Facebook for games.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:58 PM
    Don't get me wrong passport vs another device you will see a big improvement in operation for sure. However what I am talking about mainly is that people think you need high end specs to run android apps and games properly which is not the case at all. But of course if the hardware is higher performance will be higher but that doesn't mean the older devices cant run smoothly for apps or games....native or not...
    Just by admission you've agreed performance is boosted. That said as code is redone, for bug fixes and newer features or add-ons to the original game/app code that ALONE could take a bigger performance hit on older BB10 devices over the long haul.

Also with Dalvik no longer used in Android 5 ... we're ALL going to see either no more compatibility for newly coded apps under Art or a significant hit with each update until BB is authorized to use Art.

This is the point you're forgetting or ignoring. Performance is relative to the device, hardware and abilities of the OS code.
    12-18-14 05:21 PM
    I think when it comes to specs the 2015 roadmap will be the one for us. The classic really isn't meant for current BB10 users to be honest the launch event clearly show cases that big time.
    Yah, it's obvious it's for the 9900 crowd, but for me, a Q10 with a toolbelt is better than a Q10 without one so I ordered one already and can't wait for it to arrive. I miss the physical call send/end keys...

12-18-14 06:05 PM
    The average consumer does not know much about specs anyways. Except for maybe the mega pixels of the camera. The complainers are the ones that are part of forums like these.
    To me it is ridiculous to think that it is a must for a cell phone to need a quad core processor and 3GB of ram. You can not compare android and BB OS it's just ridiculous. They are two completely different platforms.
    I think that this phone is going to do well as a business phone and a phone for the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    Good specs aren't a must on a 150$ device, acceptable specs however, are a must for a 450$ phone.
    450$ is in the highest end of the mid range and for that price, low-end hardware from 2013 is unacceptable.

The second mistake you make, when talking about Android and BB10, is to forget that Android or at least major parts of it, are running on your BB10 device, simultaneously to your normals OS.
    The Classic has Samsung Galaxy S3 specs and therefore, at best, would perform like an S3, when using Android apps.
    Since the future of BlackBerry's ecosystem seems to be very closely tied to the Android runtime, BlackBerry will need the Android level of specs, to offer a similar performance.

To say it simply: In terms of app performance, you guys are paying 450$ for a downgraded Samsung S3 (downgraded, because the performance of the runtime within the BB10 OS is worse).
    So, maybe BB10 doesn't need high end specs (even though the Passport uses them. Why exactly does it have high-end specs? Seems to be a waste of money and margins, to use better specs than necessary), but your Android runtime needs them.
    Maxxxpower and kbz1960 like this.
    12-18-14 08:04 PM
    Q10/Q5/Z10/Z30 are devices from 2013 with specs from 2012.
    How long should the current userbase wait for an upgrade?

You think that BlackBerry will entice potential buyers from other platforms, with 2012 hardware, in 2015, for 450$?

In understand your reasoning, but the strategy, on BlackBerry's part, is pure nonsense.
    That they honestly believe that there are so many BBOS holdouts, be it in the enterprise or consumer sectors, that they'll jump on the Classic is just ridiculous.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-18-14 08:11 PM
    That they honestly believe that there are so many BBOS holdouts, be it in the enterprise or consumer sectors, that they'll jump on the Classic is just ridiculous.
    They know exactly how many BBOS users there are.  Financials are dependent on a migration of those users. BlackBerry needs BES 12 users, so they HAD to make a phone for BBOS diehards. Super high end specs aren't important to users who still use a 5 year old phone. It can have BB10 on it, but it needs to have the best of BBOS on it too, and that has nothing to do with Specs.

That said these types of customers don't jump on anything that's just a trend. BlackBerry has its work cut out for it proving the Qla99ic is really a UPGRADED Bold. Give em time. Till then good to know the 10.3.1 or future runtime will be refined.

 PassPosted via CB Chen 
    12-18-14 09:40 PM
    The problem is there are many people already off of BBOS that the want the classic.

