Call me crazy...

I switched from iPhone to get the passport and absolutely love it. I put this phone through a lot daily using many android apps, snap, audiobooks,streaming, workout apps and it does great. I'm not giving this up, this phone is a true Crackberry.

However, an inkling of me is thinking that for some days, like skiing, where I use my phone to track routes, keep in contact with friends and other things, I might pick up the classic also. I can see justifications for both. Just wanted to post over here and see what the consensus might be.

How many of you snagged a passport but are also waiting for the classic?

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-30-14 08:28 AM
    I don't know, that's your own personal preference. I've always been a one-device person. Both for financial reasons and for simplicity reasons, but that's my own personal preference...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-30-14 09:30 AM
    I was thinking about this. Is it theoretically possible to use both defies and have the sync up through wifi, while just changing out the sim card? Def gonna get the classic for my mother, but will have to keep it for a week or so first, to see if I like it better than the passport.
    10-30-14 10:45 AM
    I am also a one device person and already bought the Passport. Sure, the Classic looks really good and I am looking forward to try it out. I also love my Passport, but the size surely is sometimes difficult to handle, especially when I am sometimes caught by surprise and can't get both hands ready in time to really use this device. The Classic doesn't have such issues and the rather compact size (although the Classic isn't really as compact as phones used to be) makes it easier to handle. Both devices have their own target groups and none of them is superior over the other, specs aside of course.
    If you can afford it, sure why not pick up the Classic and have a more traditional and compact phone around. The Passport seems like and attention drawer, I am pretty sure with the Classic your device won't get noticed as much - which really is a good thing!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:31 AM
    I'm loving my Passport. It's big screen and hybrid keyboard provides an immersive experience that truly makes it feel like a minicomputer.

But I'm also eyeing the Classic. Especially for those times where I'm being more active and want a durable one handed device to keep in touch and up to date.

I'm looking forward to enjoying BB10 with the same form factor as my beloved 9900. That bigger screen and the return of the toolbelt is intriguing.

Having both the Passport and Classic will be a treat.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 03:08 AM
    I have the Passport myself and love it, but if the Classic is priced at around $300 I would get it as a secondary phone. Since I have a no contract plan on T-Mobile USA and they both use micro sim cards, switching between the two would be seamless and gives me a way of using the right tool for the right job. Funny you mentioned skiing, that was the first thought that crossed my mind when I considered getting the Classic, since its smaller and I wouldn't want to risk destroying my Passport on the slopes.
    10-31-14 07:04 AM
    You guys got a lot of cash laying around if you're keeping Passport and getting Classic as a 2nd fun device. Jealous!
    Was just thinking the same would live to play with any if those maybe even the q5.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    11-01-14 10:59 AM
    You guys got a lot of cash laying around if you're keeping Passport and getting Classic as a 2nd fun device. Jealous!
    Well, just the fact they are talking about going skiing...

11-01-14 01:05 PM
    I'm waiting for the classic because the PP feels a bit redundant next to my galaxy note and 7 inch tablet. I rarely need a large screen when on the go and have always preferred to keep music and vids on ipod nanos.

The PP is my 1st BB10 phone and I'm finding the OS more of a hindrance than the hybrid kb. I also had no idea Docs to Go removed features.

Regardless, I picked up a $159 shopbb Q5 because I really want to test bb10 on a small screen and ultimately don't want to be restricted by bis. Q10/q5 vids seem to show much more efficient navigation than the PP. My aging eyes and thumbs welcome the increased kb and screen size over the 9900.

I'll be very curious about any Chinese PP knockoffs that use android with something more the 512mb ram, at least 8gb flash and traditional kb operation.
    11-01-14 05:56 PM
    It is about that time of year, I'll have to start looking for some good skiing apps. Plenty of good slopes north (way north) of NYC
    Oh, well, I'm below even the ability to go skiing. Never gone, and never been able to unfortunately...

11-01-14 07:49 PM
    Give it a shot! I did and fell constantly, but one of the most fun, romantic things I've done with my (now) wife. Always exciting to learn something new, and it's a really cool feeling when you're speeding down the slopes.
    But that's the thing, I can't afford a vacation, I can't afford ski equipment, I can't afford any of that. My "splurging" with my money is maybe an occasional drive 3.5 hours away to Tampa or something, and even then I'd have to crash at a friend's place because I don't want to spend money on a hotel... So when I hear someone talk about not wanting to mess up one of their phones while skiing, that entire sentence sounds like rich people talk to me, lol.
    11-02-14 01:09 AM
    Then like me, you'll definit want to avoid the "what's your other phone" thread. Some I guess are luckier than others. I know that feel, man.
    Yah, my "other phone" is the landline at my house, haha. :-D
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    11-02-14 01:36 AM
    Going skiing doesn't mean you are rich. It costs less than a hundred dollars for me to rent skis and get a lift pass to one of the local resorts.

