Hello, friends!
    I was not satisfied with my Priv, that I have tried during 3 weeks. Now I am using my iPhone 6s Plus. Fantastic phone, really. I like iOS system more than Android (I have tried Note5 and s6).
    I just want to try something best on BB10. I know that it is Classic topic but many of You have two or more BB devices and tried them, that is why I want to ask You about Pros and Cons (better typing experience, better productivity and everyday use) of P9983 vs Classic vs PP SE.
    Many thanks!
    01-23-16 04:25 AM
    The Classic and the P'9983 should be the same typing experience, since they are both derived from the Q10. The Passport Silver Edition is a different beast. It has a capacitive keyboard, bigger screen, and a bigger battery capacity, which is one of the things important for productivity. However, it's size can be a handicap for some, so if you value a much more portable device, get either P'9983 or the Classic.
    01-23-16 04:38 AM
    There is no doubt that the Classic is the productivity tool #1. Passport can't come close to it:

1) The typing experience on Classic way more better then on Passport. On Passport you have to stretch your fingers too much. Also there is no Alt and Shift keys. So you have to use both screen and keyboard all the time.

2) The toolbelt. It's a productivity miracle! Now you can select any mail and press delete button, or even group of mails. If you want to do the same on passport, you have to make a lot of screen tapings. Minimize app, go back much easier with Back button. Selecting the text, navigating in browser or through the text, etc. much better with Trackpad.

3) Shortcuts on Classic. If you need to send a mail just press BB button twice. If you want to paste the text from the clipboard just press BB button twice. If you want to call just press the button, end call - Press the button even without looking at phone at all. And so on and on...

The Passport is a huge compromise for those who need a device for media consumption also. If you need a device for work there is no better choice then the Classic. If you want a compromise between productivity and media consumption then consider Passport. BUT my advice is: get the Classic and don't sell your iPhone 6s. Use your iPhone for reading, games, movies on the go, RSS, Instagram, etc. And use Classic for communications and business (emails, texting, phone calls, maybe twitter). That is what I did. I have my Galaxy S6 for watching movies and playing games in virtual reality (Gear VR is the ultimate cinema device!), for reading books and other media stuff.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 05:10 AM
    OP, I saw your posts regarding your hard choice between mobile phones in other threads few weeks ago. And now you have decided to open the whole new thread about your permanent doubts.
    My answer to your life-or-death question and doubts is simple:
    Stay away from BlackBerry by all means. Since once you get a BlackBerry 10 smartphone you will definitely start new topics on your doubts concerning the usage of that smartphone.

Posted via Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    01-23-16 06:10 AM
    Hello, friends!
    I was not satisfied with my Priv, that I have tried during 3 weeks. Now I am using my iPhone 6s Plus. Fantastic phone, really. I like iOS system more than Android (I have tried Note5 and s6).
    I just want to try something best on BB10. I know that it is Classic topic but many of You have two or more BB devices and tried them, that is why I want to ask You about Pros and Cons (better typing experience, better productivity and everyday use) of P9983 vs Classic vs PP SE.
    Many thanks!
    Well you won't be happy with the Classic as the build isn't premium.

Posted via CB10
    illlya likes this.
    01-23-16 08:32 AM
    Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion; however, the build quality of the Classic is fine. I use it all day, every day and feel it has a very premium build.

OP, I would recommend going into a store and try the PP and Classic for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 03:44 PM
    If you can handle the awkwardness of the passport form factor I can safely say that it is the best BB10 device, particularly the SE which in my opinion is has the best keyboard of all. Th classic is nice but a little underpowered.
    01-23-16 05:08 PM
    The best in terms of BB10 experience is PP as it has better specs.
    In terms of easy of use and 1handed then Classic.
    The P9983 is a show off device.

Regards
    01-23-16 06:28 PM
    There is no doubt that the Classic is the productivity tool #1. Passport can't come close to it:

1) The typing experience on Classic way more better then on Passport. On Passport you have to stretch your fingers too much. Also there is no Alt and Shift keys. So you have to use both screen and keyboard all the time.

