Now for the life of me I don't know why people are complaining about the specs of the classic. First of all BB10 is an in house OS that is optimized !!! The classic is not made for the person craving high end specs, its made to get legacy users off BB OS 7 to BB10...you think business execs in Washington or CEO's care about a quad core 2k device when the intention of the device is to migrate users to BB10 from BB OS??? The only time specs matter is if you are a heavy gamer!!! And if you are you will buy a 16:9 ratio device not a 1:1 ratio sorry. Remember this device is only 720x720 resolution not some 1080p device....also 10.3.1 is extremely optimized big time.

Now the reason I say its a blessing in disguise is that they plan to support this device for years and years to come. Now remember this is the SAME SOC as the Q10...Z10....Q5 you know what that means. It means for years to come we will continue to get software updates big time.

So I see it as those who bought first generation BB devices that their investment is well spent since BB will still support those device for years to come.

For those complaining about specs the 2015 Roadmap will be for you trust me on this one.

All I can tell you is that when it comes to the high end device in that roadmap there will be not one tech site complaining about specs..

I can tell you the snapdragon 808 or 810 will be utilized and its in testing!!!

Oh by the way how I know you don't need high end specs to play android games

The Z10 uses the same 1.5 ghz dual core processor with adreno 225 and pushes more pixels than the Q series and classic and play android games perfectly....don't beleive me...watch the videos below..

Remember he is using 10.2 or 10.2.1 not even 10.3.1....

Last edited by Anthony Roberts5; 12-18-14 at 09:19 AM.
    12-17-14 01:33 PM
    Yes, software updates limited to what that 3 year-old hardware is capable of. Count your blessings!

Basically this is good news for Q10 and Z10 owners, and just "news" to Classic owners.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-17-14 01:48 PM
    Now for the life of me I don't know why people are complaining about the specs of the classic. First of all BB10 is an in house OS that is optimized !!! The classic is not made for the person craving high end specs, its made to get legacy users off BB OS 7 to BB10...you think business execs in Washington or CEO's care about a quad core 2k device when the intention of the device is to migrate users to BB10 from BB OS??? The only time specs matter is if you are a heavy gamer!!! And if you are you will buy a 16:9 ratio device not a 1:1 ratio sorry. Remember this device is only 720x720 resolution not some 1080p device....also 10.3.1 is extremely optimized big time.

Now the reason I say its a blessing in disguise is that they plan to support this device for years and years to come. Now remember this is the SAME SOC as the Q10...Z10....Q5 you know what that means. It means for years to come we will continue to get software updates big time.

So I see it as those who bought first generation BB devices that their investment is well spent since BB will still support those device for years to come.

For those complaining about specs the 2015 Roadmap will be for you trust me on this one.

All I can tell you is that when it comes to the high end device in that roadmap there will be not one tech site complaining about specs..

I can tell you the snapdragon 808 or 810 will be utilized and its in testing!!!
    Coming from the guy that said he guarantees the classic will be an underclocked 8960 pro with adreno 330....what glue are you sniffing? No need to defend specs that are underwhelming. They are using power that was introduced 3 years ago....its 2015 not 2012. Stop defending the current specs. Clearly the classic is not priced fairly relative to the passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-14 07:00 PM
    I for one kind of wish I could flash bbos7 to blackberry classic, all I need is a bigger screen and battery from 9900, so the specs does't really matter to me.
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-17-14 07:16 PM
    I for one kind of wish I could flash bbos7 to blackberry classic, all I need is a bigger screen and battery from 9900, so the specs does't really matter to me.
    Neither does good sense ... apparently

Posted via CB10
    dale-c likes this.
    12-17-14 07:35 PM
    I consider myself a power use and find my Q10 to be quite fast. Those who buy the Q10 or Classic will be quite happy, especially if upgrading from BBOS.
    HighFlight88 and LoneStarRed like this.
    12-17-14 07:41 PM
    Coming from the guy that said he guarantees the classic will be an underclocked 8960 pro with adreno 330
    No need to defend specs that are underwhelming. They are using power that was introduced 3 years ago....its 2015 not 2012. Stop defending the current specs.

Lol....good point
    I agree... This guy need to stop it (he just hoping just like the rest of us) .. If specs are not important why did they put the high specs in the Passport. And according to him they going to put better specs in the future phones.

#tired of typing on glass
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-17-14 07:47 PM
    I can tell you in going from a Z10 to a Z30 that specs absolutely matter. Z30 runs so much smoother than Z10, and runs Android apps much better too. As the platform becomes more reliant on Android apps, specs to run those apps smoothly will keep being a major issue. This is nothing more than repackaging written down hardware and charging over twice what it is worth IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:22 PM
    It's disappointing to see a new device carries exactly the same specs as those launched two years ago. No matter what!