Having 2 phones is a luxury that many cannot afford. I make decent money, but still work another job (hockey official) in the winter. It pays great and allows me the opportunity to work a few hours in the evenings and weekends to support my purchases.
    11-02-14 12:25 PM
    Yah, my "other phone" is the landline at my house, haha. :-D
    Same here haha!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:44 PM
    I have a Passport in black, but am thinking about getting the Classic in white. I know it doesn't have as good of anything the Passport has in terms of specs, but part of me just needs to see how BlackBerry melded BlackBerry 10 with the trackpad, and it would be nice to see my old friend the toolbelt again.

Also, I thought the Passport was ugly when I first saw leaked pictures, but I now think it's cool looking. But I've always liked the Classic's style, it has stayed true to the BlackBerry designs that I've loved for years. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my phone style. I didn't like the Q10 originally because it didn't have the toolbelt, then I didn't like the looks of the Passport. I ended up buying both and love them.

My only concern is that I'm now so used to the three row keyboard and the way it uses gestures, that I'm not sure how well I'd do going back to the "old" way of typing.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:35 PM
    Going skiing doesn't mean you are rich. It costs less than a hundred dollars for me to rent skis and get a lift pass to one of the local resorts.

Having 2 phones is a luxury that many cannot afford. I make decent money, but still work another job (hockey official) in the winter. It pays great and allows me the opportunity to work a few hours in the evenings and weekends to support my purchases.
    Then air fare, time off work (not making money), and yes, $100 to me is a lot to spend on something, not that I never do it, but it has to be worked into my finances, and the food, hotel, a skiing trip would end up costing me probably $800 or more, then factor in time off from work while my bills don't take the time off as well. So maybe not "rich" for some people, but rich for me...

11-02-14 07:12 PM
    I have a Passport in black, but am thinking about getting the Classic in white. I know it doesn't have as good of anything the Passport has in terms of specs, but part of me just needs to see how BlackBerry melded BlackBerry 10 with the trackpad, and it would be nice to see my old friend the toolbelt again.

Also, I thought the Passport was ugly when I first saw leaked pictures, but I now think it's cool looking. But I've always liked the Classic's style, it has stayed true to the BlackBerry designs that I've loved for years. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my phone style. I didn't like the Q10 originally because it didn't have the toolbelt, then I didn't like the looks of the Passport. I ended up buying both and love them.

My only concern is that I'm now so used to the three row keyboard and the way it uses gestures, that I'm not sure how well I'd do going back to the "old" way of typing.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you still use the "old" way (aka the "normal" way) of typing when you get home to your PC, so don't worry about that...

11-02-14 07:14 PM
    Honestly why don't you get an new Q10 for $200 from Shop BlackBerry or buy a second hand one.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:57 PM
    I bought a SE white/gold Q10 from Amazon instead of a Passport while I wait for the Classic. I'm a phone guy and always have a few laying around, it's just a (expensive) hobby of mine lol!

The PP is just to big for me and that would be a waste of $$ considering the Classic will be my main phone for a long time (I hope). If I want a big screen, I'll use a tablet. Just my $.02....

Posted via CB10
    tntmom2013 likes this.
    11-02-14 10:09 PM
    But that's the thing, I can't afford a vacation, I can't afford ski equipment, I can't afford any of that. My "splurging" with my money is maybe an occasional drive 3.5 hours away to Tampa or something, and even then I'd have to crash at a friend's place because I don't want to spend money on a hotel... So when I hear someone talk about not wanting to mess up one of their phones while skiing, that entire sentence sounds like rich people talk to me, lol.
    Wow, Slagman, I would have never guessed (based on your posts) that you are in "this" kind of situation. I don't know, just the way you write.

I actually feel 'bad' for you.

Hope you can make it to a slope (and other fun, and financial success) in the near future!

Good luck, man!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:19 PM
    Wow, Slagman, I would have never guessed (based on your posts) that you are in "this" kind of situation. I don't know, just the way you write.

I actually feel 'bad' for you.

Hope you can make it to a slope (and other fun, and financial success) in the near future!

Good luck, man!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man, but don't feel bad, I'll eventually get out of this situation, still working at it, but I have a clear direction and plan. But anyway, I'm healthy and have a roof over my head, so it's all good, nothing to really complain about. I'll go on a skiing vacation in a few years. I see my situation improving within 5 years time. :-)
    11-02-14 10:53 PM
    My current phone combo is a Q10 + Nokia E90, so I'm thinking of making it a Classic + Passport. Maybe it's time to retire my 7-year old Nokia (it's still going strong though, and no signs of conking out yet!).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:21 AM
    From iphone to BB passsport... awesome! planning to do the same! I am due for a free iphone 6 from my local carrier.. will sell it and get the BB Passport! Glad to hear your loving the switch! Cheers!
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    11-03-14 01:02 AM
    Thanks man, but don't feel bad, I'll eventually get out of this situation, still working at it, but I have a clear direction and plan. But anyway, I'm healthy and have a roof over my head, so it's all good, nothing to really complain about. I'll go on a skiing vacation in a few years. I see my situation improving within 5 years time. :-)
    Glad to hear that. Hopefully sooner

Be well

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:22 AM
    So how well does Words with friends work on passport? Does it still crash all the time? Or run like a normal app?

Also how well does facebook work?
    11-03-14 04:01 PM
32 12