Sooooooooo.....

I've never been a hardcore Blackberry user but have a soft spot for the 9900. However I could never use one because of the lack of decent apps and browser. I loved the professional look for Blackberry's but couldn't use one because of the old UI.

I've primarily had iPhones and most Android Flagships.

When BB10 was introduced I was intrigued, but none of the handsets really had that professional Blackberry look.

I then seen the passport and decided to go for it. I was in love.

I've had a Passport for about 5 months and decided to then get a Classic when it first came out because that's where my love from blackberry stemmed from with the 9900. After a few days of playing with the classic the light bleed and cheaper feeling back were grating on me. I decided to sell my Classic and go back to the passport. I really love the Passports Build and screen, but it was always a little big and the non one hand use was a pain.

I've just picked up my second Classic and it still has light bleed issues (Paint chips on the spacebar) but I feel at home!!

Love the Classic, Blackberry please, please work on the build quality for the Classic two and I'm yours forever.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:55 PM
    Same for me, I had the Passport for five months now and decided to give the Classic a try now. Got it two days ago and I am already 100% convinced!
    I love everything about the Passport BUT when on the go I often hated the size of it. I felt that it is very important to me to be able to use it one-handed if needed which is quite often. Now I am much happier with the Classic! Taking it out of the pocket when ringing and answering a call with the answer button while holding a cup of coffee in the other hand - that's much more important to me than having a huge screen.
    I don't regret my decision in any way!
    Adam Rees and JesseBabe23 like this.
    02-26-15 02:36 PM
    I'm drooling over the thought of a Classic with Passport-like quality and specs.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Adam Rees likes this.
    02-26-15 02:38 PM
    Tell me about it. Chen seems hell bent on pushing the Classic as this phone that all blackberry fans will love. So why put lower specs and 'Made in China' quality on the phone. I like the classic because it just works, just make a better one. Please!!

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    02-26-15 02:51 PM
    I have both - use the Classic as the daily driver for work, and the PP as my personal.
    02-26-15 03:01 PM
    I'm drooling over the thought of a Classic with Passport-like quality and specs.
    same here.............

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Tell me about it. Chen seems hell bent on pushing the Classic as this phone that all blackberry fans will love. So why put lower specs and 'Made in China' quality on the phone. I like the classic because it just works, just make a better one. Please!!

Posted via CB10
    I think time will tell, John Chen is a smart guy, blackberry needs to "Test" the waters first before going crazy with new "classic" hand set. Once the numbers are solid then a decision can be made to upgrade the specs, knowing now that they will have a demand for the product.

My opinion...

Love my Classic
    02-26-15 03:09 PM
    I think time will tell, John Chen is a smart guy, blackberry needs to "Test" the waters first before going crazy with new "classic" hand set. Once the numbers are solid then a decision can be made to upgrade the specs, knowing now that they will have a demand for the product.

My opinion...

Love my Classic
    I completely agree with you. John Chens mind set is completely different from previous CEO who just made a whole bunch of devices thinking all of them were going to sell

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:56 PM
    I beg to differ. It's kind of ironic. Firstly the Classic is made by Foxconn, the company that apparently builds the iPhone which is known for its beautiful build quality. (no one complains about them Made in China)
    The Z3 which was, I believe, Foxconn's 1st endeavour with BlackBerry, was acclaimed for its outstanding build quality. Infact they even said the Z3, despite being a budget device, felt more premium than the Z10 and BlackBerry should consider integrating better hardware to match it's looks/build quality (enter BlackBerry manitoba/rio/leap).
    Now coming back to Classic, the device I received is perfect. Fantastic screen, superb finish, lovely materials and awesome keyboard. It feels like the best BlackBerry device I ever had (I had them all except passport). The build quality is par excellence. The classic branding at the back on the glass is gorgeous. The iconic design, I'm sure is from Mexico. I'm surprised to hear about all these light bleeds and paint chipping off from the keyboard. The unit I have has nothing of this sort. I'm sure this wasn't intentional and might be a result of a bad batch. I'm sure BlackBerry is going to replace such units. The Classic is the right device launched at the right time(maybe a bit late). It is what BlackBerry always needed. Cheers to that!

