Hey everyone, I'm a current q10 user and by the end of the year I'm gonna try to get a new blackberry, the thing is that I'm equally interested in the Classic and the Passport! I really can't decide.
    Thanks

Pearl-Curve-Q10-Soon will be a Passport or Classic!
    01-07-16 10:35 AM
    If you search around a bit you'll find other threads / posts that discuss this.
    01-07-16 10:56 AM
    I had a Q10 at first release. When the Passport specs started showing up as rumors I was very interested. I have been a PKB fan since my 7100 device.

I have had my Passport coming up on a full year. I love the bettery life, the keyboard, and the hardware. There is a learning curve due to the virtual portion of the keyboard. Once you learn the transition it becomes second nature.

From what I've read, the hardware on the classic is substandard. If the tool belt and pocket friendly design are primary factors, you should choose the Classic.

If you want a unique large screen powerhouse choose the Passport

Passport. It's not as big as you think it is.
    01-07-16 11:00 AM
    The Classic is basically a more "complete" and bigger version of what you have, the Passport is an entirely new experience that will take a little while to really feel comfortable on.

I have both, and I love them both. My Classic isn't slow (I also don't run a single android app), and it looks and feels just like the Blackberrys of years past, which I love. There is nothing that feels subpar to me, but the Passport (I had the original and now the Silver Edition) is just bigger and does have a better screen, though it's not like the Classic's is *bad.*

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-07-16 12:01 PM
    Well if you really get used to "call bb trackpad back and end buttons" the choose classic,but if you are really satisfied with your q10, the defo go with passport
    01-07-16 12:35 PM
    Depends on you. I had a passport and finally I sold it for a Classic. For me, the form factor is very important.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 12:39 PM
    As I have said many times I haven't used my passport since picking up the classic. Here are the three reasons why.

1. The size, it always seemed like I was trying to figure out where to put the passport. The classic requires no thought. It just goes in a pocket.

2. The lack of the tool belt. Physical buttons and the track pad add much to the convenience on the Classic. The capacitive keyboard on the passport just misses the boat because there is no cursor on screen.

3. The three row keyboard. WTF was blackberry thinking? You have this huge device and you couldn't fit the 4th row in there?

Ok so I thought of a 4th. One hand usage, I always grab the classic out of my pocket to check notifications with one hand. Not really possible with the passport. When I was using the passport I found that I didn't check notifications very often because it was a pita.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    alexeysalo, g_t_n and jas1978 like this.
    01-07-16 12:42 PM
    As I have said many times I haven't used my passport since picking up the classic. Here are the three reasons why.

1. The size, it always seemed like I was trying to figure out where to put the passport. The classic requires no thought. It just goes in a pocket.

2. The lack of the tool belt. Physical buttons and the track pad add much to the convenience on the Classic. The capacitive keyboard on the passport just misses the boat because there is no cursor on screen.

3. The three row keyboard. WTF was blackberry thinking? You have this huge device and you couldn't fit the 4th row in there?

Ok so I thought of a 4th. One hand usage, I always grab the classic out of my pocket to check notifications with one hand. Not really possible with the passport. When I was using the passport I found that I didn't check notifications very often because it was a pita.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    This sums up my experience. I went from a Q-10 to a Passport, and then got a classic. I intended to switch back and forth, but the Passport has gone untouched since the Classic arrived.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 06:11 PM
    They're both really good device, so you can't really go wrong with either one of them. I think it depends on really what's more important to you.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 12:14 AM
    By the end of the YEAR???
    01-08-16 12:58 AM
    If your switching from a Q10 you should go with the Classic ( which is basically the Q10s successor) has the same feel keyboard and similar shape. I have nothing against the Passport but I will take some time to get used to and the keyboard has a different feeling from phones like Bold Classic Torch or Q10 and it is harder to hold with just one hand. Not to mention the Classic has a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 09:21 AM
    If your switching from a Q10 you should go with the Classic ( which is basically the Q10s successor) has the same feel keyboard and similar shape. I have nothing against the Passport but I will take some time to get used to and the keyboard has a different feeling from phones like Bold Classic Torch or Q10 and it is harder to hold with just one hand. Not to mention the Classic has a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    I guess Q10's predecessor is the passport while bold devices is for the classic. It is being compared side by side to a 9900 bold during the unveiling of both passport and classic if ur gonna take it chronologically and specs wise I do agree with u

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 09:46 AM