Many people left the BlackBerry platform and want to come back but want to keep the apps they have gotten used to.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say someone cannot have everything in life.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:11 PM
    They know exactly how many BBOS users there are.  Financials are dependent on a migration of those users. BlackBerry needs BES 12 users, so they HAD to make a phone for BBOS diehards. Super high end specs aren't important to users who still use a 5 year old phone. It can have BB10 on it, but it needs to have the best of BBOS on it too, and that has nothing to do with Specs.

That said these types of customers don't jump on anything that's just a trend. BlackBerry has its work cut out for it proving the Qla99ic is really a UPGRADED Bold. Give em time. Till then good to know the 10.3.1 or future runtime will be refined.

You misunderstand me then.
    Of course BlackBerry should know rather well, how many users they have.
    But how many of those are consumers, willing to upgrade to the Classic?

How can they ensure that enterprises will jump on the Classic ship, and renew their fleet with BlackBerries instead of other phones?

Simply said, they can't.
    They lost both of those markets and have something like a 0.5% marketshare nowadays.
    Most of the BBOS (at least a year ago, when I looked at the numbers the last time) consumers are in emerging markets, where 450$ is even more of a ridiculous price for such a phone.

iOS is the n1 OS in the enterprise sector, followed by Android.
    They dominate BYOD and company provided phones.
    You also ignore that consumer preferences have changed (same applies to the enterprise sector) and that keyboard phones having around 0.5% marketshare don't seem to be a solid foundation for a smartphone company.

Well, you also forgot something else:
    BlackBerry downsized immensely since their good days.
    Migrating BBOS users shouldn't be needed to achieve the break-even point.

So, if the financials of BlackBerry are tied to selling 10M Classics a year, let's bid farewell to BlackBerry right here and right now.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    12-18-14 10:30 PM
    You misunderstand me then.
    Of course BlackBerry should know rather well, how many users they have.
    But how many of those are consumers, willing to upgrade to the Classic?

How can they ensure that enterprises will jump on the Classic ship, and renew their fleet with BlackBerries instead of other phones?

Simply said, they can't.
    They lost both of those markets and have something like a 0.5% marketshare nowadays.
    Most of the BBOS (at least a year ago, when I looked at the numbers the last time) consumers are in emerging markets, where 450$ is even more of a ridiculous price for such a phone.

You also ignore that consumer preferences have changed (same applies to the enterprise sector) and that keyboard phones having around 0.5% marketshare don't seem to be a solid foundation for a smartphone company.

Well, you also forgot something else:
    BlackBerry downsized immensely since their good days.
    Migrating BBOS users shouldn't be needed to achieve the break-even point.

So, if the financials of BlackBerry are tied to selling 10M Classics a year, let's bid farewell to BlackBerry right here and right now.
    BlackBerry made it very clear their strategy has nothing to do with selling 10 million phones, but rather providing enterprise security solutions to millions of users cross-platform. BES10 will be compatible with BES12, and BlackBerry is showing that as far as a corporate can, loyalty is given to the core enterprise community that stuck with them. The Classic is proof.

The migration has to do with a solid future-proof platform to build upon, and a modern source of revenue included. Is that revenue included in Chen's plan for a fiscally healthy BlackBerry? Well that sure is the picture most BlackBerry stock analysts paint. Fortunately, that plan isn't reliant on Specs or gaming benchmarks.

Look at Apple's justification of using dated specs and "not being the first, just being the best" mantra. They haven't pushed the boundary on many specs lately, just maximized capability out of trusted hardware on a closed and efficient OS.

I disagree with you that Keyboard phones don't seem a solid foundation for a smartphone company, as the millions of BlackBerry Bold users will argue. But only time will tell on how history plays that out. And I don't think anyone wants to see BlackBerry completely leave the full touch market and improve on the Z30. We will see what 2015 brings, and hopefully the reviews don't say "Too little too late."

Last edited by Sulaco757; 12-18-14 at 11:39 PM.
    12-18-14 11:28 PM
    I made a thread about how the classic specs are a blessing in disguise ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sguise-983854/ ) and I had a few people tell me you need high specs to run android apps and games which is FALSE!!!!!!