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower and eyesopen1111 like this.
    12-17-14 09:19 PM
    Its too funny that when BB releases a phone with good specs they are touted as "Yes, specs matter, we have awesome specs!" When the specs suck its "This is a blessing, high end specs aren't needed." OP none of what you said makes much sense. They could have still put better specs in it to make it more appealing to those that still want the keyboard and trackpad but don't want the massive girth of the Passport.
    12-17-14 09:27 PM
    Coming from the guy that said he guarantees the classic will be an underclocked 8960 pro with adreno 330....what glue are you sniffing? No need to defend specs that are underwhelming. They are using power that was introduced 3 years ago....its 2015 not 2012. Stop defending the current specs. Clearly the classic is not priced fairly relative to the passport.

That is what I heard that it would be using to be honest. But remember this we are talking about a 720x720 device and what will a quad core processor dual core matter in this to be honest... No one will be using this phone to play modern combat 4 or asphalt 8...those users will use a z30 or z10 possibly due to the ratio... I had the z10 when it came out and I experienced zero lag when gaming with graphic intensive games using the adreno 225.... This spec talk in honestly pure bull crap and I blame it on Android manufacturers... When it comes to the performance of a phone it's the os you need to focus on not the hardware.... Specs only and I mean only matter in the android world not when it comes to an in house os...... The market for this device don't care what they put in it.......I can't stand this spec crap as long as the os doesn't lag I'm good.... I had a s4 one time both the exynos and snapdragon variant and that thing lagged like crazy sometimes and would hang and I had kit kat 4.4 and that was a quad core and octa core processor and that phone at the time was expensive and still didn't perform well for everyday use..... Specs don't mean **** if the os isn't optimized for it... For bb 10 it doesn't affect performance.... Now since I am a gamer specs will matter to me if I play very very high end games to some degree but people we are talking about a 720x720 1:1 ratio phone...... Jeez man..

BB_Junky, Alvin Loh and bruce73 like this.
    12-17-14 10:09 PM
    I can tell you in going from a Z10 to a Z30 that specs absolutely matter. Z30 runs so much smoother than Z10, and runs Android apps much better too. As the platform becomes more reliant on Android apps, specs to run those apps smoothly will keep being a major issue. This is nothing more than repackaging written down hardware and charging over twice what it is worth IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    That's funny cuz I own the z10 with 10.3.1 and between the z30 and z10 and Android apps run almost the same in some sense it's not night and day difference... The point i am making is that people who this market is for do not care about the specs of this phone so people need to stop complaining about it big time... During the launch I did not see any lag or problems with it..... This phone is not for the spec hungry gamers..... Now if this was like a 5.5 inch device with a s4 processor released next year priced at 599 or something then yes makes perfect sense.... But this phone is not for us current z10 users or q10 users or z30 it's made to get current legacy users to bb 10 that's all said.... I personally believe the phone should be prices a bit lower to be honest since it's very close to the passport but a lot and I mean of resources is in the classic in terms of a software point of view to alter bb 10 to utilize the tool belt.... I'm just irritated that people make it seem like the specs of the classic will make it bog down when I know people who even have the q5 and 10.3.1 and just praise how faster it is especially with the android performance android runtime...I even installed spider man unlimited from snap on my friend q5 and it played with zero lag and that's a heavy android game...

12-17-14 10:17 PM
    I consider myself a power use and find my Q10 to be quite fast. Those who buy the Q10 or Classic will be quite happy, especially if upgrading from BBOS.
    That's good to hear are you in 10.2.1 or 10.3.1 leak?

12-17-14 10:18 PM
    Classic will sell fine at 499. BlackBerry under Heins would of priced it at 699

I mean $499 for a brand new phone with 2yr old specs is kind of reasonable...
    Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-17-14 10:21 PM
    Again, we have an "in house" os but it also runs android.

Android apps need the specs.

I still say two Classics, one with a 1.5 and one with a 2.0 would have been perfect with $100 separation.

Posted via CB10
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-17-14 10:22 PM
    Lol....good point
    I agree... This guy need to stop it (he just hoping just like the rest of us) .. If specs are not important why did they put the high specs in the Passport. And according to him they going to put better specs in the future phones.

Hello the passport is classed as high end device so of course it will be priced higher and have higher specs.... This is considered a mid range device.... It's only 499 I think it's priced a bit fair maybe a bit lower would be good but if you can find me a phone with a full keyboard.... Physical trackpad with end call and answer button and menu button.... With full day battery use... Plays native bb 10 apps.. And Android apps... Has blend software to answer your messages on your pc or tablet or Mac... And will get software updates for the future to come....

