11-28-15 08:48 AM
35 12
tools
    Currently have the passport but was considering to switch to the classic. Is it worth it?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:38 AM
    I have Classic but want Passport. Can we make a deal?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:45 AM
    With cash on top of your end lol

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:03 AM
    I have and use both. Classic gets used 10x. PP spends most of its life at desk. Just too large for comfort, IMO. PP is a great PDF viewer, tho. Capacitive keyboard is WAY better than no track Q10 but it's still NO substitute for Classic's trackpad & toolbelt, imo. PP's specs are its main claim to fame, IMO. Too bad Classic got short end of specs but i have no real complaints. More specs might have improved sales among "bragging rights" crowds but also might shorten battery endurance and cause more overheating. In the end, given a choice, i grab my Classic.
    11-09-15 04:48 AM
    I was considering to switch to the classic from the Passport a couple of times, especially as a work phone.

I think if you want to switch performance for a more compact size and a classic keyboard it's probably okay.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:18 AM
    Hi, I may do the same.

I am seriously considering buying unlocked Classic to use instead of my Passport. While the PP is awesome and very fast, and an overall great device, the width and pointy corners drive me crazy. PP fits in my pocket But those pointy corners hurt when you bend over!

I also looked at the Priv and had thought I had made up my mind to get it, as it seemed as though it might fit in my small hands better, however I am not a fan of android, and of course it has those pointy corners.

Now that Amazon has the Classic fairly cheap I may get one. I love the form factor! My only concern is how much of a performance hit will I take?

Love BB10 BTW. I have a Z30 too but it's a pain to switch the sim card out with pp nano sim.

Posted via CB10
    ume_kun likes this.
    11-09-15 12:01 PM
    I am considering upgrading to the Classic from my Q10 but I am waiting for a minor sale from Wind Mobile.

Currently @ $500 with a $300 discount upgrade for me. Used Classic's are going for $250-300 in my area in excellent condition.

I believe the Classic would have sold a little better had Blackberry upgraded a few more specs and priced it a little more for volume.

I believe they may have over estimated the actual level of demand a bit from government and corporation clients. The device is excellent but I do believe it was priced and built/speced for the highest possible margins to turn around the hardware division as much as possible.

In the end they would have been able to sell more units with fleet level pricing. With corporations who were looking to upgrade to BB10 or had already, the difference in price between new/replacement Q10's, Z10's etc and a new $449 USD / $499 CDN Classic might not have been worth it. I know this has been debated a ton in the forms but when some of these companies are replacing phones in the thousands of units, saving $50 or $100 a unit adds up to real $$$. For the average consumer the $50 or so might be worth it.

Just my $.02

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:26 PM
    Is worth switching from a Passport to a Classic?

It matters what you expect!

What makes you feel switching?
    Both devices have it pros. and cons.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:08 PM
    Passport better for desktop use, like a "mini tablet".
    Classic better for "street warrior" use. The trackpad and the toolbet are unbeatable for one hand use.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:14 PM
    I think the main reason I kind of wanting to switch is because the passport is a little to big for a one hand use.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:42 PM
    I have both and it honestly depends on your preference. On days when I'm spending most of my time in the hub doing email, sms, bbm; I go for the classic. Typing up a small essay or extremely long email, out comes the passport. The Passport is also easily the best mobile device on the market when it comes straight down to browsing the Web and reading text heavy articles. Giant wide screen couple with the touch keyboard is a dream come true.

That said, I have to say I spend a little more time these days on the classic... something about the toolbelt just keeps me coming back.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    11-10-15 12:04 AM
    I've been wanting to get a Classic lately due to sorely missing the four row keyboard.
    Question, are the Classic keyboard keys as easy to press as the Q10? My OG Passport takes more effort and I miss the Q10 feel.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:11 PM
    Got my classic today! I'm really enjoying this keyboard. I have to say the call quality on the Classic is better than the passport. Love the form factor and the weight of the device. I do like the large screen size on the PP. I do like the PP number keys on the screen as opposed to hitting alt for numbers. I'm sure I'll get used to the alt for numbers again.

So far I'm happy with the classic and can see myself using it as my every day phone. It fits great in my pocket!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:19 PM
    I have both...Classic keyboard is far better than the Passport. Absolutely love it!
    11-12-15 10:32 PM
     Passport Silver Edition
    The Best of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:23 AM
    I've been wanting to get a Classic lately due to sorely missing the four row keyboard.
    Question, are the Classic keyboard keys as easy to press as the Q10? My OG Passport takes more effort and I miss the Q10 feel.

Posted via CB10
    They're much better than the Q10 don't worry.

Best keyboard BlackBerry has ever produced!

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    11-13-15 09:35 AM
    I've been happily using the Passport for about a couple of months now but a couple days ago, I went to Bell and bought outright a Classic. I only kept it for about 24 hours and then went back to get a full refund. I'm sticking to my Passport. Other people were right: once you get used to the Passport, it can be hard to downgrade in screen size and performance to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 11:15 PM
    Had Classic. Just got Passport last month. And now I stick to both. Each have their own pro and cons.

Posted from my Passport PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 09:48 PM
    Passport Silver Edition is the best among Classic, Passport OG and SE I have owned.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-15-15 12:27 AM
    I switched to Classic from the passport and never looked back. It's too big for me n just too much phone. Useless (to me)
    11-15-15 01:14 AM
    I started with the passport but size was it's downfall now rocking classic and Priv looking like the Classic will win in the end.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 06:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Classic keyboard is the best keyboard they've ever made, and the second best FEELING keyboard they've ever made. Right behind Passport when it comes to the tactile feel of the keys.

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    11-18-15 11:12 AM
    I started with the passport but size was it's downfall now rocking classic and Priv looking like the Classic will win in the end.

Posted via CB10
    Classic winning over priv because of hardware or os?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    11-18-15 11:13 AM
    Am using both a passport Silver Edition and Blue BlackBerry classic

Passport is personal, classic for work. I really enjoy those two phones. Every one of them has their pros

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:40 AM
    The Passport is ugly and huge. If you need a phone, go for Classic. If you need a mini-tablet go for The Passport. But is it worth to use a mini-tablet with 50% functional capability? Because you won't be able to check your FB, Twitter properly anyway, because the applications do not work perfect and you will need to use laptop or another touch phone. Your call.

Posted via Classic
    11-25-15 07:38 AM
35 12