The Z10 uses the same 1.5 dual core s4 with adreno 225 found in the classic and plays some big time android games I've attached a few links to youtube showcasing this and most of the videos the person is using 10.2 or 10.2.1 and the games play I would say 98% smooth

So all those people who just talk nonsense about we need high end specs to play android games don't know crap!!

I am just sick and tired of this spec talk nonsense and how we need it run android games and apps properly when that is not the case at all what matters is the android runtime optimization within BB10 not the specs

Please watch the videos below and remember he is using a Z10 and uses 10.2 or 10.2.1 not even 10.3.1 .....

Remember people I am telling you 10.3.1 will make it even better in terms of running games and apps however it is not ready yet fully since it does have some bugs on it and needs to be optimized a lot more. I would NOT recommend it as your daily driver.

Anthony I really appreciate your posts on Crackberry lately. Can you point me in the direction of how BB10's QNX is an efficient operating system? I occasionally hear that it's a superior OS, that often gets no credit considering how capable it is. Mind to share any examples of how QNX is beneficial to BlackBerry customers?

12-18-14 11:47 PM
    Ask yourself a question, did you install a leaked version? If the answer is yes, then ?????????????????????????????? up.
    Now if you did not load a leaked version, then I am sorry to hear that and blackberry should fix it.
    12-19-14 03:41 AM
    12-19-14 03:47 AM
    Time for real proof and not words from your head!!!!!!!!!!
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    12-19-14 04:01 AM
    Lmao no a three year old SoC is not sufficient enough. We should not be excusing such a skimp on modern specs. A Z30 setup would've been fine, seeing it has a quad core GPU.

Z10 10.3.1.1016
    12-19-14 04:46 AM
    BlackBerry made it very clear their strategy has nothing to do with selling 10 million phones, but rather providing enterprise security solutions to millions of users cross-platform. BES10 will be compatible with BES12, and BlackBerry is showing that as far as a corporate can, loyalty is given to the core enterprise community that stuck with them. The Classic is proof.

The migration has to do with a solid future-proof platform to build upon, and a modern source of revenue included. Is that revenue included in Chen's plan for a fiscally healthy BlackBerry? Well that sure is the picture most BlackBerry stock analysts paint. Fortunately, that plan isn't reliant on Specs or gaming benchmarks.

Look at Apple's justification of using dated specs and "not being the first, just being the best" mantra. They haven't pushed the boundary on many specs lately, just maximized capability out of trusted hardware on a closed and efficient OS.

I disagree with you that Keyboard phones don't seem a solid foundation for a smartphone company, as the millions of BlackBerry Bold users will argue. But only time will tell on how history plays that out. And I don't think anyone wants to see BlackBerry completely leave the full touch market and improve on the Z30. We will see what 2015 brings, and hopefully the reviews don't say "Too little too late."

????????? Apple has been making their own processors, first with a 64bit processor. Their processors score better than most. I don't own any apple products but I'm not blind either. Apple's new iPhone 5S: The world's first 64-bit mobile phone ... with fingerprint login | VentureBeat | Gadgets | by John Koetsier
    12-19-14 06:27 AM
    Android Version of Modern Combat 4, runs like crap on the Z10! So yes, u do need high specs to play games. Leave MC4, Subway surfer is choppy on my Q10, like whenever I open the game, it lags a lot, and it always lags when I run through the " Secret BOX/whatever u call it", which affects my high score everytime :P!(this issue was there since 10.2, so u can't blame 10.3 and say it cuz it's a leaked OS). My Q10 and the Z10 is having the latest OS 10.3.1.1154 installed. Now you might reply to me saying, it's a leaked OS,,,, what are they gonna do? Release an official version which magically boosts the GPU speed and let's us run all the latest game? Lol
    It's like saying Mac OSX doesn't need high specs on a macbook to play windows game lol.
    Fanboys always have excuses lol