Thats right no one.... No other manufacturer can do this and that is what gives blackberry it's edge over the competition with this phone.... Enterprises and hardcore fans and some consumers are going to pick up this phone regardless of the specs..

12-17-14 10:23 PM

I still say two Classics, one with a 1.5 and one with a 2.0 would have been perfect with $100 separation.

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe that crap about needs the specs how come my friend q5 which has a 1.2ghz processor with 10.3.1 can play spider man unlimited a heavy android game flawless no lag what so ever......... He also has spellfall.... Dumb ways to die..... Combo crew.... Godzilla smash...... And a few heavy android games and they run perfectly!! Answer me that... I really need to make a video to prove that specs don't mean everything that it's about the software....cuz I play with a few bb devices using the s4 soc and yes with 10.2 android performance isn't the greatest but 10.3.1 really does make a difference and it's all about the programming of the app trust me... Candy crush for one plays a bit slow and spider man plays much better than candy crush and it's a way more intensive game than candy so tell me if specs matter why does spiderman play better than candy crush???

12-17-14 10:28 PM
    Specs don't matter to me. I just bought a Z30 and I'm getting the Classic. I like it for the same reasons that Chen layed out. I am that "guy". The single handed power house. I write alot so attempting to select a single character to edit it nearly impossible with my finger tip being 20 times the size of the character. The track pad allows me to seamlessly select anything I want quickly. I was also never a fan of the virtual key pad. So for me, the Classic is perfect. I will still use the Z30 as it is still an amazing phone, but the Classic will be my daily driver.
    12-17-14 10:33 PM
    Specs don't matter to me. I just bought a Z30 and I'm getting the Classic. I like it for the same reasons that Chen layed out. I am that "guy". The single handed power house. I write alot so attempting to select a single character to edit it nearly impossible with my finger tip being 20 times the size of the character. The track pad allows me to seamlessly select anything I want quickly. I was also never a fan of the virtual key pad. So for me, the Classic is perfect. I will still use the Z30 as it is still an amazing phone, but the Classic will be my daily driver.
    That's good my z30 is my daily driver and I need that form factor cuz I game lot but I understand why you would buy the classic for sure.. . Do you have 10.2.1 or the 10.3.1 leak on your z30?

12-17-14 10:47 PM
    Classic will sell fine at 499. BlackBerry under Heins would of priced it at 699

I mean $499 for a brand new phone with 2yr old specs is kind of reasonable...
    Posted via CB10
    Exactly the phone will sell at that price no matter what.... And remember under contract which is what a lot people buy in North America will pay $50 I remember when the bold 9900 came out it was like 250 or so for that phone on contract and it was blackberry best selling phone and the specs were crap lol. So pricing won't hold it back plus the price will eventually drop as well.... This will sell in the millions

12-17-14 10:52 PM
    I completely agree with the observation of OP.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:52 PM
    It's disappointing to see a new device carries exactly the same specs as those launched two years ago. No matter what!
    What new device? Classic is a slightly larger Q10 with 4 more buttons and a track pad.
    12-17-14 10:56 PM
    except for android phones, the product isnt just hw... the product is also the software... if you only want to pay for the hw, go with android. blackberry needs the money for the software too. if you only care about specs get a oneplus one for $300. but then every samsung galaxy phone is overpriced according to you
    12-17-14 11:11 PM
    Lol....good point

The issue isn't that people truly believe that specs aren't important. Of course they are. Without them, we wouldn't have a phone. The context is key. I find the lenghts that certain members take to discredit this phone to be incredibly exhausting, especially when you consider that these same users have no intention on buying the phone!

As for context, at most the target audience will be blasting away their emails and doing some heavy browsing. A more savvy user would sideload Droid apps. When you take this consumer into consideration, I highly doubt that specs will stop them from purchasing.

Now this is something I find hilarious: there are folks who justify their position by saying that the Classic is unnecessary because we already have the Q10, but in the same breath claim that the Classic will perform badly because the "specs" are old.... even though they just said that the Q10, which has "old" specs, is fast! That's a person who is talking out of both sides of their mouths.

The argument is pointless to me. If people are happy with their Q10, that's fine. There are users who prefer the the Bold silhouette and will gladly fork over their money for it.

... and I didn't even get started about the people who want a Superman phone with a huge, removable battery, but complain about the weight and cost of the phone. You simply cannot please everybody.
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-17-14 11:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    How about 1.7GHz chip akin to the Z30?
    That would be cool enough...z30 is still really fast and smooth!

Posted via CB10 and my awesome Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    12-17-14 11:23 PM
41 12