So many debates about how the toolbelt and gestures aren't compatible with each other.

First, no one knows the degree to which gestures, and the options to turn them on or off, will be available on the Classic.

Second, bb10 is more than gestures. It's an awesome OS that gets things done and does it fast. Whether you use bb10 with or without buttons, you're still doing your thing. Who cares how you get it done?

Personally, I would like options to turn gestures on or off. I'm in the school of thought that thinks options are the best thing for consumers. I think if I had the Classic, the peek function to check messages is the only gesture I'd use. I'd turn off all other gestures and use the buttons for the rest of the functions. Yes, even the all important calling and ending phone calls. The button press makes it "official" like slamming down an old school rotary phone!

The Classic is one of the examples of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    JGoodard likes this.
    06-28-14 10:26 PM
    im curious to see what the berry button will do in the OS..
    06-28-14 11:44 PM
    Berry button will probably be the menu function, similar to the 3 dots at the bottom right.

I am more curious on thehome gesture where the trackpad will be an obstruction when swiping up.
    06-28-14 11:54 PM
    You know, there is one thing I miss in all touch devices. Of any manufacturer.

It's pick up and hang up buttons.

I can understand why they were eliminated. But they were so satisfying.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    06-28-14 11:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    they were eliminated because they were "old tech".i cant wait for the classic old tech is ok with me because its reliable. i agree with the op the bb hub gesture is the only one im interested in i'd love to turn the other gestures off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    06-29-14 01:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Quite a few have been asking for a tool belt on the all-touch phones...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-29-14 08:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't miss them at all. I see no difference from a physical button to an on screen button except the physical button fails at some point. It may be more convenient to hit the button that is always there or if you never look at your phone and just hit a button.
    06-29-14 08:33 AM
    don't forget that buttons can easily have two functions: one for press, and another for long press.

so the peek gesture could be long press on the call end button or menu button for example: the use to which the button presses are put needs to be done as a set, but it shouldn't be too hard to optimise for a minimum gesture ux

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:44 AM
    don't forget that buttons can easily have two functions: one for press, and another for long press.

so the peek gesture could be long press on the call end button or menu button for example: the use to which the button presses are put needs to be done as a set, but it shouldn't be too hard to optimise for a minimum gesture ux

Posted via CB10
    Yep, and in the case of the trackpad button: press, long press and point/navigate. We have apps on our 9900's that add double, triple, 4, 5, etc presses to the belt buttons, accessory keys, mute, vol-up/dn, etc, for bringing up user assigned functions & apps. Very handy.

If BBRY, with their 9900 experience, can't muster resources to find an operationally friendly way to coordinate navigation within BB10, they won't be long for this world anyway, imo.
    06-29-14 10:15 AM