2) The toolbelt. It's a productivity miracle! Now you can select any mail and press delete button, or even group of mails. If you want to do the same on passport, you have to make a lot of screen tapings. Minimize app, go back much easier with Back button. Selecting the text, navigating in browser or through the text, etc. much better with Trackpad.

3) Shortcuts on Classic. If you need to send a mail just press BB button twice. If you want to paste the text from the clipboard just press BB button twice. If you want to call just press the button, end call - Press the button even without looking at phone at all. And so on and on...

The Passport is a huge compromise for those who need a device for media consumption also. If you need a device for work there is no better choice then the Classic. If you want a compromise between productivity and media consumption then consider Passport. BUT my advice is: get the Classic and don't sell your iPhone 6s. Use your iPhone for reading, games, movies on the go, RSS, Instagram, etc. And use Classic for communications and business (emails, texting, phone calls, maybe twitter). That is what I did. I have my Galaxy S6 for watching movies and playing games in virtual reality (Gear VR is the ultimate cinema device!), for reading books and other media stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. I have a friend who has a passport and I love that device. However, for me -- the classic is a better option. For one handed use and the reasons mentioned above I believe it's the best BlackBerry in production. I use the phone in conjunction with an iPad that device handles all the "fun" stuff. The classic for me is strictly for communication --- and at that it can't be topped.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 01:16 AM
    Thank You, friends! Is there anyone who has used classic and p9983 and what they think of the p9983 compared to classic.. and what's good and bad.
    01-24-16 11:43 AM
    Thank You, friends! Is there anyone who has used classic and p9983 and what they think of the p9983 compared to classic.. and what's good and bad.
    I would go with the graphite one mixed with the glasswave back from the black one

There are some good deals on ebay... i will grab one too

Posted via Z30
    01-24-16 12:11 PM
    I have Classic (employer owned) and Passport for personal. Other than one handed typing, the Passport is my preferred device in every other way. If Passport had a dual SIM, I would return my Classic to my employer and use the Passport full time.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    01-24-16 12:33 PM
    What is different OS wise the the porsche design? I know it's bb10 but, is there something unique? If not, I would stick the SE or Classic.

Saying that, I have an OG Passport and a Classic and I actually prefer the smaller Classic.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267 T-Mobile Unlimited Data
    01-24-16 05:57 PM
    OP, I know it's hard to test drive a Passport SE because very rare retail stores carry this model. Why not buy it and try it from Shopberry.com? If you like it, keep it. If not, either return it or sell it at local because SE holds resale value very well.

I will definitely recommend that you go with Passport SE if overall productivity is your higher concern.

If you don't like Priv, the chance is likely higher that you don't like Classic. Because of its smaller screen, you will find it is not that convenient to deal with lots of documents on the go.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-25-16 02:10 AM
    go with Passport SE if overall productivity is your higher concern.
    Well, overall productivity is much higher on Classic. Bigger screen an awkward formfactor almost add nothing to productivity, but much better keyboard, toolbelt and convinient size matter a lot!
    01-25-16 07:11 AM
    I was wondering how many people here have real experience on both Passport SE and Classic. If you only use your device for talk and text, Classic is not a bad choice. Other than those, Passport SE is much better. Larger screen, better keyboard, longer battery life, faster processor, more memory, etc.

OP, you would better try a Passport SE yourself instead of asking for opinions here and there. Your true experience on the real devices is more important.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-25-16 11:25 AM
    better keyboard
    How can it be better? It much worse if we talk about typing experience. The size is too big (need to stretches fingers), no alt and shift keys, can't type without touching the screen (e.g., comma symbol) , the spacebar key is too small. Of course, PP has a touch sensitive keyboard, and it's VERY useful feature, very convenient. But, it has nothing in common with typing experience.
    01-25-16 02:53 PM
    The price points are so different between these three phones. Even on eBay the best you can realistically hope to score on a P9983 is $600, while you can easily find Classics for under $300. Passport SE is somewhere in between.

