I have a Passport and although I like it I don't really love it. The size is just bit wide for my liking. Whereas the classic might seem to fit the bill better.

Therefore I'm considering dumping the Passport and grabbing a Classic instead. Anyone else have the same idea?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750), Mr4aces and Chrisy like this.
    11-17-14 08:16 PM
    I'm sure you're not alone. The classic looks amazing, but the screen size would be too much of a downgrade for me.
    11-17-14 08:49 PM
    I'm sure you're not alone. The classic looks amazing, but the screen size would be too much of a downgrade for me.
    That is one concern I have. I'll wait to see the Classic in person.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:24 PM
    There's pros and cons to all the form factors that BlackBerry offers.

I'm enjoying my passport. It definitely is the Big Mac of the blackberry devices. If you don't crave it's big screen then it makes sense to go for something smaller like the Classic. I'm enjoying the passport's huge screen and huge battery but I can understand how it wouldn't be for everyone.

I will wait for the Classic's price to drop before I add it to my Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, Passport collection :-)

Passport to Classic-img_20141114_091452.png

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and kb1234 like this.
    11-17-14 09:55 PM
    I have a Passport and although I like it I don't really love it. The size is just bit wide for my liking. Whereas the classic might seem to fit the bill better.

Therefore I'm considering dumping the Passport and grabbing a Classic instead. Anyone else have the same idea?

Posted via CB10
    How long have you had the Passport for?

I completely understand where you're coming from. I absolutely love my passport and the size of the screen. The trade off? I have a huge screen that I adore but a phone thats difficult to fit into my pocket. I love the keyboard. I've gotten used to it and the typing flows just as well as it did on the Q10. The classic is a different animal. People are so worried about the specs though. Why? does your Q10 operate slowly? mine sure doesn't. As long as the device runs as it should and can take the day to day grind with ease, I wouldn't care if it had 1gb of RAM and a 500mhz processor as long as the phone ran well. People are so obsessed with the numbers. Performance is more important. Same reason a Porsche 911 needs less horsepower than a Mustang GT500. Its not about how much power you have. It's how you use it.
    Niro Sri and Chrisy like this.
    11-17-14 10:13 PM
    I can see why another reason the passport was released before the classic. Price the passport @ $699 CDN then when passport is available it's $499. Softens the blow for passport owners who are contemplating buying the classic

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:34 AM
    My plan is to have both. Enjoying my Passport and have pre-ordered the Classic. I guess I'll be switching between these two regularly.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:26 AM
    I've had my passport for about a month. However I haven't used it that much and in fact I haven't used it outside the house.

I find myself either taking with me my iPhone 6 or my Z30 when I go out.

I bought the Passport as I thought viewing documents would be that much better than my other phones but I'm not finding that to be the case. Its a great phone but I'm not sure if I'll keep it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:58 AM
    For me it's all about whether all the advantages of the Passport justify the size. I think they do. Classic will be the more convenient device at the expense of some of the innovative features of the Passport.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 11:04 AM
    By convenient I mean easy to carry and hold.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 11:05 AM
    Classic sure is nice to look at

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-19-14 11:18 AM
    this post makes me realize that people spend a lot on smartphones, wow!!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-19-14 06:51 PM
    Think about how powerful they are. Computers thinner than most brochures that have the batteries that last a day or more, that can make phone calls, browse the web and play games and most importantly, get work done. Email is a huge feature that people have taken for granted. Pretty much a steal imho. You spend just as much on smartphones if you have one on a contract. You pay for your phone every month on your bill. So don't be fooled! You pay just as much. My Passport has as much RAM as a typical laptop. A processor that runs through tasks so fast Muhammed Ali couldn't catch em'

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    Last edited by Coraya; 11-19-14 at 08:02 PM.
    11-19-14 06:56 PM
    Addiction is a killer...
    11-19-14 07:43 PM
    Think about how powerful they are. Computers thinner than most brochures that have the batteries that last a day or more, that can make phone calls, browse the web and play games and most importantly, get work done. Email is a huge feature that people have taken for granted. Pretty much a steal imho. You spend just as much on smartphones if you have one on a contract. You pay for your phone every month on your bill. So don't be fooled! You pay just as much. My Passport has as much RAM as a typical laptop. A processor that runs through tasks so fast Muhammed Ali couldn't catch em'

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    I agree with you. I just paid full retail price for my passport to get out of the 2/3 years contract in a couple of months when I'll be free of that. I just can't see myself buying another phone any time soon after what I paid. I was just amazed to see people here with a Z10, Q10, Z30, passport, and already talking about the classic.
    11-19-14 11:24 PM
    I have confirmation that my carrier will be supplying the classic. I will be replacing my note 3 with it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-19-14 11:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey! When you get your classic, kindly hand me your passport.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    11-20-14 04:14 PM
    Well I've decided when I get back home from U.S. Thanksgiving that I am going to put up for sale my Passport. Its a great device but its not something I find myself using at all.
    11-23-14 03:23 PM
    Personally, after using a Passport for almost two months, I can't justify going back to a tiny screen. I held a Q10 again a few weeks ago and it seemed like a small toy in comparison to my Passport, just sayin...

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-23-14 04:07 PM
    Personally, after using a Passport for almost two months, I can't justify going back to a tiny screen. I held a Q10 again a few weeks ago and it seemed like a small toy in comparison to my Passport, just sayin...

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    I can understand that. However I do have a Z30 and a iPhone 6. Unfortunately I have a little bit of a problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 10:19 PM
    I wanted the Classic at first, but got the Passport. I love it. I don't know if I would be able to adjust to a regular keyboard again, since I swipe back to delete all the time on my Passport, and the width of the keyboard feels perfect now.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 06:21 AM
    It's all relative. If a smartphone is really important to you then it's fine if you spend a lot on it. Unfortunately in my case, if you don't have a lot to start with its hard to spend a lot lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    11-24-14 07:36 AM
    Right now I'm using the Passport as my main phone, but when the Classic becomes available, I'll make the Classic my main phone and relegate the Passport to backup phone. The toolbelt, trackpad, and 4-row keyboard are of primary importance to me. Text selection and cursor placement, and cutting, pasting, or copying text, is still much easier, more precise, and more efficient on a Bold-type phone.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and hnguyen like this.
    11-24-14 06:34 PM
    No you afe not alone with your idea of switching from Passport to Classic. I really like my Passport, it is a great and unique device and that large 1:1 screen is great for all sorts of viewing content. However when it comes to daily use a phone or communications device, I sometimes have a hard time with the Passport. The size simply makes it uncomfortable and even inconvenient in some situations.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:03 PM
    Yep I'm another that will probably switch to the Classic..buts that's only due to that I have always been a track pad tool belt guy. thats something I do miss about my BB9900.

Via My amazing BBPassport
    sam_tek and AthenaSmith like this.
    11-24-14 09:28 PM
82 123 ...