Hardware technical specs is for geeks who thinks higher specs will perform better. I despise this theory. Without a good written OS software to go with the hardware you will still have a crap phone.

Apple iPad Air with a duel core processor and 1GB ram still runs far superior then Samsung's Galaxy Tablet with 8 core processor and 3GB ram. I have to give an applaud for Apple and Blackberry for optimizing their OS with their hardware to the bones. Overall it's all about the complete package and satisfying experiences for customer. Blackberry and Apple have proven that higher specs doesn't mean better performance. Samsung can have 100 core processors and it still won't perform any better.
    12-18-14 03:15 AM
    Exactly the phone will sell at that price no matter what.... And remember under contract which is what a lot people buy in North America will pay $50 I remember when the bold 9900 came out it was like 250 or so for that phone on contract and it was blackberry best selling phone and the specs were crap lol. So pricing won't hold it back plus the price will eventually drop as well.... This will sell in the millions

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bro, stop trying to justify this mediocre attempt from Blackberry. We know that is aimed at the corporate world; but even then, every other competitor offers more current device.

Some are making the spec argument, but most are saying that with what the Classic has, it should not be so closely priced to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:34 AM
    As already stated, the op is they guy who claimed two days ago, classic would have z30 specs, just clocked to 1.5 ghz.... not the best precondition for a reasonable discussion...
    blckberry4life likes this.
    12-18-14 05:07 AM
    Specs are fine for the phone it is and besides this device was made to make BlackBerry money. Its specs make it cheaper to build and it's price is perfect, not too much all the diehard fans wouldn't buy it, pretty much free on contract for the average person and free for big businesses. It's going to be easier to convince companies still running holds and curves to upgrade when it doesn't cost anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:20 AM
    Let's hope the OP is right... with 1.5GHz I'm hoping BlackBerry will still roll out future updates for a few years to come and not leave it hanging like the PlayBook because it doesn't have enough horsepower to run this Or that BB10 OS update.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 06:58 AM
    except for android phones, the product isnt just hw... the product is also the software... if you only want to pay for the hw, go with android. blackberry needs the money for the software too. if you only care about specs get a oneplus one for $300. but then every samsung galaxy phone is overpriced according to you
    That is what people don't understand when It comes to the price they see specs alone a justify the price tag..... Blackberry has to alter bb, 10 for the hardware as well..... Android manufacturers can get android for free and tweak it a bit and that's it bam a phone.... Blackberry has an in house os... Plus the thing is I care about software support.... A lot of Android phones even with updated hardware don't get future updates android has serious fragmentation issues big time.... So to me 499 for a phone that has a keyboard.... Toolbelt..... Bb10 with Android runtime..... Premium quality.... One full day battery life medium to heavy use... The price is fine.... Yah we wish it is a bit cheaper but I want to see blackberry selling tons of these and making a profit as a company that is what I care about... If people care about specs wait until 2015 road map.... Jeez this phone is meant to get people off bb os to bb10 when people jump from 9900 to classic they are going to be blown away by performance big time. I think we really let android manufacturers spoil the smartphone game with specs specs specs when it's how the software is optimized with the hardware

12-18-14 07:53 AM
    As already stated, the op is they guy who claimed two days ago, classic would have z30 specs, just clocked to 1.5 ghz.... not the best precondition for a reasonable discussion...
    That is what I heard before and yup if wrong no problem at all but after seeing the performance of the classic at the launch event I personally believe it would not have made a difference in terms of speed.... Either way the phone will sell. Anybody who has a q10 or z10 or z30 won't get this device as it's not meant for us lol jeez did you not watch the event they kept on comparing it to the bold 9900 lol anyways when the next quarterly results come out in March we shall the numbers.

12-18-14 07:56 AM
    Bro, stop trying to justify this mediocre attempt from Blackberry. We know that is aimed at the corporate world; but even then, every other competitor offers more current device.

Some are making the spec argument, but most are saying that with what the Classic has, it should not be so closely priced to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Which other "competitor" offers a device with a keyboard with Toolbelt!?! Please enlighten me my friend.....

12-18-14 07:59 AM
    Hardware technical specs is for geeks who thinks higher specs will perform better. I despise this theory. Without a good written OS software to go with the hardware you will still have a crap phone.

Apple iPad Air with a duel core processor and 1GB ram still runs far superior then Samsung's Galaxy Tablet with 8 core processor and 3GB ram. I have to give an applaud for Apple and Blackberry for optimizing their OS with their hardware to the bones. Overall it's all about the complete package and satisfying experiences for customer. Blackberry and Apple have proven that higher specs doesn't mean better performance. Samsung can have 100 core processors and it still won't perform any better.
    Exactly my friend. I had the Samsung s4 both the exynos and snapdragon variant and let me tell you that thing would hang sometimes and just lag and my apps would crash.... With kit kat. Cpu cores don't mean crap if the software isn't optimized for it I have iPhone friends who have a 4s that play big games fine with the specs of the iPhone 4. Yes of course a nice screen and ram matter but the cpu and gpu doesn't completely matter... It's the software I watched the launch event and that thing was extremely fast.

thymaster likes this.
    12-18-14 08:02 AM
    Look at the edit I made to the post and look at the videos........and tell me if those android games seriously lag or play horribly...
    12-18-14 09:20 AM
    LOL specs are everything and underwhelming huh......look at the edit I made to the post and watch the videos tell me if those android games play bad for hardware that is 3 years old.....
    12-18-14 09:21 AM
    Android needs the specs you say right...hmmm....I edited my post...look at the youtube videos....the guy is running the z10 with the same hardware and using 10.2 or 10.2.1 and runs android games pretty smoothly.....
    12-18-14 09:23 AM
    Let's hope the OP is right... with 1.5GHz I'm hoping BlackBerry will still roll out future updates for a few years to come and not leave it hanging like the PlayBook because it doesn't have enough horsepower to run this Or that BB10 OS update.

The thing is the specs are fine in terms of running apps or games. I edited my post and watch those videos of the Z10 using the same hardware as the classic and runs android games perfectly!!!!
    12-18-14 09:26 AM
    Technology moves fast my friend, these hardwares are fine for a year or two and who knows what will happen in a few years when the software requires better hardware. Take the PlayBook for example.

But don't get me wrong 'cause I honestly think the Classic is very well priced with the a-OK specs to handle every major task for a couple of years. At least BlackBerry is learning and not pricing the phone too high.

The thing is the specs are fine in terms of running apps or games. I edited my post and watch those videos of the Z10 using the same hardware as the classic and runs android games perfectly!!!!

ViaCassian likes this.
    12-18-14 11:59 AM
    Technology moves fast my friend, these hardwares are fine for a year or two and who knows what will happen in a few years when the software requires better hardware. Take the PlayBook for example.

But don't get me wrong 'cause I honestly think the Classic is very well priced with the a-OK specs to handle every major task for a couple of years. At least BlackBerry is learning and not pricing the phone too high.

Oh for sure no doubt about that one my friend. You are one of the few sensible people lol. I am very curious for the earnings call tomorrow.
    nhanken likes this.
    12-18-14 01:23 PM
    I really hope BlackBerry will turn to profitability. I have started investing in BlackBerry recently and I do hope for the best as there are great potentials for the company under the leadership of Mr. Chen. I have never liked iOS nor Android.

Oh for sure no doubt about that one my friend. You are one of the few sensible people lol. I am very curious for the earnings call tomorrow.

ViaCassian likes this.
    12-18-14 01:28 PM
41 12