No you afe not alone with your idea of switching from Passport to Classic. I really like my Passport, it is a great and unique device and that large 1:1 screen is great for all sorts of viewing content. However when it comes to daily use a phone or communications device, I sometimes have a hard time with the Passport. The size simply makes it uncomfortable and even inconvenient in some situations.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I plan to do when I have both phones already. I do more typing and communicating rather than multimedia, so the Classic will be my daily driver for sending texts and emails, and for writing/drafting documents and papers for work. If I need to watch videos, view big or wide attachments, take photos and edit photos, I'll be using the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:28 PM
    yep. same here. Passport to Classic.

Due to the two reasons stated above:

1. Size
    2. Trackpad

Sold my Passport early as soon as I realized it wasn't for me - not wanting to own a swiftly depreciating device; keenly awaiting the Classic now.
    11-25-14 04:30 AM
    Yup I dumped the passport waiting on the classic.. Passport is just too big it's like a tablet

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:22 PM
    Different strokes for different folks. None of them is better or worse. Sounds like most of us know exactly what we need as a main driver.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-26-14 12:04 AM
    I wouldn't give up my Passport as my main device, but: when running my dogs in dog agility events on the weekend, I would love a smaller device like the classic I think (need to win one though, not going to buy one for limited use). I'm assuming it is a nano SIM too?

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-26-14 12:43 AM
    I always thought the passport would be way to big for me as an old bold 9900 and Q10 fan!
    I wanted to wait for the classic but couldn't hold out until the release... I finally ordered a Passport!
    I'm typing this on the Passport right now and I absolutely love the form factor.
    Also thought I could never deal with the 3-row-keyboard! But you have to give it some days to settle down... speed is going to reach nearly bold speed!
    Another thing: the android app performance is superb on the passport! I don't know how the classic is going to perform with the smaller processor!

Bottom line: I will keep the passport! Of course I will test a classic, if it blows me away I can still sell the passport on ebay!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    11-26-14 01:26 AM
    Yep I'm another that will probably switch to the Classic..buts that's only due to that I have always been a track pad tool belt guy. thats something I do miss about my BB9900.

Via My amazing BBPassport
    Funny you say that as I didn't give it much thought until it wasn't there anymore. Have to say I do like the dedicated call and end call buttons.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:30 PM
    Yup I dumped the passport waiting on the classic.. Passport is just too big it's like a tablet

Posted via CB10
    I think I read some of you post that you had issues with your device.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:32 PM
    I wouldn't give up my Passport as my main device, but: when running my dogs in dog agility events on the weekend, I would love a smaller device like the classic I think (need to win one though, not going to buy one for limited use). I'm assuming it is a nano SIM too?

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    Yes it's a nano SIM. I also have a Z30 and iPhone 6 in addition to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:38 PM
    Just placed my Passport up for sale.
    12-01-14 09:06 PM
    I have the Passport but will be moving to the Classic once it is available. I like the Passport but the size isn't really conducive for my daily needs. The three row keyboard isn't as functional (for me) as the four row, and altho I can type just fine its not as enjoyable as typing on a regular BlackBerry. I think the Passport is just too much phone for me. My needs are pretty basic.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 09:39 AM
    I am thinking to get classic as my main phone as well.
    I love the Passport, but as a multitasks person I am, one hand use is very important to me.
    If passport is few inches narrower or more one hand friendly, it will my perfect phone.
    12-02-14 10:10 AM
    My plan is to have both. Enjoying my Passport and have pre-ordered the Classic. I guess I'll be switching between these two regularly.

Posted via CB10
    I plan to do the same thing with the passport and my z30.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.1151
    12-02-14 07:30 PM
    I've been fighting the urge to order a Passport because I knew once I got the Classic it would be main phone.

If it was a couple of months or longer, I'd probably do it now? Being that the Classic is only a few weeks away, I'll just wait...

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 08:12 PM
    I've been fighting the urge to order a Passport because I knew once I got the Classic it would be main phone.

If it was a couple of months or longer, I'd probably do it now? Being that the Classic is only a few weeks away, I'll just wait...

Posted via CB10
    The passport really is an awesome device and very intuitive... it grows more and more on me every single day. I love this thing!

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    12-02-14 10:16 PM
    The passport really is an awesome device and very intuitive... it grows more and more on me every single day. I love this thing!

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm afraid of!

I think I'll wait for the Classic, then if it doesn't floor me, I'll get a Passport? Who am I kidding, I'll probably order a Passport anyway...

Posted via CB10
    Skyforever and dmateo like this.
    12-02-14 11:34 PM
    ....I like the Passport but the size isn't really conducive for my daily needs. The three row keyboard isn't as functional (for me) as the four row, and altho I can type just fine its not as enjoyable as typing on a regular BlackBerry......
    Posted via CB10
    I have been worried about the same thing. That is why I have decided not to purchase the Passport. I think the touch features of the Passport keyboard are great, but I'm not sold on the 3-row layout. So, I have gone ahead and pre-ordered the Classic. I also prefer its smaller size for comfortably carrying it in a holster on my belt.
    12-03-14 02:02 AM
    I have a Passport and although I like it I don't really love it. The size is just bit wide for my liking. Whereas the classic might seem to fit the bill better.

Therefore I'm considering dumping the Passport and grabbing a Classic instead. Anyone else have the same idea?

Posted via CB10
    Yes after 2 months you'll say the opposite: "Screen is too small in Classic". You just don't know what you want. That's your problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:54 AM
    I have tried the passport in store. It is too big.
    I'll use a tablet if I want a bigger screen

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 12:01 PM
    Passport too big for me as well. Just not for folks with smaller hands. I wish at&t had carried the z30 but no go. Awaiting classic.
    12-03-14 12:06 PM
    Have a Passport now and pre ordered the Classic yesterday. Really like the Passport but always liked the Bold/Classic design the best. I'll use the Classic for a while and see which one I like best.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:04 PM
    That's what I'm afraid of!

I think I'll wait for the Classic, then if it doesn't floor me, I'll get a Passport? Who am I kidding, I'll probably order a Passport anyway...

Posted via CB10
    Just get it!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    12-04-14 08:53 PM
    Passport too big for me as well. Just not for folks with smaller hands. I wish at&t had carried the z30 but no go. Awaiting classic.
    I have the z30. Working on AT&T and it's work very well. Got LTE

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:06 PM
    To me that would be a downgrade but if the size works better for you..then go for it!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    dmateo likes this.
    12-04-14 09:21 PM
    To me that would be a downgrade but if the size works better for you..then go for it!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    Downgrade from passport to classic?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:52 PM
82 1234