Posted via Q10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 12-19-14 at 07:01 AM.
    MarsupilamiX and Maxxxpower like this.
    12-19-14 06:34 AM
    ????????? Apple has been making their own processors, first with a 64bit processor. Their processors score better than most. I don't own any apple products but I'm not blind either. Apple's new iPhone 5S: The world's first 64-bit mobile phone ... with fingerprint login | VentureBeat | Gadgets | by John Koetsier
    Be careful, love. Next thing you'll be called a sheep.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-19-14 06:49 AM
    Be careful, love. Next thing you'll be called a sheep.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    Ikr, fanboys!
    Apple has the best processor in terms of processing power on any smartphone to date. (I HATE CRAPPLE, love their macbook for its OSX though, it's my dream to own one)
    But Nvidia Tegra K1 has the best GPU on any mobile processor ever made, and Snapdragon 810 seems to be catching up, but will reach nowhere near Tegra K1, which is a beast!

Posted via Q10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-19-14 06:51 AM
    LOL so true consumers focus on Camera quality and the screen maybe that's it....they do not give a rats *** about quad core this and ram this and gpu that. They care about real world performance!!!! The whole specs thing is something android manufacturers started and people are brainwashed thinking you need 3gb of ram and a quad core processor to run a phone.....its not a PC or Gaming Console...it's a phone. Android needs those specs because of the tons of bloatware manufacturers put of their phones to help prevent lag which till this day still lags.

Only Lollipop what i've seen so far finally makes android seem much more smoother and better animation. On the Nexus 4 it makes the device seem like a brand new phone.
    True consumers? Sure they don't give a crap about specs LOL. Now, I understood u know about every consumers on Earth!

Then WTH did u even start this thread, if they don't give a crap about specs?

Posted via Q10
    12-19-14 07:41 AM
    Ikr, fanboys!
    Apple has the best processor in terms of processing power on any smartphone to date. (I HATE CRAPPLE, love their macbook for its OSX though, it's my dream to own one)
    But Nvidia Tegra K1 has the best GPU on any mobile processor ever made, and Snapdragon 810 seems to be catching up, but will reach nowhere near Tegra K1, which is a beast!

Posted via Q10
    If you want OSX, build a Hackintosh and have it for 1/4 the price.

12-19-14 12:08 PM
    Android Version of Modern Combat 4, runs like crap on the Z10! So yes, u do need high specs to play games. Leave MC4, Subway surfer is choppy on my Q10, like whenever I open the game, it lags a lot, and it always lags when I run through the " Secret BOX/whatever u call it", which affects my high score everytime :P!(this issue was there since 10.2, so u can't blame 10.3 and say it cuz it's a leaked OS). My Q10 and the Z10 is having the latest OS 10.3.1.1154 installed. Now you might reply to me saying, it's a leaked OS,,,, what are they gonna do? Release an official version which magically boosts the GPU speed and let's us run all the latest game? Lol
    It's like saying Mac OSX doesn't need high specs on a macbook to play windows game lol.

Posted via Q10
    You shouldn't be playing MC4 on a classic.... or any 1:1 screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:16 PM
    Never. Unless Google decides to support bb10

Posted via CB10
    According to Wigley, it was supposed to here....like, last year. Don't believe that he claimed it was coming?

I'll just leave this here.
    12-19-14 04:41 PM

Posted via Q10
    That being said why does ravensword.... Spider unlimited.... Combo crew....and other heavy intensive android games run perfect on my spare q5 then. The fact is some games work perfectly and some dont. Some lower end android games don't run smooth on my q5 but some higher end games play better. That to me sounds like a software issue optimization not hardware. So explain that to me?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-19-14 05:13 PM
    True consumers? Sure they don't give a crap about specs LOL. Now, I understood u know about every consumers on Earth!

Then WTH did u even start this thread, if they don't give a crap about specs?

Posted via Q10
    If specs were everything then the iPhone wouldn't sell.... And what is the iPhone a consumer device.... You can ask 98 percent of iPhone users what specs they have on their phone they couldnt tell you.... They care about the experience and software and ease of use and how everything works despite the specs my friend. They care about apps.... Camera... And accessories... IPhone users.... And how it integrates with their other apple products sometimes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-19-14 05:17 PM
87 1234