I've run into several threads with Passport owners whom either will or are likely to purchase a Classic. My question is why and what purpose would you need more than one device?

I have a Passport and a Samsung Rugby II (work issued). I hate the Rugby II, therefore, I've forwarded all calls AND texts to my Passport. Hence the need to only carry one device. While the lure of the Classic is certainly understandable given the toolbelt, I simply don't see the need to carry another device; especially since already one of them (Rugby) remains idle.

Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:55 AM
    Some people just like having the option of having and using more then one device. Just like owning and using more then one car.
    John Crist likes this.
    12-20-14 08:37 AM
    At least for me it is because I needed a separate mobile number, so I can test out different gsm networks using an unlock device, and no phone offers support for two numbers. I like having a unlocked gsm device, as I will get updates before carrier pushed updates.

The plan right now is either to stay with US Cellular, if they get the classic, or switch to Verizon to upgrade my BBOS device to the Classic. I have a Z30, gotten during blackberry black Friday sale, on my T-Mobile line and will switch to a generation one Passport next black Friday.
    John Crist likes this.
    12-20-14 08:50 AM
    I'm getting the Classic even though I have a Passport mainly for the size. I have to put my phone in and out of my pocket a lot during the day and I think the Classic will be better for that.

Even though I like the Passport and the from factor, my all time favorites have always been the Bold series. Q10 was good but lacking. I've always wanted the best of both worlds in putting the Bold 9900 and Q10 in one with a bigger screen which is what I feel the Classic will be for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 09:47 AM
    SC457 I agree with you.
    I had all BlackBerry. Now I have the Q10 Passport. My Z30 and Z10 I got rid.

Classic may work out better for me. Still have Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:43 AM
    I already have both the PP and the Classic. I just felt like not being able to make an educated decision without owning and using both phones for a few weeks. I will sell one, once I know which one I'm going to keep.
    12-20-14 11:24 AM
    I used the Bold and the bloody Q10 and now the Passport. Seeing the classic, and how awesome the Bold was for me as a messaging and email client, I contemplated a thought that I would consider the Classic.

But, I realize that I do more than email and text now. I use maps, browse internet, look at pdf documents, and run popular android apps and play some games along the way. Besides the email and text capabilities and the awesome four row keyboard, I think the Classic is inadequate in the rest of the categories I have listed.

I wish the Passport has the classic four row keyboard but three row is more than adequate for me. I got used to it, and I am getting faster at it, although I will never be as fast as I was on the Q10 or the Bold.

TLR I value screen size and the solid specs a lot more than the tool belt and the four row keyboard. I really hope, the Passport 2 will bring back the four row keyboard.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-20-14 01:45 PM