Nevertheless if price is no object and you just want the best BB10 PKB phone made, I would go with the P9983 for style and exclusivity and keep it purely as a email/calendar/IM phone. It has the smallest screen size of the three, but as long as all you're doing is typing and light browsing it shouldn't matter because you'd have one of the rarest phones on the market lol. It also has the 64 gigs of onboard memory, so no need to bother with an SD (cleaner filing system imo).

Passport SE would be for the other end of the PKB use case - light typing, lots of browsing and document reading polished in a very nicely designed phone.

Classic is kind of in between, the extra .4 inches of screen real estate over the P9983 does make a difference, but if money is no object I wouldn't hesitate to give that up just to try something extremely rare.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's true good post
    I've used the passport for a long time. It's a great phone, but you Ned two hands to use it.
    It's fast, good cam, android aps are working realy well on the device. Battery is top.

After the passport I used the classic, for me this is the best BlackBerry on the market. Small, not too small lile the p9983, good battery, perfect keyboard. I have no android apps on the classic, because they are feling too slow

The priv I bought, but never used longer then one day. I don't like the built quality, and it's too much android.

The p9983 is from the design the nicest device. I like the pd very much, but when you come from an iphone 6 plus or passport, it will be too small

At the moment I'm running again the classic, and I think, more phone I don't need.

Posted via CB10
    alexeysalo likes this.
    01-26-16 08:39 AM
    I currently have a Classic and an SE that are still within the return period with Shop BlackBerry, so I'm trying to decide before the return period is up, which of the two to keep. Honestly, the Classic is definitely getting far more use time than the SE. I thought that the SE would be good for reading documents and browsing the Internet, but I've found that the Classic handles the job well enough for me. The Classic's keyboard is superb too. (I have actually gone through three other Classics and this fourth unit I have is the keeper: the keyboard is super clicky and had the best build quality I've seen compared to any other Classic that I've ever had.).

The SE is still sitting in my den waiting to be used but I don't really have the desire anymore to do so, which is weird because I used to use the original piano black Passport quite a bit (for about four months) and thought that it was the best phone out there. Truthfully though, and in my humble opinion, it's the Classic's perfect keyboard that I enjoy the most. It has just the perfect amount of "clickiness" and the size and feel of it is outstanding.

I still have a few more weeks to decide but right now, it's looking more and more like I'll be keeping the Classic. (The Classic also seems to encourage/facilitate far more typing as there is no way I would have wanted to type all this out on my original Passport. I may have on the SE, but the Classic gets the job done very well!)

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    01-27-16 08:53 PM
    How can it be better? It much worse if we talk about typing experience. The size is too big (need to stretches fingers), no alt and shift keys, can't type without touching the screen (e.g., comma symbol) , the spacebar key is too small. Of course, PP has a touch sensitive keyboard, and it's VERY useful feature, very convenient. But, it has nothing in common with typing experience.
    The Passport is not meant to be a one handed device. Of course you will have to stretch if you are trying to type with one hand. Go with a Classic if that is the experience you are looking for.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 09:18 PM
    Passport (se) is the best BlackBerry device ever made. There is no question here.
    01-27-16 09:28 PM
    If you like the iphone you will not like either, that is my opinion. They are too different from what you know and it is hard to switch. (I tried to switch form phone with keyboard with touch screen and after a week I gave up, it was horrible) .

For me, between the classic and passport, passport is totally better but... as long as you can live with the strange shape.

The keyboard is better on the passport after you learn how to use it. The fact that it doesn't have shift key makes it much faster including the swiping capabilities that you don't have on the classic.

If you switch, watch for how accurate your typing will become 'and fast after a while', watch how fast the browser is, watch how stable is OS (you will never have to restart your phone) and enjoy the multitasking and switching between apps with easiness. Don't forget to use the hub to its full potential because you will not find it anywhere else and it is the best!

Don't look for apps because you will not find many - just the basic stuff to keep you going and happy.