12-10-15 08:02 AM
34 12
tools
    I have two Passports and a Classic (and Z30 too).

After playing with my mom's Classic for a month, T-Mobile getting it was the last straw--I had to have it! I'm re-learning to type on this slightly smaller four rowed keyboard, and relearning to use the trackpad and end and back keys.

I'm glad I have the Passport and the Classic. The Passport shows that BlackBerry can really innovate (hate that word, so overused), but the Classic is like the original Coca-Cola formula, there's nothing quite like the original.

I'm having fun on the Classic now, after getting the Passport back in September. I know it doesn't have the specs as good as Passport, but you know what? I can't say that if Classic was my only device and I'd never had the Passport, that I'd be yearning for it. I won't be selling my Passports, and switch frequently between Passports and the Classic. To me, experiencing BlackBerry 10 in different forms is part of the fun (including the all touch Z30 which I still use too).

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and bigjman like this.
    05-19-15 01:22 AM
    Are u saying u don't like the passport keyboard? I have tried it at ATT, but it's never the same u try it in store vs trying it in real life!
    Oh no, I do like the Passport keyboard, it is great, even though it takes a while to get used to. However, I still prefer the classic four-row keyboards. I think they're as good as it gets, just fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 03:20 AM
    I switched from a Passport to the Classic. No regrets. No matter how amazing the specs may be on the Passport, the form factor ruined the experience for me. It's too big, next to impossible to one hand anything, 3 row keyboard layout is inferior to 4 row, I hit the screen when swiping up on keyboard putting a symbol into my message constantly.

Switching to the Classic, you will love the form factor. The toolbelt changes everything. Pickup and hangup calls with buttons. Sweet. Close apps with Hangup then Back button. Awesome. 4 row keyboard, means not needing on screen keyboard for symbols. Hell yeah!

If you're coming from a Q10, the Classic might seem big. Coming from a Passport, it feels just right.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve and bigjman like this.
    05-19-15 06:50 AM
    I have a passport, but just picked up a classic so that I would have a small durable device that I can keep in my pocket when on the run or out at night. I love it for this reason and for the quick one handed use, but that's about it.

The track pad is cool for selecting text but I would rather use the touch sensitive keyboard on the passport for text selection. Not being able to swipe up predictive text on the classic has also quickly become annoying.

I LOVE the three row keyboard on the passport and would love if BlackBerry came out with a classic size passport. No tool belt necessary.

Basically, for me... everything is better on the passport except small portability.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 01:14 PM
    Havem both. Different tools for different tasks. Passport is a browsing beast. It's also the BEST document viewer. As an engineer, the ability to read prints in the field makes the Passport worth carrying along. It's lousy for single handed operation. Classic is simply the BEST single hander BB10 device. Period. All depends on what you do. Working my Passport with briefcase or suitcase in hand CAN be done, BTDT. Classic does it SO much better.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-13-15 12:41 AM
    So I'm looking at at getting the classic and taking my passport back will I be dissapointed? Like is the speed diffrence noticable I don't use android apps and I don't use anything really other then browsing instagram facebook and twitter

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:54 PM
    So I'm looking at at getting the classic and taking my passport back will I be dissapointed? Like is the speed diffrence noticable I don't use android apps and I don't use anything really other then browsing instagram facebook and twitter

Posted via CB10
    Browsing speed is a bit slower on the classic but not horrible.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-16-15 05:15 PM
    I just moved from the Passport to the Classic. Tried the Classic before but then stayed with the Passport.

Until this week. The Classic replaced my Passport as I really value the form factor over the better specs of the PP. Both phones are awesome but the Classic matches more my real daily business needs.

 Posted via CB10 from my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-21-15 12:01 PM
    Havem both. Different tools for different tasks. Passport is a browsing beast. It's also the BEST document viewer. As an engineer, the ability to read prints in the field makes the Passport worth carrying along. It's lousy for single handed operation. Classic is simply the BEST single hander BB10 device. Period. All depends on what you do. Working my Passport with briefcase or suitcase in hand CAN be done, BTDT. Classic does it SO much better.
    I agree, the Passport is unrivaled when it comes to viewing documents, PDFs, and browsing the Web.

What to people think of the keyboards compared to each other? I do like how the Classic has a narrower keyboard but don't like how thin the frets are. The larger keys of the Passport and the thicker frets, combined with the superior autocorrect, make the Passport keyboard somewhat easier to use and is more accurate too.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:02 AM
34 12