Posted via CB10
    brdl04 likes this.
    02-28-15 12:12 AM
    Exactly my wish as well. Passport specs crammed into a Classic chassis, slightly larger screen and slightly lighter weight, and maybe a tad bigger trackpad

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    02-28-15 02:34 AM
    I'm with you on this.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:47 AM
    I beg to differ. It's kind of ironic. Firstly the Classic is made by Foxconn, the company that apparently builds the iPhone which is known for its beautiful build quality. (no one complains about them Made in China)
    The Z3 which was, I believe, Foxconn's 1st endeavour with BlackBerry, was acclaimed for its outstanding build quality. Infact they even said the Z3, despite being a budget device, felt more premium than the Z10 and BlackBerry should consider integrating better hardware to match it's looks/build quality (enter BlackBerry manitoba/rio/leap).
    Now coming back to Classic, the device I received is perfect. Fantastic screen, superb finish, lovely materials and awesome keyboard. It feels like the best BlackBerry device I ever had (I had them all except passport). The build quality is par excellence. The classic branding at the back on the glass is gorgeous. The iconic design, I'm sure is from Mexico. I'm surprised to hear about all these light bleeds and paint chipping off from the keyboard. The unit I have has nothing of this sort. I'm sure this wasn't intentional and might be a result of a bad batch. I'm sure BlackBerry is going to replace such units. The Classic is the right device launched at the right time(maybe a bit late). It is what BlackBerry always needed. Cheers to that!

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you had a good classic with no issues. I've had two classics now, two months apart and both had paint chipping off on top of the spacebar. I had the Passport in between and the keys were made from a different material, which felt better to me.

I'm sure the Classic 2 is going to be the Classic we all wanted this time. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:49 AM
    A Classic with a 4" screen and Passport specs. That would be something. (Using a Passport now). Many Passport users say if the device was 10mm narrower, it would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:53 AM
    A Classic with a 4" screen and Passport specs. That would be something. (Using a Passport now). Many Passport users say if the device was 10mm narrower, it would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Well to this. I would take one with a trackpad or without(touch sensitive). Prefer a proper 4 row keyboard though.

Posted via CB10
    TLD1 likes this.
    02-28-15 10:30 AM
    In a side note, Foxconn makes iphones and iphones are the poster child of quality that almost every single industry looks toward. If BlackBerry has accepts poor QC it's on them not China or foxconn

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, are you ready or okay to pay premium price for a premium built Classic? Or want premium for same price now?
    02-28-15 02:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, where did you get that stats that many Passport users wish for a narrower size? I like my Passport just the it is right now.
    02-28-15 02:10 PM
    I beg to differ. (I had them all except passport).

If you have never owned the Passport, then you cannot really comment nor have a differing opinion.

I get you OP - if my Classic was as supercharged on the spec side as the PP, it'd be amazing. It might also cost 100-150 more - not as good. And that is the Enterprise question.

If they fix the build quality, there's really no complaining.
    02-28-15 06:25 PM
    If you have never owned the Passport, then you cannot really comment nor have a differing opinion.

I get you OP - if my Classic was as supercharged on the spec side as the PP, it'd be amazing. It might also cost 100-150 more - not as good. And that is the Enterprise question.

If they fix the build quality, there's really no complaining.
    Are you from the media?? Cut cut paste paste and make a totally different statement. Lol. BTW I was talking about the quality of BlackBerry Classic and it's Chinese make . I guess I can differ because it's about CLASSIC and this is a forum about BlackBerry Classic. Your Passport forum is next doors.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:44 PM
    I'm glad you had a good classic with no issues. I've had two classics now, two months apart and both had paint chipping off on top of the spacebar. I had the Passport in between and the keys were made from a different material, which felt better to me.

I'm sure the Classic 2 is going to be the Classic we all wanted this time. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I'm just hoping that they will be releasing a classic 2 device.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Has a Classic 2 been announced? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:21 PM
    Has a Classic 2 been announced? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    Did he say it was announced? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 12:42 AM
    Are you from the media?? Cut cut paste paste and make a totally different statement. Lol. BTW I was talking about the quality of BlackBerry Classic and it's Chinese make . I guess I can differ because it's about CLASSIC and this is a forum about BlackBerry Classic. Your Passport forum is next doors.

Posted via CB10

I have both
    03-01-15 03:50 PM
    Tell me about it. Chen seems hell bent on pushing the Classic as this phone that all blackberry fans will love. So why put lower specs
    A high spec Classic would hurt the sales of the flagship Passport.
    And if there was a classic II with passport spec's, I'd buy it in a heart beat. The classic is a great device.

Classically posted.
    03-01-15 05:00 PM
    I doubt any high end device will be called the classic. The current classic will stay in rotation for years because enterprise needs it too. I think you'll see a similar device with higher specs but a different name

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:07 PM
    I doubt any high end device will be called the classic. The current classic will stay in rotation for years because enterprise needs it too. I think you'll see a similar device with higher specs but a different name

Posted via CB10
    New Bold maybe?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:15 PM
27 12